Dr Breus Mattress reviews???
Nov 23, 2010 10:26 AM
We are considering purchasing one of the new Dr Breus Mattresses, but I don't like the fact that I can't find any reviews about it online.

Has anyone seen any reviews for the Dr Breus Signature Mattress???

I'm sure that he's just friends with Dr. Oz and Oprah :-)

Re: Dr Breus Mattress reviews???
Reply #1 Dec 14, 2010 1:56 AM
I TAKE IT, YOU HAVEN'T HEARD FROM ANYONE YET? I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING. NO RETAILER CLOSE TO ME SO I HAVE TO DRIVE ABOUT 3 HRS. WONDERING IF IT WOULD BE WORTH IT.
Reply #4 Dec 15, 2010 3:48 PM
The Pure Latex bliss is IMO one of the better values in "mainstream" mattresses that you will find in most mass market stores. The company is a subsidiary of Latex International who manufactures high quality latex and it usually sells for less than a comparable major manufacturer alternative. There is an inch of high quality  polyfoam at the very bottom of their latex mattresses which is not an issue. The rest is all Talalay latex. There are better values talked about on the forum but in terms of mainstream it is pretty good and has quite a few options to adjust it's comfort. It would certainly be my first choice of the mattresses offered at Sleepy's.

Phoenix

This message was modified Dec 15, 2010 by Phoenix
Reply #5 Dec 16, 2010 1:09 PM
We purchased a Dr. Breus mattress and found it to be the worst night sleep ever.  We had a 10 year old mattress that was more comfortable then the Dr. Breus.  I woke up feeling bruised and in pain every morning. It also has a smell that only went away when we left the windows open for a week ( in November!) We are exchanging it at a substantial cost to us. Don't buy one.

Seems odd that there are no reviews anywhere on line.

Reply #6 Dec 29, 2010 11:31 AM
After having severe back pain from a 12-year old mattress, my husband and I went to Sleepys and found the Dr. Breus signature elite to be the most comfortable of all the beds we tried - we were there for a long-time and gave each one we tried enough time to get comfortable.  We have had it for 2 weeks now and both of us are sleeping soundly for the first time in a long time.  The only problem we have is they highly recommend a waterproof mattress pad that they "threw in" for us.  That tends to make it a little too warm for me.  I tried it without it for one night and it was much better.  We'll have to work that out.
Reply #7 Dec 30, 2010 8:44 PM
We bought the Signature after comparing between memory foam and latex options.  This bed seemed to be the best value.  It took about a week to adjust, we woke up sore at first but now its the best nights sleep I've ever had.  There is a temperature regulating feature my wife liked.  Overall it seems to work because neither one of us are waking up hot, compared to our old pillowtop.

Overall, I'd recommend it!  Don't expect immediate and overnight satisfaction because it took us some time but in the end its worth every penny.

Reply #8 Jan 17, 2011 1:10 PM
We bought a Dr. Breus bed 25 days ago and it still smells really intense. The first 2 weeks I could only sleep on it for half the night, then I would cough and move to the other room. I have slept well on the bed, but I have almost lost my voice from the odor. I have opened the windows in my room, which isn't that logical since it is about 20 degrees here. Does anyone know how long this smell will linger? How bad is it for me? What can I do about it? 
Reply #9 Jan 24, 2011 8:27 PM
I REALLY wanted to buy the Dr. Breus mattress, in fact, I did buy one.  Unfortunately, where I live, the only place I could buy it was Sleepy's (who I bought my last mattress from, and had customer service issues with).  Long story short, Sleepy's customer service advised me to decline the delivery (which was 2 hours late) when there were fingerprints on it (which would have voided my warranty), and they would deliver one the next day. But  they wouldn't guarantee what time, so I would have wasted yet another day waiting for the delivery truck.   Their customer service supervisor made no effort to make sure I didn't have to wait all day, and was quite condescending, so I cancelled my order.   I would buy this mattress again, though, if I could through another vendor.  There aren't many reviews because it is fairly new, people aren't familiar with latex mattresses, and this bed is only available through a small number of vendors.
Reply #10 Feb 12, 2011 10:45 PM
We bought this bed about 3 months ago. At first we loved the bed. But now it has already developed body impressions and started waking up with back and neck pain.  This was the reason we got rid of our last bed. So today we returned it and bought a tempurpedic cloud luxe. It just cost to much to develop body impressions that quickly. I would not recommend the Dr Breus Signature Mattress.
Reply #11 Feb 13, 2011 6:59 AM
someguyk7 wrote:

