My Natura Mattress for $1250
Oct 30, 2010 2:09 PM
This is a alternative mattress solution to some of the other ideas on this forum.  I found my 3 yr old Natura Crown King size on Craigs List and only paid $1250.  I know to some people this is creapy ( "do you know what people have done on that mattress"!) on the other hand people have no problem staying high end hotels and raving about the mattress.  In my case I lucked out and for some reason the the sellers had never even used the 2" topper.  It was stilled sealed in the original plastic.  So as far as I am concerned I got a new mattress for a third of the price.  I had watched Craigs List and Kijiji for about a year till I finally found the right deal.  Of course if I had the money I would have bought new from Natura, and didn't go with sleep EZ because it's not as easy living in Canada.  I originally had my eye on Natura because they use quality latex and on some of the models the wool topper has a removable cover which is dry cleanable (fresh, premier, crown and some other models).  We already had the latex pillows, we bought bamboo blend sheets and a silk duvet and we love it.  Before on our 3 yr old Beauty rest I was waking up sweaty, with a sore back and tired.  We have had our Natura for two weeks and I am waking up rested, dry and with no sore back.  I included some pictures and of course the pets love it too.

Re: My Natura Mattress for $1250
Reply #1 Oct 30, 2010 2:39 PM
the core looks brands new and the topper is unused....id say you did darn good on this deal. 

I bet these people just wanted a really firm bed and thats why they didn't use the topper.

Reply #2 Oct 30, 2010 4:08 PM
Which model of Natura is it?  It looks really nice.  Is that velcro that the topper sits on?  Is it talalay blended or natural latex, or dunlop?  Is that Latex Green Budgy, can't remember anymore when I was looking at them.

Natura looks like a nicely built bed.  Congrats.

Reply #3 Oct 30, 2010 4:13 PM
Nice to see another Canadian (I'm Canadian as well although I split my time between Canada and the US).

Just for reference for other Canadians, there are more and more American outlets and even manufacturers who are shipping into Canada and some of them are even taking care of the taxes and customs brokerage on their end (and giving you the cost ahead of time) so the mattress arrives with no extra costs or hassle to your home. Of course when you are looking at prices, you need to take into account any exchange (US and Canadian are reasonably close), shipping (some are free even into Canada), taxes (GST and PST usually now that most provinces are going to a harmonized tax)and brokerage (usually minimal).

There are also quite a few custom manufacturers in Canada similar to the US ... just takes a bit more looking and research .... but it's well worth it.

You did well on your mattress :)

Phoenix

This message was modified Oct 30, 2010 by Phoenix
Reply #4 Oct 30, 2010 4:21 PM
Leo this is the older version of the Natura Crown.  It is 10" total blended talalay latex. 

The new version is also 10" total, 2" convoluted blended dunlop on top of 4" blended talalay, ontop of 4" natural dunlop from latex green, on top of a 2" rubberized coconut coir base.  I don't think they are doing a removable topper anymore, so the new mattress is very thick and heavy as one piece now. 

Reply #5 Oct 30, 2010 4:26 PM
budgy wrote:

Leo this is the older version of the Natura Crown.  It is 10" total blended talalay latex. 

The new version is also 10" total, 2" convoluted blended dunlop on top of 4" blended talalay, ontop of 4" natural dunlop from latex green, on top of a 2" rubberized coconut coir base.  I don't think they are doing a removable topper anymore, so the new mattress is very thick and heavy as one piece now. 

Thanks Budgy, I just reread the original posting and see it is Natura Crown.  But didn't know the specs though thanks.  I did find this http://www.irawoods.com/Natura-QL45280-NaturLatex-Crown-Mattress-Queen but they never get into who makes the latex or the ILD of the topper, unless I missed that too blush

Is the blended talalay from Latex Green too?  Don't they make Dunlop only?

Reply #6 Oct 30, 2010 5:50 PM
the talalay comes from LI ;)
Reply #7 Nov 1, 2010 12:03 PM
My understanding is that the Natura Ultra Green Crown mattress is a talalay blend latex which Natura World claims to be 60-72% natural. 

There is no velcro between the layers, just a fuzzy non slip material.  Thanks Budgy,  I didn't know it was Latex International foam which is good news.  

After being a victam of the "S" brand mattresses I didn't trust any mattress that is sealed up.  I would have bought from any manufacture where you can unzip the mattress and see whats inside and the fact that wool topper is dry cleanable is bonus.

Reply #8 Nov 1, 2010 12:17 PM
I just found a link at the Nuturaworld site for the 2009 model.

http://www.naturaworld.com/catalog/mattresses/organic-iv

Reply #9 Nov 1, 2010 1:21 PM
Is this the tag for the topper? 2" of 32 ILD talalay lined with 18 oz. / yd² wool?

tugg wrote:

Reply #10 Nov 1, 2010 2:21 PM
looks like just the tag for the 2" piece bonded to the 6" core.  the topper is probably similar or slightly slower ILD.
Reply #11 Nov 5, 2010 2:29 PM
I love seeing people get great deals :) 

Grats on your beautiful mattress!

Recent Posts