Have you tried the Dream Coil topper yet?
Feb 29, 2008 12:26 AM
I can't remember who ordered the Carpenter Dream Coil PU topper from Penneys besides me. I'm wondering if you had a chance to try it out. If so, how did you like it...or not? Mine is still in the package. I just haven't felt like adding another topper to my mattress right now. It's been feeling too good to mess with it! :) But, I don't think I'll take it back. If I don't end up using it on top of our bed, I can either cut it and use it inside, or maybe as a camping pad. I think my back will respond better to a PU foam topper vs. memory foam or latex.
Re: Have you tried the Dream Coil topper yet?
Reply #29 Mar 7, 2008 8:54 PM
Before I had my FloBed with the 10" legs that is now just the right height for me, I had returned the Rockaway Bed that besides being very allergic to it, I found it way too soft (Simmns Rooosevelt Luxury Firm with a suede top over polyurethane/man made latex) and it was way too high for me and I hated having to jump to get on and off of it.  I love how I can put my shoes on at the end of my bed since it is low enough but looks tall enough to be grown-up looking with my Wesley Allen headboard.  Being that I am not quite 5 feet, the Simmons bed was just way too high up that I felt scared I would fall off of it. I also found I disliked having a metal frame with wheels since I had a platform bed for 14 years. That is another reason I love the stable secure legs of my FloBed that is attached to the Slatbox.  I just wish I got the Cottage White or the Antique Ivory color rather than the Rustic Ivory Color on my Maywood Headboard.
Reply #30 Mar 13, 2008 1:32 AM
I just can't stop raving about this Dream Coil topper! It really is true that it keeps its shape. No body impressions at all. I'm not sure if it's the combination of this topper and the CuddleBed or WHAT, but it sure suits my body! I just got the two XL Twin Dream Coil pad, as well. For now I'm storing them under the bed in the guestroom still in their packages. Maybe of one these days I'll try one inside my mattress just for the fun of it.

I highly recommend this! I know I have to stop gushing, but I just can't help myself. :)

Thanks for listening!
This message was modified Mar 13, 2008 by BeddyBye
Reply #31 Mar 31, 2008 11:58 PM
BeddyBye wrote:
I just can't stop raving about this Dream Coil topper! It really is true that it keeps its shape. No body impressions at all. I'm not sure if it's the combination of this topper and the CuddleBed or WHAT, but it sure suits my body! I just got the two XL Twin Dream Coil pad, as well. For now I'm storing them under the bed in the guestroom still in their packages. Maybe of one these days I'll try one inside my mattress just for the fun of it.

I highly recommend this! I know I have to stop gushing, but I just can't help myself. :)

Thanks for listening!

Reading this thread, I see that JC Penney still offers just the Twin XL for the Dream Coil, at a very reasonable $27. Probably because it's a closeout.

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?ItemID=1490455&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=STY&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy

JC Penney also offers something called "Peaceful Dreams Foam Mattress Pad" that I haven't seen mentioned here. It looks very similar to the Dream Coil, but is 2" thick and has a density of 1.2 lb versus 1.5"/ 2.2 lb density for the Dream Coil. It costs more, though, e.g., $70 for Queen size and $75 for King. But at least they have several different sizes. Although it's by Carpenter and looks just like the Dream Coil, there's no mention that it's "Omalon". It might be that it's "Viscolux" instead of Omalon. Anyway, I thought it was worth pointing out. I'd be tempted to order one, but I've already ordered a Brylane latex topper to hold me over until I get a new mattress for myself (my posts have been mostly about shopping for a mattress for my mother).  Still, I think this product from the maker of the Dream Coil is worth bringing up in this thread.

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?DeptID=30743&CatID=30743&Grptyp=STY&ItemId=13d4a1e&siteID=210021988

http://shopping.msn.com/results/mattress-pads/bcatid4945/carpenter/2-4547941/forsale?text=category:mattress-pads+Brand:Carpenter

Some reviews at: http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_72673_peaceful_dreams_7_zone_visco_mattress_reviews

Philly888

This message was modified Apr 1, 2008 by Philly888
Reply #32 Apr 1, 2008 1:42 AM
The Peaceful Dreams Foam Mattress Pad only has a 3 year waranty compared to the Lifetime warranty on the Dream Coil. And, the density definitely makes it not as apt to hold its shape after awhile. It doesn't mention being Visco. Probably just another type of PU foam. It does look a lot like the Dream Coil though.