We bought the Signature after comparing between memory foam and latex options.  This bed seemed to be the best value.  It took about a week to adjust, we woke up sore at first but now its the best nights sleep I've ever had.  There is a temperature regulating feature my wife liked.  Overall it seems to work because neither one of us are waking up hot, compared to our old pillowtop.

Overall, I'd recommend it!  Don't expect immediate and overnight satisfaction because it took us some time but in the end its worth every penny.

I am hoping you're right - I just spent my first night NOT sleeping well at all on my new expensive Dr Breus...I'm so upset I could cry - after spending over an hour trying it out at the store, it's no where near as comfortable as the one I tried.  It's a huge investment and I can't afford the expensive return policy so I'm giving it the week you recommend...ugh

Reply #12 Feb 16, 2011 1:58 PM
ddsvi wrote:

We bought this bed about 3 months ago. At first we loved the bed. But now it has already developed body impressions and started waking up with back and neck pain.  This was the reason we got rid of our last bed. So today we returned it and bought a tempurpedic cloud luxe. It just cost to much to develop body impressions that quickly. I would not recommend the Dr Breus Signature Mattress.

Just curious. How were you able to return the bed after 3 months? I made the mistake of buying this in Nov. before finding this forum. Sleepy's has only a 21 day exchange. 

Mine also has body impressions and is very uncomfortable.  

Reply #14 Mar 30, 2011 9:29 AM
Hi! I too began to wonder about the authenticity of some of those negative posts when I was in the market for this mattress. The reviews said very little about an actual purchase - like where the mattress was purchased, or the needs of the person sleeping on the mattress - and  it always seemed to be the same negative comment – “it sags” – which I found odd, since my research found that the mattress manufactures in general offers a warranty which specifically addresses and outlines “sagging”  (FYI, I believe the Dr Breus Mattress offers a 20 Year warranty). I am pretty confident that if these people were to have their mattress inspected, and it truly does sag it would be replaced, and statements like “is a gamble on what you get” are completely False!

Also, I did find reviews on several shopping websites, and just this one site carried this mattress at 4.75 out of 5 stars: (http://www.sleepys.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/MCategory_10602_25801_-1_10551&mn) .

I know it can be frustrating asking for advice and help and only finding dead end. I would encourage you to trust in your chiropractor who understands your needs for proper mattress fitment. Possibly ask him/her if there is a comparable mattress that you could find locally, and then go and try it out. Get all the specifics of the bed you like, and then compare the specs online to get the best deal. Hope that helps! 

Also Below is what was posted in another thread to give you some factual information when doing online research about this bed

1. This is from Dr Breus Website http://www.thesleepdoctor.com/the-dr-breus-bed/
“The Dr. Breus Bed™ is constructed using three primary ingredients: tempsense™, along with multiple layers of natural Talalay Latex and High Density, Soy-based Poly-foams. These materials are manufactured in the United States… The Dr. Breus Bed™ has a 20 year limited warranty…”

2. The Talalay latex used in the beds are manufactured by Latex International. More info about sleeping on latex and their website http://www.latexfoam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70&Itemid=81

Reply #15 Apr 4, 2011 7:06 PM
These Dr.Breus beds are JUNK (and that is not the word for them), and very overpriced!!!!!!!

