Questions about Dream Coil Topper
Apr 3, 2008 11:38 AM
 I am considering buying this topper but I was reading on Amazon that everyone received yellowed and stain looking toppers and not what they looked like in the picture.  They were also complaining about being too short.  Maybe Amazons' were seconds but I was wondering if yours looked like the picture (whch is white) or was yours yellowed.  Is it very firm or does it seem supportive.  My husband has had neck and back fusions and I am trying to find something to help him be some what comfortable.  I am also considering buying the cuddlebed mattress pad too.  I am worried though that it wouldn't fit in my oversize washing machine as a bought a fluffy mattress pad from kohls and did not have good results with it holding up.

Thanks for your help,

Emi

Re: Questions about Dream Coil Topper
Reply #5 Apr 3, 2008 5:15 PM
I also bought one of the Dream Coil toppers at the same time as BeddyBye, in Queen size. It is Omalon foam and NOT memory foam. Mine is pink.

Looks like they are still available in XL twin at the link Philly888 gave. It's a great price, and if you buy two and cut them down, under your mattress pad and sheets I seriously doubt you would feel the join.
Reply #6 Apr 3, 2008 6:12 PM
Anyone have the measurements of the Twin XL ?
Reply #7 Apr 3, 2008 7:07 PM
The JCPenney  site says the twin xl size is 34 x 76.

Emi

Reply #8 Apr 4, 2008 12:36 AM
I was just going to suggest doing something like this if you had a larger mattress. If you get the Ultimate CuddleBed Plus from Costco, you can put this right over the Dream Coil toppers and "tuck it all in". Heavenly. Or should that be DREAMY! :) Good luck.

EmiJ wrote:
BeddyBye,</p><p>I plan on buying two from JCPenneys and cutting off the extra to fit our queen mattress.  Do you think that will work?  I just google the name of Dream Coil Topper and it brought up Amazon's website so I just looked at it there and was wondering if it was similar to JCPenny's. </p><p>Thanks</p><p>Emi 
Reply #9 Apr 4, 2008 12:39 AM
I notice you said yours was PINK.. All three of mine are a cream color, similar to the photo on JC Penneys website. Theirs looks a bit whiter, but that could just be the lighting or my computer. I wonder why yours is pink. Maybe they've made it on both colors. I wonder if Carpenter can answer that.

kimmcgov wrote:
I also bought one of the Dream Coil toppers at the same time as BeddyBye, in Queen size. It is Omalon foam and NOT memory foam. Mine is pink.

Looks like they are still available in XL twin at the link Philly888 gave. It's a great price, and if you buy two and cut them down, under your mattress pad and sheets I seriously doubt you would feel the join.
This message was modified Apr 4, 2008 by BeddyBye
Reply #10 Apr 4, 2008 1:26 AM
BeddyBye wrote:
I notice you said yours was PINK.. All three of mine are a cream color, similar to the photo on JC Penneys website. Theirs looks a bit whiter, but that could just be the lighting or my computer. I wonder why yours is pink. Maybe they've made it on both colors. I wonder if Carpenter can answer that.

Right -- it's pink. Weird, huh? It otherwise looks the same with the different squiggly/swirly panels.

I guess I could ask Carpenter about it (why pink?) and ask them at the same time why they are discontinuing the toppers. If indeed they ARE being discontinued. Could just be that Penney's are no longer carrying them. It might be worth it for Emi or anyone else thinking about this topper to contact Carpenter and see if there's anywhere else they can be purchased. They do still feature the Dream Coil on their web site (see link below), so maybe it is still available somewhere...

http://www.carpenter.com/divisions/consumer-products/foamPillows.php
Reply #11 Apr 4, 2008 12:00 PM
I just ordered the two twins Dream Coil Toppers yesterday and they are on their way.  After I get the cuddlebed pad I will let everyone know how its working out.

Thanks,

Emi

Reply #12 Apr 4, 2008 4:31 PM
Oh, good, you were able to get them all! I take it you ordered a Queen sized Ultimate CuddleBed Plus from Costco.com? I forgot, what type of mattress do you have? I mean, what will be underneath the Dream Coil and CuddleBed? That can make a difference, too. I have a somewhat cushion-firm zippered, LuraFlex coil mattress with a wee bit of xtra-firm HR PU foam and two inches of 32 ILD talalay latex with a quilted cover. Not too bad by itself, actually. But, the combination of the Dream Coil and CuddleBed just seem to add something special to it. And, yet I don't feel I'm laying on a pile of foam toppers like I was for a short while when I experimented with memory foam and latex on top. Not only did it "argue" with my lower back, but it took a ladder or a flying leap to get into bed every night. :) I hope you'll be able to find the right match like I did. :)

EmiJ wrote:
I just ordered the two twins Dream Coil Toppers yesterday and they are on their way.  After I get the cuddlebed pad I will let everyone know how its working out.</p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Emi
Reply #13 Apr 4, 2008 5:45 PM
BeddyBye wrote:
Oh, good, you were able to get them all! I take it you ordered a Queen sized Ultimate CuddleBed Plus from Costco.com? I forgot, what type of mattress do you have? I mean, what will be underneath the Dream Coil and CuddleBed? That can make a difference, too. I have a somewhat cushion-firm zippered, LuraFlex coil mattress with a wee bit of xtra-firm HR PU foam and two inches of 32 ILD talalay latex with a quilted cover. Not too bad by itself, actually. But, the combination of the Dream Coil and CuddleBed just seem to add something special to it. And, yet I don't feel I'm laying on a pile of foam toppers like I was for a short while when I experimented with memory foam and latex on top. Not only did it "argue" with my lower back, but it took a ladder or a flying leap to get into bed every night. :) I hope you'll be able to find the right match like I did. :)

Yes I haven't prdered the CuddleBed yet but will next week and that will be a queen size.  We have a 7 inch firm latex mattress in a waterbed frame with a 3 in visco elastic memory foam topper.  I have a 2 inch foamex resilitex that is a medium firmness but I am getting rid of this.  We will have to experiment I am sure to get it totally right but this will be a start and with any luck this might work with what we have. With my husbands' back and neck fusion he doesn't want to even try a coil mattress because he is afraid it would be hard on his pressure points.

Emi

Reply #14 Apr 5, 2008 8:42 AM
I got my Dream Coil topper yesterday and I was so excited. I pulled the 2.5" convoluted HR foam one off the bed that I had been using (bought at a local fabric/foam outlet and don't know ILD except they call it "mattress grade" foam). The old foam is in great shape and very comfortable but just a little too hard to roll over on--had to get a little momentum and it would awaken me. So...

After sleeping on the Dream Coil I woke up a bit achy and so did my husband although that can randomly happen with us anyway. We both felt we tossed and turned more to get comfortable although the bed felt heavenly when we first went to sleep.

If I put my old convoluted HR topper back on with the Dream Coil on top it will be too high and probably be even more bouyant. Should I try a 1-2 inch piece of latex under the dream coil? We tried the dream coil so we could have better support in our lower back since my husband uses a CPAP machine and needs to stay on his back for the oxygen and mask to work most successfully.

Just to refresh everone's memory--I have a sealy springfree bed that has a 6" Dunlop core, 34 ILD, then 3 layers of I" talalay with ILD's of 37, 28, and 19 in that order. It has some PU foam on top as well. I really need some help here. This mattress felt so comfortable when I first got it but after sinking into it during the night it felt hard the next morning, thus my topper experimentation. You all are the pros and I do need advice before trying another topper even if its talalay latex.

Thanks in advance--Sabra

Recent Posts