"Cool" sheets
Oct 2, 2010 1:33 PM
I dont know how to imbed a link.  But anyone ever try these sheets...

http://www.sleepys.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10551&productId=27430&catalogId=10602&langId=-1

When I was at the store I was able to feel a small sample and they really do feel cool and smooth. I was offered a free set of sheets when I bought my BR mattress set and I wanted those but she wouldn't budge on that (I got an el crappo set, figures.)  I am still thinking of trying these.  I can't find reviews anywhere and no one else seems to make them except the S-store. If I hadn't felt them w/ my own little hands I would be skeptical but they felt awesome.  Sleeping on them is another story, of course.

Re: "Cool" sheets
Reply #23 Oct 7, 2010 9:05 PM
Don't want to hijack this thread but it sort of answered my question. I am also looking for some quality cool-sleeping sheets.

I'm checking out some of Budgy's reccomendations and it seems like most of them have deep pockets (15" and up). I just bought a SleepEZ 10,000 queen (thanks you guys for the help btw). It is listed as being 10" deep and I understand you should order pockets that are 2-3" deeper than that measurement. Any suggestions? I was going to check out Matouk (the factory store isn't too far from me) but they are all 17-18" !!!!

Reply #24 Oct 7, 2010 9:14 PM
although, what if I end up wanting to add some sort of a topper...I guess I should have some room to grow especially if i am going to make a big sheet investment. Can I secure a larger fitted sheet somehow? What to do?
Reply #25 Oct 7, 2010 9:20 PM
if you might end up getting a topper you will want a sheet bigger than what you need right now. 

you will probably want to ask Matouk if their sheets are pre-shrunk or not...sometimes a 17" sheet will end up being a little smaller after its been laundered.  most of the high end stuff is not pre-washed but they cut accordingly to how much the warp and weft yarns are supposed to shrink.

Reply #27 Oct 7, 2010 10:19 PM
they are a fitted sheet...unless they are really huge you should be able to tuck a fair bit of the extra fabric under the mattress.  those guys have good pricing for US customers. 
Reply #28 Oct 7, 2010 10:23 PM
It seems they have a US and Canadian version of the site......hmmmm?

Maybe I'll give those a try. Would these still fall in the cool/comfortable/good quality realm? I know they are bit cheaper than some of the other ones mentioned here.

Reply #29 Oct 7, 2010 10:24 PM
Those "my favorite sheets" from www.beddingsuperstore.com are awesome, my wife only buys those ones.   Regarding that fitted sheet comment, they have an elastic around the entire sheet, so it will fit even if they are too big :)  Your gonna love these sheets!
This message was modified Feb 21, 2012 by a moderator
Reply #30 Oct 7, 2010 10:26 PM
Thanks Jim, feeling pretty good about these. Would you say they are good at not getting too hot?
Reply #31 Oct 25, 2010 12:15 PM
*edit - oops I removed this post because I figured out my problem but Budgy responded before I removed it (thanks Budgy!!)
This message was modified Oct 25, 2010 by jtpoulin
Reply #32 Oct 25, 2010 12:19 PM
they do take a while to get, when we run out of stock it takes about 4 weeks to get them.  and we are very close to the manufacturer,  everything these guys make is essentially done custom.  they buy the fabric in bulk and make the sheet sets themselves where as most sheets are already imported as completed sets and readily distributed.

Recent Posts