Questions about Dream Coil Topper
Apr 3, 2008 11:38 AM
 I am considering buying this topper but I was reading on Amazon that everyone received yellowed and stain looking toppers and not what they looked like in the picture.  They were also complaining about being too short.  Maybe Amazons' were seconds but I was wondering if yours looked like the picture (whch is white) or was yours yellowed.  Is it very firm or does it seem supportive.  My husband has had neck and back fusions and I am trying to find something to help him be some what comfortable.  I am also considering buying the cuddlebed mattress pad too.  I am worried though that it wouldn't fit in my oversize washing machine as a bought a fluffy mattress pad from kohls and did not have good results with it holding up.

Thanks for your help,

Emi

Re: Questions about Dream Coil Topper
Reply #1 Apr 3, 2008 12:27 PM
I don't think the one you must be looking at on Amazon, the "Complete Comfort Dreamcoil 2-Inch Memory Foam Topper":

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Comfort-Dreamcoil-2-Inch-Memory/dp/B000B8FXUI/

is the same as the Carpenter Dream Coil that has been discussed in this forum. There's no mention that it's "Omalon", a PU foam that the Dream Coil is made of. Instead, the Dreamcoil is described as being "Visco-elastic Memory foam". If it were the same, btw, people who wanted the Dream Coil in a size other than Twin XL would be very happy, because what Amazon is selling is available in all sizes *except* Twin XL .

Btw, the Twin XL Dream Coil sold by JC Penney is 4" longer than the "too short" Twin Dreamcoil sold by Amazon and about $25 cheaper, even taking into account the postage. (With a JCP coupon code it's $30 cheaper)

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?ItemID=1490455&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=STY&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy

Philly888

This message was modified Apr 3, 2008 by Philly888
Reply #2 Apr 3, 2008 2:09 PM
This is NOT the same Dream Coil Omalon mattress pad made by Carpenter. I purchased mine at JCPenney.com back when they had more sizes. I got a King and two XL Twins. I LOVE mine! It came packaged in plastic and was very clean with no tears or stains. Again, if you are looking for the Dream Coil mentioned on this forum, do NOT buy that one from Amazon which is something else entirely.

I also have the Ultimate CuddleBed Plus mattress fiber cover from Costco.com. I LOVE it! It feels so wonderful over my Dream Coil topper. I liked it so much, I bought another one for the future in case Costco stops selling them. It's very high quality and reasonably priced. It has a very deep fitted skirt, too. Here is the link below:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11189730&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|62415|28683|492&N=4019827&Mo=14&pos=2&No=14&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=492&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC14142-Cat28683&topnav=

EmiJ wrote:
 I am considering buying this topper but I was reading on Amazon that everyone received yellowed and stain looking toppers and not what they looked like in the picture.  They were also complaining about being too short.  Maybe Amazons' were seconds but I was wondering if yours looked like the picture (whch is white) or was yours yellowed.  Is it very firm or does it seem supportive.  My husband has had neck and back fusions and I am trying to find something to help him be some what comfortable.  I am also considering buying the cuddlebed mattress pad too.  I am worried though that it wouldn't fit in my oversize washing machine as a bought a fluffy mattress pad from kohls and did not have good results with it holding up.</p><p>Thanks for your help,</p><p>Emi
Reply #3 Apr 3, 2008 2:44 PM
JC Penney only has XL Twin, what do I do for a Queen size mattress?
Reply #4 Apr 3, 2008 3:13 PM
BeddyBye,

I plan on buying two from JCPenneys and cutting off the extra to fit our queen mattress.  Do you think that will work?  I just google the name of Dream Coil Topper and it brought up Amazon's website so I just looked at it there and was wondering if it was similar to JCPenny's. 

Thanks

Emi 

Reply #5 Apr 3, 2008 5:15 PM
I also bought one of the Dream Coil toppers at the same time as BeddyBye, in Queen size. It is Omalon foam and NOT memory foam. Mine is pink.

Looks like they are still available in XL twin at the link Philly888 gave. It's a great price, and if you buy two and cut them down, under your mattress pad and sheets I seriously doubt you would feel the join.
Reply #6 Apr 3, 2008 6:12 PM
Anyone have the measurements of the Twin XL ?
Reply #7 Apr 3, 2008 7:07 PM
The JCPenney  site says the twin xl size is 34 x 76.

Emi

Reply #8 Apr 4, 2008 12:36 AM
I was just going to suggest doing something like this if you had a larger mattress. If you get the Ultimate CuddleBed Plus from Costco, you can put this right over the Dream Coil toppers and "tuck it all in". Heavenly. Or should that be DREAMY! :) Good luck.

EmiJ wrote:
BeddyBye,</p><p>I plan on buying two from JCPenneys and cutting off the extra to fit our queen mattress.  Do you think that will work?  I just google the name of Dream Coil Topper and it brought up Amazon's website so I just looked at it there and was wondering if it was similar to JCPenny's. </p><p>Thanks</p><p>Emi 
Reply #9 Apr 4, 2008 12:39 AM
I notice you said yours was PINK.. All three of mine are a cream color, similar to the photo on JC Penneys website. Theirs looks a bit whiter, but that could just be the lighting or my computer. I wonder why yours is pink. Maybe they've made it on both colors. I wonder if Carpenter can answer that.

kimmcgov wrote:
I also bought one of the Dream Coil toppers at the same time as BeddyBye, in Queen size. It is Omalon foam and NOT memory foam. Mine is pink.

Looks like they are still available in XL twin at the link Philly888 gave. It's a great price, and if you buy two and cut them down, under your mattress pad and sheets I seriously doubt you would feel the join.
This message was modified Apr 4, 2008 by BeddyBye
Reply #10 Apr 4, 2008 1:26 AM
BeddyBye wrote:
I notice you said yours was PINK.. All three of mine are a cream color, similar to the photo on JC Penneys website. Theirs looks a bit whiter, but that could just be the lighting or my computer. I wonder why yours is pink. Maybe they've made it on both colors. I wonder if Carpenter can answer that.

Right -- it's pink. Weird, huh? It otherwise looks the same with the different squiggly/swirly panels.

I guess I could ask Carpenter about it (why pink?) and ask them at the same time why they are discontinuing the toppers. If indeed they ARE being discontinued. Could just be that Penney's are no longer carrying them. It might be worth it for Emi or anyone else thinking about this topper to contact Carpenter and see if there's anywhere else they can be purchased. They do still feature the Dream Coil on their web site (see link below), so maybe it is still available somewhere...

http://www.carpenter.com/divisions/consumer-products/foamPillows.php

Recent Posts