My Natura Mattress for $1250
Oct 30, 2010 2:09 PM
This is a alternative mattress solution to some of the other ideas on this forum.  I found my 3 yr old Natura Crown King size on Craigs List and only paid $1250.  I know to some people this is creapy ( "do you know what people have done on that mattress"!) on the other hand people have no problem staying high end hotels and raving about the mattress.  In my case I lucked out and for some reason the the sellers had never even used the 2" topper.  It was stilled sealed in the original plastic.  So as far as I am concerned I got a new mattress for a third of the price.  I had watched Craigs List and Kijiji for about a year till I finally found the right deal.  Of course if I had the money I would have bought new from Natura, and didn't go with sleep EZ because it's not as easy living in Canada.  I originally had my eye on Natura because they use quality latex and on some of the models the wool topper has a removable cover which is dry cleanable (fresh, premier, crown and some other models).  We already had the latex pillows, we bought bamboo blend sheets and a silk duvet and we love it.  Before on our 3 yr old Beauty rest I was waking up sweaty, with a sore back and tired.  We have had our Natura for two weeks and I am waking up rested, dry and with no sore back.  I included some pictures and of course the pets love it too.

Re: My Natura Mattress for $1250
Reply #7 Nov 1, 2010 12:03 PM
My understanding is that the Natura Ultra Green Crown mattress is a talalay blend latex which Natura World claims to be 60-72% natural. 

There is no velcro between the layers, just a fuzzy non slip material.  Thanks Budgy,  I didn't know it was Latex International foam which is good news.  

After being a victam of the "S" brand mattresses I didn't trust any mattress that is sealed up.  I would have bought from any manufacture where you can unzip the mattress and see whats inside and the fact that wool topper is dry cleanable is bonus.

Reply #8 Nov 1, 2010 12:17 PM
I just found a link at the Nuturaworld site for the 2009 model.

http://www.naturaworld.com/catalog/mattresses/organic-iv

Reply #9 Nov 1, 2010 1:21 PM
Is this the tag for the topper? 2" of 32 ILD talalay lined with 18 oz. / yd² wool?

tugg wrote:

Reply #10 Nov 1, 2010 2:21 PM
looks like just the tag for the 2" piece bonded to the 6" core.  the topper is probably similar or slightly slower ILD.
Reply #11 Nov 5, 2010 2:29 PM
I love seeing people get great deals :) 

Grats on your beautiful mattress!

Recent Posts