I owned one and there is absolutely no consistency in the manufacturing of these!!!!!

Also for all your input whomever even considers these junk, way overpriced beds, I wrote a review (or tried to on the sleepy's web site) and they called me and gave me a $75 gift card to (basically in a round about way) keep my bad review off their site!!!!!   They are the only sellers of these beds (that I could find when I purchased one) and make big $$$$$$$$$ from these beds so you will never ever see a bad review (as I wrote here) on these beds on their site!!

I do give my 2 sales people (April mostly) and my sleepy's regional manager a big THANK YOU for getting this POS mattress out of my house and get me into a Tempur pedic RhapsodyBed that is working out to be the best mattress I have slept on to date at no exchange cost to me at all, from my experience with them Sleepy's is a great company!

This message was modified Apr 4, 2011 by dfran1
Reply #16 Apr 5, 2011 8:56 AM
Hi I just purchased a Dr. Breus Monogram Gold Eurotop.  I was worried after seeing some of these reviews but woke up this morning with a great night sleep and no lower back pain which i was experiencing with my last mattress.  I find the bed to be extremely comofrtable with great support as well.  If this bed holds up i will be a very happy customer.
Reply #17 Apr 5, 2011 5:57 PM
Hi,

I hope your bed works out for you, you may be one of the lucky ones, but I purchased the Signature Platinum Plush Eurotop Mattress, and I believe someone in the other tread purchased the same as mine, and theirs is sagging and was purchased in November,  I wish you the best but I still stand by my experience with at the very least the two I had.  (I had serious back pain after waking up on the one I had the first 2 nights, now my back is getting back into shape and it's been a few weeks after the exchange).

Best of luck, If you do keep it, please keep this forum updated on any changes, others would like to know some of these last or not.

Reply #18 Apr 5, 2011 10:08 PM
I have had my Dr Breus Signature King now for over 2 months and all I can say is wow. I recently developed back pain after the birth of my child and my doctor sent me to a physical therapist who gave me an excercise routine that helped some, but I still wasn't back to feeling 100%. Then the therapist asked questions about the bed I was sleeping on, and ended up recommending that I look into some of the newer beds on the market. So I went into the store and tried out several of them, and ended up choosing the Signature Dr. Breus. With the combination of the exercises and my new bed, I have had absolutely no back issues since the very first night.
Reply #19 Apr 7, 2011 9:43 PM
Skiday,

How is your dr breuss Monogram gold Holding up and also comfort wise ?

Reply #20 Apr 8, 2011 8:10 AM
smjc_99 wrote:
Skiday,

How is your dr breuss Monogram gold Holding up and also comfort wise ?

After 2 month, with my husband (6'2" 235 lb), our 75 lbs Irish Setter and me I would say the mattress has had alot of abuse. I personally have not had any signs of wear, indentations, sagging. My husband was not happy with spending this kind of money on a mattress, but eventually gave in because it was try what my physical therapist suggested or keep piling up medical bills.
Reply #21 Jun 6, 2011 12:02 AM
well we got ours at furniture liquidators and it was great... it was the monogram.. but about 2 weeks into it it started not to sagg but the pillow top began to roll or raise up in spots, making it uncomfertable to sleep. So we called anf they sent out a person to look at it and replaced it... Now when we first looked at it, i told the salesman that we r BIG people and ask if this matress could handle the weight and he said "with no problem", well this is the second one and its going back becuz its doing the same thing.. plus the first one we got was 13" thick and the replacement was 11", I went to the store to ask why and luckly they still had the old one and i proved to them i was rite....But with all that I must say that if it wasnt for the rolling pillow top i would recommmend it... its a bed for little people under 165 lbs. thats my thought anyway....

blkr35gtr wrote:

Hi! I too began to wonder about the authenticity of some of those negative posts when I was in the market for this mattress. The reviews said very little about an actual purchase - like where the mattress was purchased, or the needs of the person sleeping on the mattress - and  it always seemed to be the same negative comment – “it sags” – which I found odd, since my research found that the mattress manufactures in general offers a warranty which specifically addresses and outlines “sagging”  (FYI, I believe the Dr Breus Mattress offers a 20 Year warranty). I am pretty confident that if these people were to have their mattress inspected, and it truly does sag it would be replaced, and statements like “is a gamble on what you get” are completely False!

