Dr Breus Mattress reviews???
Nov 23, 2010 10:26 AM
We are considering purchasing one of the new Dr Breus Mattresses, but I don't like the fact that I can't find any reviews about it online.

Has anyone seen any reviews for the Dr Breus Signature Mattress???

I'm sure that he's just friends with Dr. Oz and Oprah :-)

Re: Dr Breus Mattress reviews???
Reply #17 Apr 5, 2011 5:57 PM
Hi,

I hope your bed works out for you, you may be one of the lucky ones, but I purchased the Signature Platinum Plush Eurotop Mattress, and I believe someone in the other tread purchased the same as mine, and theirs is sagging and was purchased in November,  I wish you the best but I still stand by my experience with at the very least the two I had.  (I had serious back pain after waking up on the one I had the first 2 nights, now my back is getting back into shape and it's been a few weeks after the exchange).

Best of luck, If you do keep it, please keep this forum updated on any changes, others would like to know some of these last or not.

Reply #18 Apr 5, 2011 10:08 PM
I have had my Dr Breus Signature King now for over 2 months and all I can say is wow. I recently developed back pain after the birth of my child and my doctor sent me to a physical therapist who gave me an excercise routine that helped some, but I still wasn't back to feeling 100%. Then the therapist asked questions about the bed I was sleeping on, and ended up recommending that I look into some of the newer beds on the market. So I went into the store and tried out several of them, and ended up choosing the Signature Dr. Breus. With the combination of the exercises and my new bed, I have had absolutely no back issues since the very first night.
Reply #19 Apr 7, 2011 9:43 PM
Skiday,

How is your dr breuss Monogram gold Holding up and also comfort wise ?

Reply #20 Apr 8, 2011 8:10 AM
smjc_99 wrote:
Skiday,

How is your dr breuss Monogram gold Holding up and also comfort wise ?

After 2 month, with my husband (6'2" 235 lb), our 75 lbs Irish Setter and me I would say the mattress has had alot of abuse. I personally have not had any signs of wear, indentations, sagging. My husband was not happy with spending this kind of money on a mattress, but eventually gave in because it was try what my physical therapist suggested or keep piling up medical bills.
Reply #21 Jun 6, 2011 12:02 AM
well we got ours at furniture liquidators and it was great... it was the monogram.. but about 2 weeks into it it started not to sagg but the pillow top began to roll or raise up in spots, making it uncomfertable to sleep. So we called anf they sent out a person to look at it and replaced it... Now when we first looked at it, i told the salesman that we r BIG people and ask if this matress could handle the weight and he said "with no problem", well this is the second one and its going back becuz its doing the same thing.. plus the first one we got was 13" thick and the replacement was 11", I went to the store to ask why and luckly they still had the old one and i proved to them i was rite....But with all that I must say that if it wasnt for the rolling pillow top i would recommmend it... its a bed for little people under 165 lbs. thats my thought anyway....

blkr35gtr wrote:

Hi! I too began to wonder about the authenticity of some of those negative posts when I was in the market for this mattress. The reviews said very little about an actual purchase - like where the mattress was purchased, or the needs of the person sleeping on the mattress - and  it always seemed to be the same negative comment – “it sags” – which I found odd, since my research found that the mattress manufactures in general offers a warranty which specifically addresses and outlines “sagging”  (FYI, I believe the Dr Breus Mattress offers a 20 Year warranty). I am pretty confident that if these people were to have their mattress inspected, and it truly does sag it would be replaced, and statements like “is a gamble on what you get” are completely False!

Also, I did find reviews on several shopping websites, and just this one site carried this mattress at 4.75 out of 5 stars: (http://www.sleepys.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/MCategory_10602_25801_-1_10551&mn) .

I know it can be frustrating asking for advice and help and only finding dead end. I would encourage you to trust in your chiropractor who understands your needs for proper mattress fitment. Possibly ask him/her if there is a comparable mattress that you could find locally, and then go and try it out. Get all the specifics of the bed you like, and then compare the specs online to get the best deal. Hope that helps! 

Also Below is what was posted in another thread to give you some factual information when doing online research about this bed

1. This is from Dr Breus Website http://www.thesleepdoctor.com/the-dr-breus-bed/
“The Dr. Breus Bed™ is constructed using three primary ingredients: tempsense™, along with multiple layers of natural Talalay Latex and High Density, Soy-based Poly-foams. These materials are manufactured in the United States… The Dr. Breus Bed™ has a 20 year limited warranty…”

2. The Talalay latex used in the beds are manufactured by Latex International. More info about sleeping on latex and their website http://www.latexfoam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70&Itemid=81

Reply #22 Jun 6, 2011 2:47 PM
We went into Sleepys over the Memorial Day weekend to find a new bed. We looked first at the Tempur-Pedic beds, until the salesman asked us if we have heard about the Dr Breus bed. We went through the entire presentation which was impressive but not nearly as impressive as the bed itself. After 5 minutes my wife and me look at each other and totally agreed this was the mattress we wanted.

We took delivery of our Dr Breus Signature mattress 3 days ago and we love it. Hands down the best money we have ever spent on a mattress and the people at Sleepys are to be commended for their help, and prompt delivery.

Reply #23 Jun 6, 2011 3:14 PM
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." ..... Albert Einstein
I look forward to your follow up report in about 6 months.
Reply #24 Jun 8, 2011 6:20 PM
I hope the people who actually post good reviews here  are not from sleepy's, making good reviews or from the manufactures, my statements are all true!!  The fact is that it is a gamble on what you get with these beds!!!  I would not wast my time posting here if it was not!!!!  The Dr.B bed we tried in the store we bought from was the firmest out of 3-4 other sleepy's stores of the same model, read the rest of my reviews and remember  its your  money not mine do as you will.

You have been warned if you buy one, it is your money, your good night sleep, your back, your time, you decide!

If I read reviews on this bed like mine I would have never purchased it in the first place and took 2-3 months for my back to recover.  I should send my medical bills and time wasted to Dr. B.!

Reply #25 Jun 8, 2011 8:10 PM
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." ..... Albert Einstein
"...I hope the people who actually post good reviews here are not from sleepy's..."

I kinda think you're right. At first, I gave them the benefit of a doubt, but then I noticed that they made the same posting in 2 locations on the forum. And these are their only postings ever. Where were they when they were doing their mattress search? More examples of Sleezy's as the Masters of Deceit!

Reply #26 Jun 20, 2011 10:58 AM
We recently bought the Monogram Gold King set.  It was delivered on Friday.  It was WAY softer than the one we laid on in the store.  My husband and I actually took pictures of how far we sunk into the one at the store vs. the one we received.  In the store, laying on my side, you can see the entire knee cap of my bottom leg.  At home, it's completely sunk into the bed.  My husband, who is a hot sleeper to begin with, was smothered by the bed wrapping around him and was incredibly hot.  He ended up on the sofa.  The next day we went back to Sleepy's explained the situation.  They said, it was probably a defective mattress and did an even exchange for us.  The new bed arrived this morning.  Same situation.  Took more pictures.  I sink just as much in the new bed.  We're not sure if it's a difference between the queen model in the store vs. the king that we purchased or just an incredible inconsistency with Dr. Breus in general.  I called Sleepy's this morning.  I was told to contact 1-800-Sleepy's to discuss a comfort exchange.  I did so, explained the inconsistency, and they are waiving the comfort exchange fee.  We will probably still have to choose an equal or more expensive mattress, though.  So much for just switching to the firmer model!  Although, I may be turned off from Dr. Breus in general.

Recent Posts