Please help with topper , wool or foam?
Dec 22, 2010 9:11 AM
Hi,

I have a 4 inch memory foam that I got at overstock about 8 years ago, it has I believe, broken down. It rips easy now and there is a big depression in the center where I sleep that no longer will recover. My lower back is complaining again and I am no longer getting a good sleep. I also have a bad rotator cuff from a recent accident that hurts more if I sleep without the memory foam. I have a gold bond extra firm mattress as a base for the topper that is less than a year old.

I have been looking at the following products:

Aerus Natural 4.0 lb. Plush 2.5” Memory Foam 2.5 inch I saw at samsclub

a wool topper that has 8.33 lbs of wool  from naturaworld

also debating a latex topper.

I was looking at the wool topper as I perspire alot at night, maybe due to the heat of the memory foam or just the fact that I perspire more normally than normal. I hear the wool is very good at wicking and keeping heat at reasonable levels in both winter and summer.

I was not sure if the wool topper alone would give me the needed pressure point relief that the memory foam does. I also think the foam I am currently using  is not dense enough; I think it is 2 lb.

Reading some of this forum the aerus sounds pretty good without too much off gassing... I am not sure if my allergies are affected by the current topper or not but they may be worse with it .. so I was thinking along the lines of a better setup with less fumes. I know samsclub has the aerus and if I went with that would I need to double it up for 4+ inches ( put two of the 2.5 together?)

Would I be better off with something like a thinner wool pad and the foam?

i know this is highly subjective but would the 4 pound aerus and a wool topper give me a fairly firm feel but soft enough to relieve pressure? I am a side and stomach sleeper so I can never get perfect, I just want some setup that is softer than the extra firm base and not as soft as the 2 lb foam with some breathability.

I haven't looked into latex toppers yet, the aerus seems to be within my budget though and it claims to be free from off gassing? I have no clue here.

Thank you, Bob

This message was modified Dec 22, 2010 by BobKat
Re: Please help with topper , wool or foam?
Reply #24 Feb 11, 2011 2:03 PM
The topper came. I ordered a 3 inch but they shipped me 2 inch lol so now I have to wait another week. They shipped the wrong  topper. They are sending a return label and the 3 inch on Monday.

I was so excited to get it too but mistakes happen and as long as they are made right it's all good.

This message was modified Feb 11, 2011 by BobKat

Recent Posts