Also, I did find reviews on several shopping websites, and just this one site carried this mattress at 4.75 out of 5 stars: (http://www.sleepys.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/MCategory_10602_25801_-1_10551&mn) .

I know it can be frustrating asking for advice and help and only finding dead end. I would encourage you to trust in your chiropractor who understands your needs for proper mattress fitment. Possibly ask him/her if there is a comparable mattress that you could find locally, and then go and try it out. Get all the specifics of the bed you like, and then compare the specs online to get the best deal. Hope that helps! 

Also Below is what was posted in another thread to give you some factual information when doing online research about this bed

1. This is from Dr Breus Website http://www.thesleepdoctor.com/the-dr-breus-bed/
“The Dr. Breus Bed™ is constructed using three primary ingredients: tempsense™, along with multiple layers of natural Talalay Latex and High Density, Soy-based Poly-foams. These materials are manufactured in the United States… The Dr. Breus Bed™ has a 20 year limited warranty…”

2. The Talalay latex used in the beds are manufactured by Latex International. More info about sleeping on latex and their website http://www.latexfoam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70&Itemid=81

Reply #22 Jun 6, 2011 2:47 PM
We went into Sleepys over the Memorial Day weekend to find a new bed. We looked first at the Tempur-Pedic beds, until the salesman asked us if we have heard about the Dr Breus bed. We went through the entire presentation which was impressive but not nearly as impressive as the bed itself. After 5 minutes my wife and me look at each other and totally agreed this was the mattress we wanted.

We took delivery of our Dr Breus Signature mattress 3 days ago and we love it. Hands down the best money we have ever spent on a mattress and the people at Sleepys are to be commended for their help, and prompt delivery.

Reply #23 Jun 6, 2011 3:14 PM
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." ..... Albert Einstein
I look forward to your follow up report in about 6 months.
Reply #24 Jun 8, 2011 6:20 PM
I hope the people who actually post good reviews here  are not from sleepy's, making good reviews or from the manufactures, my statements are all true!!  The fact is that it is a gamble on what you get with these beds!!!  I would not wast my time posting here if it was not!!!!  The Dr.B bed we tried in the store we bought from was the firmest out of 3-4 other sleepy's stores of the same model, read the rest of my reviews and remember  its your  money not mine do as you will.

You have been warned if you buy one, it is your money, your good night sleep, your back, your time, you decide!

If I read reviews on this bed like mine I would have never purchased it in the first place and took 2-3 months for my back to recover.  I should send my medical bills and time wasted to Dr. B.!

Reply #25 Jun 8, 2011 8:10 PM
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." ..... Albert Einstein
"...I hope the people who actually post good reviews here are not from sleepy's..."

I kinda think you're right. At first, I gave them the benefit of a doubt, but then I noticed that they made the same posting in 2 locations on the forum. And these are their only postings ever. Where were they when they were doing their mattress search? More examples of Sleezy's as the Masters of Deceit!

