The Dr. Breus Bed (Talalay Latex)
Oct 25, 2010 11:51 PM
Hello all, still on my hunt for a good bed.  My wife and I were originally looking at a Kingsdown Sleep to Live 800 Series (red/blue), but after reading some reviews we were a little skid dish and decided to look at a latex bed.  Now I know there are a lot of on-line companies like Sleepez and FloBeds, but buying a bed untested from an online retailer just is a little too inconvenient as we have to deal with shipping cost if we get the firmness wrong.  So we went back to my local Sleepy’s to look at what they have to offer for latex beds.  Turns our they just received the new line of Dr. Breus latex beds that same day which are made by IBC.  We tried all five models and narrowed it down to two.  As this is a brand new line of beds it is hard for me to find on-line detailed specs.  I know the salesperson tells me the bed is entirely Talalay latex, but I would like to confirm that from another source.  Does anyone have anything they can share on me these beds?  Or if there are any other recommendations of other beds we should look at?  Thanks all.

Dan

Re: The Dr. Breus Bed (Talalay Latex)
Reply #82 Aug 14, 2011 3:32 PM
Folks

It's been a little over a month on the new Dr Breus mattress. I feel we've gotten the bed broken in and are not having any problems. We've tried the 3" memory foam topper for a while. It was OK but because we are hot sleepers it's not working well at least for the summer time. Texas has been extremely hot and summer seems like it will never end. So we went back to the mattress only sans memory topper. No problems to report. The mattress is a little less firm is all that I've noticed. I spend a lot of time on the mattress because of my back condition and find it comfortable to lie down and unload my back.

So that's all for now. Hope this helps someone with their buying decision.smiley

Reply #83 Sep 21, 2011 8:43 PM
Hi,

It's been a while and today I had my TempurPedic Rhapsody bed replaced due to saging and getting very soft (over the past 2-2 1/2months), to the point of back pain every morning while laying on my back, if I slept on my side I would be fine, and I purchased a 4" seta 2" memory foam and 2" topper to keep the heat down and the bed from getting softer and it did help.

Tempurpedic warrenty replaced the Rhapsody (has 57% Visco Elastic Polyurethane foam, and 43% Polyurethane Foam)  for any bed of theirs but the grand and I went with the BellaFina ( this bed actually has 41% Latex, 35% Visco Elastic Polyurethane foam, and 24% Polyurethane Foam, I did not even know this until I read the tag today), for no cost to me (the BellaFina is $300 cheaper).  Took only 1 1/2 weeks total time,with new boxspings  also. 

Hopefully this bed will last, the Rhapsody was great for the first few months then slowly decline and sags.

best of luck 

Reply #84 Sep 21, 2011 9:38 PM
Is that really true? That there is latex in the Bella Fina?? I had NO idea!

Does the foam bounce back faster than other Tempurpedic memory foam beds? Does it feel a little bit springier?

Reply #85 Sep 27, 2011 6:13 AM
Dallasgirl wrote:

Is that really true? That there is latex in the Bella Fina?? I had NO idea!

Does the foam bounce back faster than other Tempurpedic memory foam beds? Does it feel a little bit springier?

Hi sorry for the late responce, working way too much.

I am going to try to post the label picture tonight for you all.

I had no Idea it had latex in this one or any until I read my label, I do not think any other has latex, I have been going into various stores to see and can not find any other tempur that has latex.

Yes it does spring back quick, I have also found my mattress topper slowing the spring back and I have pulled it and tempur is sending me one for free, first one was from sleepys.  

It has been warm here ~72-80 and this mattress is holing great so far. I have not had it for months but I will get into findings  more latter when I can figure out how to post pictures tonight.

best of luck

Don

This message was modified Sep 27, 2011 by dfran1
Reply #86 Sep 27, 2011 8:44 AM
Thanks so much Don! I did some calling around this weekend and it's indeed latex- 2" of latex under ~2.8" of memory foam on the Bella Fina. So interesting!

I can't wait to hear how it's going for you over time!!!

Reply #87 Sep 27, 2011 9:37 PM
bella fina label

Here is the label of the bella Fina

This message was modified Sep 27, 2011 by dfran1
Re: Comforpedic
Reply #88 Oct 13, 2011 11:12 AM
We bought an all latex king bed a few months ago but I'm experiencing

low back pain and pressure point pain (a side sleeper).  We're considering returning this mattress

and purchasing a Simmons Comforpedic.  My big concern is the health risk of sleeping on memory

foam rather than a more natural latex.  Does anyone have any experience with the Comforpedic mattress?

We're considering purchasing this from Sleepy's.  Thanks for any feedback....

Reply #89 Oct 14, 2011 10:09 AM
Hi,

I have moved the bella fina to a spare room (I know lots of money tied up) due to waking up with back pain every morning!!!!  We went to cardies furniture and compared the adjustable bases (my cousin has one and told me to buy one for my problem) so it was $3000 for the tempur wireless base or just under $2700 (both with tax and the $2700 includded matress protectoes with breathable sides) for a cardies one with 8" foam mattress's (2 twin extra long to make a king).

All I can say is since last saturday night both my wife and I have not woke up with back pain 0 ZERO pain in the morning!!!!!!

The one we purchased was the wireless remote with vibration (you can save a little and buy the wire version but I like the massage feature).  It is made by the same company that makes the tempur just with a different control unit and repair on it is simple and reasonable I called and asked how huch replacement parts are and they range from ~$80-$280 the most (yes they come with a warranty, 3 years parts, they ship you the part and you send the old one back pre paid by them and 1 year labor if you need someone to do it for you).  I wanted to know cause everything in my house is breaking this year.

