Latex Help - absolutecomfortonsale
Mar 21, 2008 12:36 PM
I searched, and found there was one topic about this company, and their latex they sell, and the other thread doesn't have a "final ending" to it.

Here's a link to the website/company:

http://www.absolutecomfortonsale.com/latexfoam.htm

So, I did lots of homework before buying latex, and I have a good general idea about latex beds. I spent numerous hours in retail stores getting the feel for latex, knowing I am going to purchase online anyways, yet I failed, miserably, at fully comprehending what their (above) site said/offered. So after lots of online store price comparing, I decided to go with "absolutecomfortonsale", and I fell into the trap of "natural" latex, and I assumed that it was going to be premium quality latex, not a blend of Dunlop/Talalay or mixed with petroleum, because it says it does not contain synthetics. Upon further research from this message board, that might not be the case to this company. Well, my order has been shipped, despite me leaving a message the next day to cancel my order, as I wanted to do a little bit more comparison shopping. If I refuse the shipment, then they will charge me for shipping, so I might as well just keep it, and at least try it out, before sending it back for a refund.

This is why I assumed what I was ordering to be premium quality latex:

Made from 100% pure Natural White Latex...

Made of pure "green" (natural) latex...

...as they do not contain synthetic additives...

What I failed to read:

Even the popular Talalay Latex has a small percentage of synthetic latex to give manufacturers greater control over the feel of the finished product...

Which should mean it is NOT Talalay processed latex, and some other way processed. Dunlop or...??

I called them, and asked about the latex, the process(es) involved, what makes it "green", etc. only to confuse the poor "sales" lady. HOWEVER, she did mention that a chemical is used in the process that "evaporates", leaving behind a "natural" finished product. (whatever that means) She told me a gentlemen with better knowledge of the latex they sell will be in tomorrow, so I will be calling tomorrow to hopefully, get a better idea about this latex.

Sooo... I am asking for some more help.

What else should I know about the different processes involved, and ultimately, what should I ask/know to determine what type/kind of latex I actually ordered. Any pointers, suggestions, comments etc. are ALL welcome.

Thanks for your time,

-Nick

This message was modified Mar 21, 2008 by nlange21
Re: Latex Help - absolutecomfortonsale
Reply #9 Mar 24, 2008 3:48 AM
And, they call it Talatech. Actually it holds up very well.

susan wrote:
<div>If you're talking about the Talalay processed latex. There are two types. There is the 100% natural Talalay that is all latex from the rubber tree with no synthetic materials added. Then there is the blended Talalay, that is a blend of natural latex and synthetic latex. The blended is something like 60% synthetic and 40% natural.</div>
Reply #10 Mar 24, 2008 7:43 AM
"Talatech" is Latex International's trademarked name for all it's talalay, whether 30/70 or 100% natural.
Reply #11 Mar 24, 2008 10:20 AM
Thanks for your replies.

Only 1 more night on my "bad" mattress.. I can't wait for my 4" latex topper to arrive. And yes, I will be ordering another 4" piece, either in the ILD I currently have, or a much firmer ILD for base support. However I didn't want to order two pieces if I didn't like the first.

I'll post back, and if possible change the thread title to something a little more appropriate.

-Nick
Reply #12 Mar 24, 2008 11:32 PM
Exactly. It's what I have.

mccldwll wrote:
&quot;Talatech&quot; is Latex International's trademarked name for all it's talalay, whether 30/70 or 100% natural.
Reply #13 Mar 29, 2008 11:46 AM
The mattress topper was supposed to be delivered Tuesday, however it was rescheduled for delivery on Wednesday. I have had a few nights sleep on the 4" natural latex topper, and I can say the quality is exceptional, customer service is polite, however not very educated, and the owner, who I spoke with is a very nice guy. I am struggling with severe back problems. My back is built like a 12 year old's, I have a bulging disk, and two pinched nerves. The back pain was so severe I couldn't hold a job, nor get through the day with daily activities. I will update my thoughts and opinions in a few weeks.

-Nick
Reply #14 Apr 8, 2008 12:16 AM
Nick, Any updates on your 4" natural latex topper?  Hoping your back still likes it.
Reply #15 Apr 15, 2008 2:02 PM
Lynn2006 wrote:
Nick, Any updates on your 4&quot; natural latex topper?  Hoping your back still likes it.

Lynn, the natural latex is holding up very well. I am a candidate for back surgery, but the risks involved in proceeding, outweigh the pro's. Nonetheless, I am falling asleep quicker, and waking more refreshed and energized, because of the latex. I cannot wait for my next order of 4" of 'Firm' latex, so I can toss my old spring mattress out.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase with absolutecomfortonsale, and would recommend them.

After my second purchase with absolutecomfortonsale, I plan on getting one of these bed frames.

http://www.naturabeds.com/Tecno-Confort-Euro-Slat-Bed_p_38-836.html

-Nick
Reply #16 Apr 16, 2008 1:40 PM
Nick, I am happy that the latex is holding up well and helping you get comfortable since I am also now a candidate for back surgery since my car accident but it is risky so I am still not sure and my latex bed has been a big help in having me tweak it to accomodate my new back issues to make me comfortable. I love concept and the look of the EuroSlat Bed you sent the link on. It sure looks like a wonderful foundation for your latex cores.  Please keep us updated.  Thanks for the current update.
Reply #17 Apr 16, 2008 1:52 PM
Thanks for being interested Lynn.

I am still young, just 21, so I don't need a real fancy bed frame, and I'm going more for functionality, the looks. It's obvious it's a simple design, but it's the "floating" slats, I'm most interested in. I need a foundation anyways, and I am hoping this will add a little bit more comfort, while serving it's purpose.

-Nick
Reply #18 Apr 16, 2008 11:44 PM
Nick, my foundation is a simple pine slat foundation with 10" plastic sturdy legs with flat bottoms. I make it pretty with an eyelet bedskirt and headboard attachments that FloBed shipped me to attach a pretty iron headboard. Hence, if this foundation that looks great in the link works for you, you can always add headboard attachments to add a headboard that you like that is not too heavy.  Since you are still young, maybe your back will give you less pain with the right supportive and comfortable bed.  Please keep us updted.

Recent Posts