Reply #26 Jun 20, 2011 10:58 AM
We recently bought the Monogram Gold King set.  It was delivered on Friday.  It was WAY softer than the one we laid on in the store.  My husband and I actually took pictures of how far we sunk into the one at the store vs. the one we received.  In the store, laying on my side, you can see the entire knee cap of my bottom leg.  At home, it's completely sunk into the bed.  My husband, who is a hot sleeper to begin with, was smothered by the bed wrapping around him and was incredibly hot.  He ended up on the sofa.  The next day we went back to Sleepy's explained the situation.  They said, it was probably a defective mattress and did an even exchange for us.  The new bed arrived this morning.  Same situation.  Took more pictures.  I sink just as much in the new bed.  We're not sure if it's a difference between the queen model in the store vs. the king that we purchased or just an incredible inconsistency with Dr. Breus in general.  I called Sleepy's this morning.  I was told to contact 1-800-Sleepy's to discuss a comfort exchange.  I did so, explained the inconsistency, and they are waiving the comfort exchange fee.  We will probably still have to choose an equal or more expensive mattress, though.  So much for just switching to the firmer model!  Although, I may be turned off from Dr. Breus in general.
Reply #27 Jun 20, 2011 4:23 PM
We have had our Dr. Breus 7 days and the 1st 4 nights were very hot. Felt like our backs were burning. I took off the waterproof mattress pad and went without for 2 nights and much better. Just put on a cotton mattress pad last night and it was fine. So comfortable is the bed but just not sure about the foam and latex contributing to heat. anyone else having an issue with that. All in all, so comfortable though.
Reply #28 Jun 20, 2011 6:29 PM
jenn4pc wrote:

We recently bought the Monogram Gold King set.  It was delivered on Friday.  It was WAY softer than the one we laid on in the store.  My husband and I actually took pictures of how far we sunk into the one at the store vs. the one we received.  In the store, laying on my side, you can see the entire knee cap of my bottom leg.  At home, it's completely sunk into the bed.  My husband, who is a hot sleeper to begin with, was smothered by the bed wrapping around him and was incredibly hot.  He ended up on the sofa.  The next day we went back to Sleepy's explained the situation.  They said, it was probably a defective mattress and did an even exchange for us.  The new bed arrived this morning.  Same situation.  Took more pictures.  I sink just as much in the new bed.  We're not sure if it's a difference between the queen model in the store vs. the king that we purchased or just an incredible inconsistency with Dr. Breus in general.  I called Sleepy's this morning.  I was told to contact 1-800-Sleepy's to discuss a comfort exchange.  I did so, explained the inconsistency, and they are waiving the comfort exchange fee.  We will probably still have to choose an equal or more expensive mattress, though.  So much for just switching to the firmer model!  Although, I may be turned off from Dr. Breus in general.

I've seen other postings remarking on apparent inconsistenciew w/Dr. Breus beds. Don't know if it's the different licensed manufacturers or what....Maybe it's just such a new product it hasn't been fully standardized across the board yet.

Reply #29 Jun 20, 2011 9:13 PM
jenn4pc wrote:

If you read my posts about my experience, it is exactly like yours, and I stand by my findings, IBC is junk!!!!!! And so is Dr. Breus beds!!!! 

I had the same experience and same options (I had to spend the same or more or buy 2 mattresses), so I purchased the The Rhapsody bed by tempur-Pedic, was the only price that I knew was fair and close (no one can price adjust this brand) and we really like it, is it worth the price, only time will tell, I still can not justify a 4,000 mattress but we so sleep better than we ever did. 

Good luck and let us know what you choose here and tell us after a few weeks if you still like it.

Reply #30 Jun 25, 2011 11:17 AM
I just had my first night on my Monogram firm Dr. Breus bed and my back pain that has been around for a long time is gone.

My question, brought up by some of the stuff I have read on these treads is, will the mattress last? I got the firm model and the tag says its 13% latex (probably top layer), 85% poly, and 2% rayon.

My wife and I are small and light but should I return the bed to sleepy's for $400? It has a 10 yr full warranty and 10 yr pro-rated.

Reply #31 Jun 25, 2011 12:41 PM
richmond123 wrote:

I just had my first night on my Monogram firm Dr. Breus bed and my back pain that has been around for a long time is gone.