Philly888 wrote:
Reading this thread, I see that JC Penney still offers just the Twin XL for the Dream Coil, at a very reasonable $27. Probably because it's a closeout.</p><p>http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?ItemID=1490455&amp;ItemTyp=G&amp;GrpTyp=STY&amp;ShowMenu=T&amp;ShopBy</p><p>JC Penney also offers something called &quot;Peaceful Dreams Foam Mattress Pad&quot; that I haven't seen mentioned here. It looks very similar to the Dream Coil, but is 2&quot; thick and has a density of 1.2 lb versus 1.5&quot;/ 2.2 lb density for the Dream Coil. It costs more, though, e.g., $70 for Queen size and $75 for King. But at least they have several different sizes. Although it's by Carpenter and looks just like the Dream Coil, there's no mention that it's &quot;Omalon&quot;. It might be that it's &quot;Viscolux&quot; instead of Omalon. Anyway, I thought it was worth pointing out. I'd be tempted to order one, but I've already ordered a Brylane latex topper to hold me over until I get a new mattress for myself (my posts have been mostly about shopping for a mattress for my mother).  Still, I think this product from the maker of the Dream Coil is worth bringing up in this thread.</p><p>http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?DeptID=30743&amp;CatID=30743&amp;Grptyp=STY&amp;ItemId=13d4a1e&amp;siteID=210021988</p><p>http://shopping.msn.com/results/mattress-pads/bcatid4945/carpenter/2-4547941/forsale?text=category:mattress-pads+Brand:Carpenter</p><p>Some reviews at: http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_72673_peaceful_dreams_7_zone_visco_mattress_reviews</p><p>Philly888</p><p> 
Reply #33 Apr 1, 2008 9:41 AM
BeddyBye wrote:
The Peaceful Dreams Foam Mattress Pad only has a 3 year waranty compared to the Lifetime warranty on the Dream Coil. And, the density definitely makes it not as apt to hold its shape after awhile. It doesn't mention being Visco. Probably just another type of PU foam. It does look a lot like the Dream Coil though.

I concluded that the Peaceful Dreams mattress pad was probably "Viscolux" after visiting Carpenter's website and the user review URL. Carpenter lists Viscolux as one of their trademark products and the review URL uses the word "Visco". The question is whether these two Carpenter products which *look* identical but are made of different types of PU foam are equally good. Too bad that they've apparently discontinued the lifetime warranty Dream Coil in favor of something that has only a 3 year warranty. You were smart to stock up on the Dream Coil.

http://www.carpenter.com/divisions/bedding/

http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_72673_peaceful_dreams_7_zone_visco_mattress_reviews

Philly888

Reply #34 Apr 1, 2008 9:49 AM
Thank you BeddyBye and Philly888 for bringing this up again. I had searched last week for the Dream Coil and it was off the Penneys website and then I did a google search and it was nowhere to be found. I then called Carpenter who said they are no longer making it! I was so disappointed because it seemed like the perfect topper to give a little extra support to my back and I didn't want memory foam.

Today I went to the site you all posted and to my surprise it is still there! Don't know why it's not on the regular JC Penney bedding page but I'm delighted to be able to order 2 extra long twins for my king bed. I can't wait to try them. I'll post a review after I get to sleep on them a few nights.

Sabra

Reply #35 Apr 1, 2008 9:59 AM
Sabra wrote:
Thank you BeddyBye and Philly888 for bringing this up again. I had searched last week for the Dream Coil and it was off the Penneys website and then I did a google search and it was nowhere to be found. I then called Carpenter who said they are no longer making it! I was so disappointed because it seemed like the perfect topper to give a little extra support to my back and I didn't want memory foam.

Today I went to the site you all posted and to my surprise it is still there! Don't know why it's not on the regular JC Penney bedding page but I'm delighted to be able to order 2 extra long twins for my king bed. I can't wait to try them. I'll post a review after I get to sleep on them a few nights.

Sabra

With JC Penney it usually pays to do a Google search on ... JC Penney coupon ... or something similar. You might be able to get a discount. If you've already ordered you can call customer service and get it applied (test a code out first on a new shopping cart).  It looks like MARSURVY is a good code - 15% off. BLOOMS gives 20% off on some other bedding items. BTW, the Dream Coil was one of a number of sleep products recommended by Sleep doctor Michael Breus on the Today Show's webite:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21837885/page/2/

Philly888

This message was modified Apr 1, 2008 by Philly888
Reply #36 Apr 1, 2008 12:42 PM
Beddybye,

Did your Dream Coil topper actually go to the edges of your mattress or was it shorter on the sides and bottom like many that are on the market?

Sabra

Reply #37 Apr 2, 2008 2:51 AM
So you ordered them! I'm glad you were persistent!

Some people might not like the feel of the Dream Coil. I just happen to like that it keeps it's shape, but for some, it might be too firm compared to something like a soft latex or memory foam. Or even a cheaper PU foam. I just know that it works for me, so far! But, it also might depend on what you have UNDER it. Or in my case, OVER it (the CuddleBed Ultimate.)

I'll be anxious to see how it goes for you, Sabra.

Sabra wrote:
Thank you BeddyBye and Philly888 for bringing this up again. I had searched last week for the Dream Coil and it was off the Penneys website and then I did a google search and it was nowhere to be found. I then called Carpenter who said they are no longer making it! I was so disappointed because it seemed like the perfect topper to give a little extra support to my back and I didn't want memory foam. </p><p>Today I went to the site you all posted and to my surprise it is still there! Don't know why it's not on the regular JC Penney bedding page but I'm delighted to be able to order 2 extra long twins for my king bed. I can't wait to try them. I'll post a review after I get to sleep on them a few nights.</p><p>Sabra
Reply #38 Apr 2, 2008 2:55 AM
I notice it's a wee bit smaller than the mattress, but not by much. Of course, my latex layers cover everything from end to end and side to side. But the Dream Coil certainly is very close!

Sabra wrote:
Beddybye,</p><p>Did your Dream Coil topper actually go to the edges of your mattress or was it shorter on the sides and bottom like many that are on the market?</p><p>Sabra

Recent Posts