Latex Help - absolutecomfortonsale
Mar 21, 2008 12:36 PM
I searched, and found there was one topic about this company, and their latex they sell, and the other thread doesn't have a "final ending" to it.

Here's a link to the website/company:

http://www.absolutecomfortonsale.com/latexfoam.htm

So, I did lots of homework before buying latex, and I have a good general idea about latex beds. I spent numerous hours in retail stores getting the feel for latex, knowing I am going to purchase online anyways, yet I failed, miserably, at fully comprehending what their (above) site said/offered. So after lots of online store price comparing, I decided to go with "absolutecomfortonsale", and I fell into the trap of "natural" latex, and I assumed that it was going to be premium quality latex, not a blend of Dunlop/Talalay or mixed with petroleum, because it says it does not contain synthetics. Upon further research from this message board, that might not be the case to this company. Well, my order has been shipped, despite me leaving a message the next day to cancel my order, as I wanted to do a little bit more comparison shopping. If I refuse the shipment, then they will charge me for shipping, so I might as well just keep it, and at least try it out, before sending it back for a refund.

This is why I assumed what I was ordering to be premium quality latex:

Made from 100% pure Natural White Latex...

Made of pure "green" (natural) latex...

...as they do not contain synthetic additives...

What I failed to read:

Even the popular Talalay Latex has a small percentage of synthetic latex to give manufacturers greater control over the feel of the finished product...

Which should mean it is NOT Talalay processed latex, and some other way processed. Dunlop or...??

I called them, and asked about the latex, the process(es) involved, what makes it "green", etc. only to confuse the poor "sales" lady. HOWEVER, she did mention that a chemical is used in the process that "evaporates", leaving behind a "natural" finished product. (whatever that means) She told me a gentlemen with better knowledge of the latex they sell will be in tomorrow, so I will be calling tomorrow to hopefully, get a better idea about this latex.

Sooo... I am asking for some more help.

What else should I know about the different processes involved, and ultimately, what should I ask/know to determine what type/kind of latex I actually ordered. Any pointers, suggestions, comments etc. are ALL welcome.

Thanks for your time,

-Nick

This message was modified Mar 21, 2008 by nlange21

Recent Posts