My question, brought up by some of the stuff I have read on these treads is, will the mattress last? I got the firm model and the tag says its 13% latex (probably top layer), 85% poly, and 2% rayon.

My wife and I are small and light but should I return the bed to sleepy's for $400? It has a 10 yr full warranty and 10 yr pro-rated.

Interesting! I have not seen the percentages posted before. From pretty much everything I've read on this forum, polyfoam breaks down pretty rapidly, as compared to latex. So you are probably looking at a breakdown years before before the warranty is up, since that is the primary compnent of the mattress. Other posters have said that warranties are pretty much useless in most cases. The terms and conditions depend on the language used in the warranty. If you want to post that, we can try to see whether it would cover any breakdown in the poly foam.  Some of the posts have talked about technicians coming to their home and determining if or whether the warranty covered the potential claim - usually not. Consider also that Dr. Breus is a new brand and it's doubtful you'll find much reporting yet of anyone trying to make a claim under the warranty. t If you want something that is going to last ten years or more, chances are this is not it. If you know that going in, and are okay with it, then no problem. Otherwise, you might want to reconsider while you still can.

Reply #32 Oct 9, 2011 7:56 PM
I am so fascinated by the widely different reviews of these beds...I'm considering buying the Gold one, it was my partner's and my favorite after "blind-testing" in the store, as it were. We had an awesome experience at Sleepy's (Cambridge, MA; Kevin) and would not hesitate to buy from them, but I like doing research before a big purchase like this. I will say, we had a super-clear education on them in store, so we know that they are not 100% latex, know what the store's return/exhance policies are, and what the mfr warranty covers. This is all pretty basic and I'm not sure why so many folks seem surprised by the sh**ty warranties on mattressess: I'm not saying I approve, but it's not top-secret. Just read the fine print. Jeez. (Obviously, customer service failures are a different issue and yes, please, complain to the world! And to the BBB!)

What is REALLY fascinating is that everyone takes a hard line--"this mattress is amazing and the best ever and will change your life" or "this mattress will probably kill you avoid avoid avoid"--but no one seems to recognize the essential truth behind any purchase like this: some will like it. Some won't. Everyone's body is different and will acclimate differently to a new sleeping surface. Two people can try on the same pair of shoes and think they're comfortable in the store, and one of them can develop blisters in a month while one will love them. I'd love to see some non-judgemental, purely factual accounts of how the mattress felt in-store, how it felt when it was delivered, and how it felt after some time had elapsed. I just tune out the sensationalist reviews; positive or negative, they all come across as being sponsored by either the brand in question, or a competing brand.

Reply #33 Nov 3, 2011 9:38 AM
Well, I spent close to 3k for my bed.  It is in fact a Dr. Breus.  It is soft, and I absolutely love it!!!!!  I used to wake up and have to get out of bed at 5:30 every morning because my back would be killing me!  Low back pain.  I am finally getting a great night sleep.  Here's the down fall.  You'll never want to leave your bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is well worth every single penny i spent.

Good Luck

Reply #34 Nov 11, 2011 12:25 PM
Don't buy it! It's crap! After 4 months it is hurting my back. I can't move in bed without my back hurting. When I get out of bed my back is fine and I can sleep anywhere else and my back is fine.

From an engineering standpoint it has been cost reduced to bring in maximum dollars with no regard to the consumer. For example, the foundation is cardboard and very little pieces of wood for support. But, the outside has a lovely covering to give the impression of quality.

The matteress has a similar covering but the foam density has been reduced so much that there is little hope it can ever hold up in day to day use.

Plus, what is on Sleepy's showroom floor is not what you will get at home. What is on the floor is a heavy well constructed product that is vastly different from what you will end up with.

I encourage you to explore this matteress in other reviews and forums. If you do enough research you will eventually see a pattern to support my statements. And ignore the positives, there is strong suspicion Sleepy's is posting there own reviews.

Don't expect customer service from them either, I've had zero success. They also have a history of being uncooperative and have numerous litigations against them.

