Intelli-Gel, CrossGel, FlexGel, Galastic, Intelli-Bed, MyComfort, GelTec
Sep 11, 2007 11:13 PM
Foam Nerd
All of these companies and brands are interrelated. The differences are more like two varieties of red or green apples rather than apples to oranges.

This is a composite of the following threads from the old forum. It might feel kind of jumbled, but we don't need two threads on Intelli-Gel.

Has anyone ever tried an Intelli-bed?

Intelli-Gel toppers

First, lets introduce the players:

Intelli-Bed and MyComfort are separate and distinct companies. Each sells a product they call Intelli-Gel, but they are not exactly the same. Both are manufactured under license from the same company (EdiZone) and they are more similar than they are different, but they are different products, manufactured by different companies. I will talk a lot more about these companies in subsequent posts.

GelTechnology is the company which manufactures the Intelli-Gel for Intelli-Bed. Their trade-names for the honeycomb material is CrossGel, and the gel-like rubber that it's made from, FlexGel. GelTec does not manufacture mattresses, but they do sell a CrossGel topper they call the GelBed Topper.

EdiZONE is "a developer of products and technology. Its business model is to conceive and patent unique and valuable technologies and product designs, develop them into prototype products, and then license them to a leader in the applicable marketplace." They invented Gelastic and Intelli-Gel and license these products to Intelli-Bed and MyComfort.

Not coincidentally, all four of these companies are based in Utah.

Intelli-Gel is protected by U.S. Patent
6,026,527 (and 5,749,111)  Gelatinous cushions with buckling columns.
Gelastic is covered by patent 5,994,450  
Gelatinous elastomer and methods of making and using the same and articles made therefrom.
Granted, I am a geek, but I found the 527 patent to be quite interesting and insightful.

Disclosure: I have an Intelli-Gel topper on order from MyComfort. I'm trying to keep my posts here informational and not a sales pitch, but anyone with any vested interest in a product cannot be totally objective about it. Just keep that in the back of your mind as you read my posts. I'm an Intelli-Gel fan boy. At least until I get the topper and actually sleep on it.
This message was modified Oct 30, 2007 by a moderator
Re: Intelli-Gel, CrossGel, FlexGel, Galastic, Intelli-Bed, MyComfort, GelTec
Reply #31 Nov 11, 2011 2:52 PM
This review seems incredibly defensive and I would have to question the validity it is made by someone outside of the intellibed company itself.  Why would it be hard for anyone to believe that someone could be unhappy with a product just because they themselves had success with it. To assume that every negative review on the product has to be a competitor and/or someone that purchased a knock-off product is simply paranoia. 

I have had customers purchase legitimate intellibed mattresses and be less than satisfied with the product and ultimately come and buy something else from us.  Does this mean that intellibed is a bad product? No.  Just means it wasn't perhaps the right product for that person....there is no such thing as a perfect mattress because every person has different criteria.  Take any product that is proven to be among the best in the world and you will find a poor review for it.  I have seen pictures of a man in China setting fire to his Lamborghini because he was not happy with the service he was getting.  

Reply #32 Nov 16, 2011 11:28 AM
We bought a gel mattress (My Comfort) from a store in Mesa, Arizona about 4 years ago. What a terrible mistake! The gel has softened and broken down on both sides of the bed (we are not obese) and we now sleep in "sink holes". We both have sore backs and hips because the bed no longer supports our bodies! When we called the store, we found they had gone out of business. We then called a store in Utah that still sold the mattress and they said it would cost us $500.00 to ship it to them and then if they didn't agree that the sinkage was severe, they would charge us another $500.00 to ship it back to us! What a scam! These mattress warranties are a joke! Whatever you do, do NOT buy a gel bed!  We paid $4000.00 and now we have to go out and buy a inner-spring mattress to replace it.  We are so sad! 
Reply #33 Nov 16, 2011 11:30 AM
Markan wrote:

We bought a gel mattress (My Comfort) from a store in Mesa, Arizona about 4 years ago. What a terrible mistake! The gel has softened and broken down on both sides of the bed (we are not obese) and we now sleep in "sink holes". We both have sore backs and hips because the bed no longer supports our bodies! When we called the store, we found they had gone out of business. We then called a store in Utah that still sold the mattress and they said it would cost us $500.00 to ship it to them and then if they didn't agree that the sinkage was severe, they would charge us another $500.00 to ship it back to us! What a scam! These mattress warranties are a joke! Whatever you do, do NOT buy a gel bed!  We paid $4000.00 and now we have to go out and buy a inner-spring mattress to replace it.  We are so sad! 

Reply #34 Nov 16, 2011 5:20 PM
Markan wrote:

Just curious...did the gel layer (2")  break down or was it the supporting mattress layers?

This message was modified Nov 16, 2011 by simplemind

Recent Posts