Just Ordered Sleepez 13,000
May 13, 2010 1:17 AM
I've been researching and reading posts on this forum for the past 2 months and finally decided to try the king size Sleepez 13,000 latex bed.  I kept comparing this bed to the beds offered by Flobeds but decided to go with Sleepez due to the price difference, no sales tax and no shipping fees.  I also took PLamarine's advice and ordered the organic cover for an extra $50.00.  I'm 5'8", 210lbs and ordered the XF,XF,F, Med for my side.  I told Shawn that I am a side/stomach sleeper and prefer a firm bed.  Hopefully this is not too firm but just right.  For my girlfriend's side, I ordered XF, F, Med, Soft as she is 5'5", 150lbs and is a side/back sleeper.  I also ordered the foundation for this bed.  I finally pulled the trigger and ordered this bed today because I was checking out the metal support frame under my current Serta bed when I noticed that one of the wooden support slats underneath the box spring on my side is cracked.  Hopefully the new bed comes soon and solves all my sleep discomforts.  I'm so excited and can't wait to get this bed.
This message was modified May 13, 2010 by sidesleepin
Re: Just Ordered Sleepez 13,000
Reply #8 May 13, 2010 7:13 PM
Thanks for that reply Mark, exactly what we need to know when making these purchases.  I for one would not like the feeling of bottoming out.
Reply #9 May 13, 2010 8:40 PM
One reason that I ordered the 13000 model instead of the 10000 model was because I wanted an extra layer to be able to play with when it comes to adjusting firmness.  My thinking was that the extra layer would allow me more adjustability in the long run so I asked Shawn.  Shawn told me that I would only need the 10000 model but agreed that having the extra layer would provide me with more firmness options.  The second reason that I chose the 13000 model is because I wanted the overall height of the new bed to match the height of my bedroom furniture as well as the head/foot rails on my bed frame.  By going with the 13" mattress along with the 8" foundation, this bed should be just as high as my current bed so it should all fit well. 
Reply #10 May 14, 2010 12:44 AM
Congratulations, and it shouldn't doesn't hurt to go with the 13" mattress.  Besides most sheets today are for that size anyway.

Keep us posted on what works for you, and it is good to have all those layers to move around as you might need to.

Reply #11 May 20, 2010 8:04 PM
OK, I got my Sleepez 13000 mattress yesterday and spent about 3 hours removing my old Serta king size bed from the room, assembling the slatted foundation and finally putting the mattress together.  The wooden foundation came with all of the hardware including a nice ratcheted wrench to use to assemble the nuts and bolts.  As for the wooden foundation, it was really easy to assemble but did take some time and it did not seem to be EXTREMELY sturdy but should do the job.  Afterall, it is sitting on top of a sturdy metal frame with center supports and 6 legs so it should be fine.  Next, came lugging the heavy boxes containing 2 belended tallalay foam layers/box up to the second floor bedroom.  My least favorite job was opening the boxes, which were well packed and stapled together, and removing the dual layers of latex from the boxes.  Both of these layers were vacuum sealed in a black plastic bag, taped and stuffed inside another clear plastic bag.  Unpacking these boxes took some time and there was a lot of tape however, this goes to show how good of a job the company does packing their products.  Upon opening up the packages, the latex layers all appeared to be in excellent condition and of course, they gave off a latex smell once removed from the vacuum sealed bags.  Placing the organic mattress cover on the foundation and lining it up did not pose much of a problem since I rolled the corners down over the foundation to keep it in place once it was lined up correctly.  Next, I began placing the layers (8 total) inside the mattress cover before finally zipping it up with the nice organic cover (extra $50.00).  At first, I was worried that trying to zip the cover on would be a problem since the latex layers seemed to stack up higher than the zipper line however, it was no problem at all.  Tadaaa!  There it was, a regular looking mattress with a nice looking cover to go with it.  