I should have just went there in the firest place, Heaven!!!  Lots cheaper than a tempur and this 8" is very firm (my wife does not like firm but she loves this one!!)

So all I can say is buy firm and no tempur is firmer than the one I purchased I tried tempurs firmest and there is no support firm like the one I received, but in fairness to tempur I tried the raspody (that I originally purched and formed creators most likely due to the wrong mattress protector  supplied by sleepies sales person) with the adjustable base and it was night and day also!

So I personally think that people sould be buying the adjustable bases with any non spring mattress or it will be hit and miss with more miss, shop around and find the best deal on an adjustable base with mattress (the mattreses cost only $50 each with the adjustable base, and  around $600 a piece without so it was a no brainer if we did not like it we can just put the bella fina on instead).

I wil most likely cut the bella fina in half when these cheap ones go (yes you can cut the foam, search for it, it will void warrenty but I have way too much tied up into beds)

I weigh 195 so we need firm, if you weigh 120 then you may need softer or maybe not.

My findings are to buy firmer than you think and do not judge in the winter (they are firmer then) and get an adjustable base (this has made the difference), I think almost any foam or latex will be good on an adjustable base, and you can buy cheap firm foam and save lots of $$$$$

best of luck

any question just ask and I will keep you all updated

Reply #90 Nov 2, 2011 10:54 AM
Hi, 

Update to my last post .

I cut the bellafina in half this past Saturday (very easy, I purchased a electric kitchen knife)  and moved it onto the adjustable bases, we slept on it Saturday night and when I woke up I moved the $50 firm mattresses back and put the tempur-pedic bella fina back in the spare room where it will stay for the rest of our lives as we both can not sleep on any tempur, there is NO SUPPORT IN TEMPUR PEDIC MATTRESSES (I tried them at the cardies store, they did not have all but they had the firmest ones at the least and they were still no support and not as firm as what I purchased, cardies one for $50 with adjustable base)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I woke up Sunday morning with the bella fina there was discomfort in my back, even with the adjustable base (not pain at least, but discomfort that may have tuned into pain sleeping on it night after night)

The funny thing is my wife likes soft (or so she thinks) and prefers the cheap firm foam we purchased from cardies furniture as do I.  I do not know who out there actually really truly likes tempur or now thinks they like it if they did not sleep on a ceap firm foam like my wife and I are doing now, also that she thought she liked soft and really does not.

I would never ever buy from Sleepys and tempur every again and would never recommend them to anyone!!!

Sleepys due to selling me faulty (or whatever one calls it) dr. brues bed that is not like the one in the store!

Sleepys sales person selling me non breathable side mattress prtector, that I think is the cause of my first bed to form creaters very quikly!

Sleepys sales person selling me a tempur in the winter/cold times and NOT informing me that it will be lots softer in normal envirement (house)!!

Sleepys for not calling me back in time to do an exchange, I put the call to them and they never returned it when I was within my return for the tempur!

Sleepys sales person (one of them) for telling me a foam mattress is softer on an adjustable base, when in fact is firmer if anything cause of the boards used in the adjustable base!!!!

Sleepys for only ofering me $1400 in an exchange now for my $4000 tempur (I know this one is debadable but the whole story tells)!!

Temur Pedic for selling way overpriced foam mattress that they have no support (meaning you sink and not good for backs, any ones back) for at all in anything they sell today!!!!!!

I am just reporting my findings to maybe help others in their decision, this has cost me lots (and I am still paying on all of this).

Maybe I should have looked into it more but both sleepys and tempur do not post bad reviews that often on beds at their sites so that is another negative to both of them and a very big one, so take reviews on their sites with a very very small grain of salt!!!!!!!!

I have tried and will try again to post on their sites, and all I get is calls saying they care but .......  I will let you know if I get anywher else with them but at this point I am paying for a tempur purchased at sleepys that is in a spare room doing nothing that I am still paying on because their slogan is "the sleep experts" I do not now how to find these people at sleepys and I think you will not either!!

Also 1800matress is sleepys and maybe others out there also, so be aware!!

Thanks to all, best of luck!!! 

Don

This message was modified Nov 2, 2011 by dfran1
Reply #91 Oct 3, 2012 8:49 PM

Hi all,

I told you all I would keep this updated.....

Around 1 year of owning both mattresses.

So over time my wife and I had noticed the $50 mattress was getting hard, so my wife went upstairs (about 1 1/2 months ago) to the tempur pedic rhapsody mattress and she said she wanted to try it out instead of the $50 mattress that to both of us was getting harder..

So I swapped the mattress on her side and after 2 weeks she said she loved it, so I moved my half and I have been on it for 30 days and we both do love tempur pedic now..

I don't understand foam, but it takes 1 year for it to (cure) get to its normal.    Now this is my thought and findings on these foam mattresses.

I don’t for the life of me know why it takes a year to stiffen up but they do.

I am sorry for all the negative for them (but this year wait should have been told to me by all involved)

I sleep with my head and feet elevated, and have no back pain when I wake up.

I have no sagging of the mattress (either the $50 one or tempur pedic) at all so far, and I know it was the improper mattress protector sleepys sold me that made my first tempur pedic sag, and would still never ever recommend Sleepys (see my other posts).

I do change my words now (after a year) and would recommend the tempur pedic mattress to all, with a warning that it takes a year for them to get firm like their meant to be.

Happy sleeping to all

And to all a good Night…..

Don

Ps. If anything changes I will update again.  Thanks to all…..

Recent Posts