Wool topper
Mar 13, 2010 3:42 PM
I have been looking at click here Natura wool toppers.  There also is a cotton backed on that is not washable.

Anyone here have one of these?

Budgie, what is your opinion.  I know you sell these.  I am super sensitive, so if the backing is stiff, wrinkled or bulky I will hate it.  That is why I don't want stuff wool toppers, they stitch on the top of them, painful!  The one I am looking at is the wool on top mattress pad that has polyester backing and is washable.  The reversible is not washable.  Not sure this would even fit in the washer.  Budgie, opinion please?

Thanks.

P.S. My hope is this will make the latex firmer, and I think it will by my blanket I put on the top, and when I use tighter jersey sheets.wink

This message was modified Mar 13, 2010 by Leo3
Re: Wool topper
Reply #30 Mar 30, 2010 3:15 PM
i think i ordered the same pad, although i bought it at the link you provided at the beginning of this thread.  i got the full size for $184 minus 10% bonus for joining facebook.  with free shipping it seemed quite a bargain.

we're enjoying the infamous costco 100% reversible latex mattress offered up to last january.  even tho it didn't solve my insomnia of waking up frequently, most of the pain issues went away when we flipped to the firm side.  the quality of sleep is much improved.  i tried adding an inch of foam padding (don't know what it's made of since i got it a long time ago) to get a softer feel, but some of the hip aches returned and it also doesn't breathe too well.  hope the new pad will work.

isn't it a hoot about 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep?  like most of the comments on this forum, i don't think the bed (hehe) is the solution.  nevertheless, the eternal quest for painless, restful slumber continues.  i appreciate the empathy and help.

Reply #31 Mar 31, 2010 6:22 PM
Your welcome Popo.  I hope the wool topper helps at least with the heat issue and comfort.

So what mattress did you have before the Costco latex?

Did you have a heat issue with just sleeping over the latex?  Do you have a mattress protector over the latex?  If so that can contribute to the heat buildup, and also can contribute to some pain from not being able to "get close" to the latex.

Reply #32 Mar 31, 2010 8:47 PM
we had a very ancient extra firm foam mattress set from sears.

you are right about the mattress protector causing heat and pain issues.  it is more comfortable sleeping directly over the latex, but i wanted to protect the mattress with a polyester, waterproof cover.  if the wool pad on top doesn't help--THEN OFF WITH THE COVER111

btw, natura just notified me that they won't ship my order for another 4-7 days.  so hard to get some zzzzzs

Reply #33 Apr 1, 2010 12:24 AM
I would say OFF with that cover now, if it was me.  That isn't helping any with your pressure points.

I had the same delay getting my wool pad, I think they all probably drop ship (if that is what it is called) from the manufacturer, so they have to wait and get it from them first.  Just a theory, but mine took that long too frown

I was concerned about the pad getting dirty, but that is life, if you put something over the wool you just defeated the whole point.  So fight the urge to protect it, just try to enjoy it when you get it.

Let me know what you think after a few days of trying it out.

This message was modified Apr 1, 2010 by Leo3

Recent Posts