First Night's Sleep:  As mentioned in cynicaljones' post regarding the Sleepez 10000, I did not feel as though I got a good night sleep even though I really liked how the mattress felt firmness wise.  I have XF/XF/F/M and when I layed on it, it felt good since I like a firm mattress.  My girlfriend's side is XF/F/M/S and I tried her side and felt that it was way to soft for me however, she loved it.  She had a great night's sleep on the new mattress and does not want to change anything at this point.  As far as my side goes, it just might be that I need some time adjusting from the old broken down Serta to the new mattress.  As I stated, I am a side/stomach sleeper and I used to toss and turn all night on the old mattress.  Even though I do not feel like I got a good night's sleep and I woke up a little sore this morning, I felt as though I tossed and turned less last night than I usually do.  I typically have lower back pain on a daily basis so my aches and pains this morning were nothing new to me.  Hopefully, a few more nights on this mattress will allow my body to get adjusted so that I can wake up feeling as good as my girlfriend did this morning.  Unfortunately, since she absolutely loves the feel of her side, she doesn't want me to take one of her softer layers from her side to try on my side.  If things don't improve for me, I might just have to do the old switcheru one day when she's not home and hope she doesn't notice :)  That way I can try to decide if I have to return one of my layers and what firmness I should replace it with.  Oh, by the way, my mattress cover also looks like cynicaljones' cover and not like PLamarine's.  Don't know why?

This message was modified May 20, 2010 by sidesleepin
Reply #12 May 23, 2010 12:59 PM
After 3 nights of sleeping on the XF/XF/F/M, I was still tossing and turning and felt that it might have been a bit too firm.  On her side, she liked the XF/F/M/S for the first night but woke up with some back pains yesterday morning so I used this opportunity to change out some layers.  I took her medium giving me XF/XF/M/M and gave her my firm layer giving her XF/F/F/S.  I slept well last night with this setup as it just softened my side enough while still leaving a firmer feel.  Her side did not work out as well and she thinks that she wants to go even softer than her first setup of XF/F/M/S.  I don't know what we will do yet but so far, I'm liking the 2 Med layers since I slept good and woke up without any back/shoulder pains.  Problem is, she wants her Med layer back now.  :(
Reply #13 May 23, 2010 1:15 PM
Why don't you find out how quickly Sleepez can send out a M layer?  That way, she could try out XF/M/M/S or F/M/M/S.  I would worry if she tried 2 S on top she would get into lower back pain territory.
Reply #14 May 23, 2010 8:27 PM
Thanks Diane.  I just called Shawn and explained the situation to him.  He then recommended sending me another M and S layer to try out.  He told me to keep the layers that I currently have for a few weeks and to use them to mix and match until we find what works best.  Once we do, we can just ship back the two layers that we don't want.  Shawn has been great to deal with so far and has been very helpful.
Reply #15 May 23, 2010 9:18 PM
Yes, one can't really complain about the service from either Shawn at Sleepez or Dave/Dewey at Flobeds!  Good luck.
Reply #16 Jun 1, 2010 11:16 PM
Just got the new S and M layers in today.  I set her side to F/M/S/S and she immediately thought it felt better.  We'll see after she sleeps on it tonight.  She likes the soft pillow top feel of inner spring mattresses so it might be just a matter of getting used to the new latex feel.  For my side, I had been sleeping on XF/XF/M/M which was good for my lower back however, I was experiencing some shoulder pain and didn't feel like my shoulders were able to sink in enough.  Using the new layers, I switched it to XF/F/M/M in order to see if this helps at all.  Just hope it's firm enough that I won't start getting my lower back pain back again.
Reply #17 Jun 22, 2010 12:03 AM
UPDATE

So far, I like this bed and it has greatly reduced my normal, every day body aches that I used to experience after waking up on my old Serta.  Right now, I have my side set to XF/F/M/M and her side is at F/M/S/S.  She likes this the best but I'm not sure about my side yet.  I've tried XF/F/M/S and XF/F/S/M by using one of her S layers but it made her side too firm for her using one of my M layers in place of one of her S layers.  Using XF/F/M/S was a bit too soft for me so I tried XF/F/S/M and it felt better.  The problem is, my lower back really likes XF/F/M/M but my shoulders felt better with XF/F/S/M.  Am I even supposed to put a S layer under a M layer?  Any suggestions on this?  Does anyone know if they make/can make a dual firmness layer for the upper/lower body?  I've already used my one free layer exchange and don't know yet if Shawn will even let me try another S layer.  I suppose I will have to call soon but I want to make sure that I know what firmness layer I want before I ask for it.  It's tough because when I try to use one of her S layers to compare, she is not comfortable so I have to give her S layer back which does not give me much time to really decide.

Recent Posts