Good luck.

Reply #35 Nov 19, 2011 10:54 PM
We just got a Dr. Breus mattress. We bought it at a sleepys. We were  looking for a new bed because our  17 year old Sterns and Foster mattress had had it.

We tried this  latex bed in the store and the sales man guided us to the 'medium' hardness because we are 'side sleepers'.  The bed was so comfortable we took a chance and bought one on the spot (along with some feather pillows).

We have had the bed for about a week and a half and it is GREAT!   We love it!  

Also, it was a big investment so i hope that it lasts. We did absolutely NO research into what kind of bed to buy ..we just winged it.

We had also never heard of Dr. Breus before. Had no idea the guy is a 'sleep Dr'.. Hope it is not a big sham!:)

The mattress is soft yet firm and it has a solid sort of 'unbouncy' feeling which is quite different than a regular spring mattress.  It gets a little warm but thats ok for us.

I went online to see what we got ourselves into AFTER the fact of buying it,  and came to this site just now and i decided to leave a reply.

Ok that is all. Good luck.

Reply #36 Nov 20, 2011 4:13 PM
Tons of interesting responses in this forum about Dr. Breus' beds. In my experience, the name of the person on the bed (Donald Trump, Vera Wang, Dr. Breus, etc) usually have very little to do with the actual product performance. I will say that Dr. Breus , in the area of the sleep sciences, is absolutely phenomenal... when it comes to the actual mattresses, it seems like it might be a little self-serving. I havenot tried out this line of beds yet, but I do know some of the other reponses have listed some inaccurate info.

• Polyurethane foam covers a HUGE amount of materials, including memory foam... which does not break down as fast as other types of polyurethane foams.
  • Sleeping hot many times is the individual but could also be the fact that being on a new support system that has eliminated (hopefully) many pressure points in your body. If you used to sleep with a lot of pressure points in your old bed or the bed sagged so much that your muscles were constantly working, your hands, fingers and toes were constantly cold, etc. and now find yourself level, supported, fewer to no pressure points (which result in more relaxed muscles, and inrease in blood flow) you will absolutely be hot for a few weeks as your body adjusts to this new healthier sleep you are experiencing. Think of the difference between a treadmill and an elliptical machine. Many treadmill enthusiasts could go "miles" on the treadmill but when confronted with the elliptical for the first time, found themselves limited to a much shortetr distance and or time. Why? More controlled and effective muscle usage and building. Same thing in a truly supportive (and comfortable) bed. Greater blood flow, more oxygen through deeper sleep and as a result much more healing throughout the body... deeper sleep means more internal working to prepare you for the next day. As all athletes can attest, you can adjust to the new routine and you lose the negative effects you experienced in the beginning.
  • Do your research on sleep and science and then see if the retailer's actual mattresses live up to YOUR expectations

Sleep Well "loel"

PS

Read Dr. Breus' blog on his website and focus on the science and effects of sleep... leave the manufacturing of the products to manufacturers.

Reply #37 Mar 27, 2012 6:06 PM
Awful, terrible.

I paid a boatload of money and cannot get a single good night's sleep. the mattress bows in like a canopy.

The company is essentially a hoax, the whole "Sleep Journal" thing is a scam, they never return your communcations once they sell you the mattress. Essentially the opposite of what they advertise.

Reply #38 Mar 27, 2012 8:55 PM
GuyMakesSense wrote:

Tons of interesting responses in this forum about Dr. Breus' beds. In my experience, the name of the person on the bed (Donald Trump, Vera Wang, Dr. Breus, etc) usually have very little to do with the actual product performance. I will say that Dr. Breus , in the area of the sleep sciences, is absolutely phenomenal... when it comes to the actual mattresses, it seems like it might be a little self-serving. I havenot tried out this line of beds yet, but I do know some of the other reponses have listed some inaccurate info.

• Polyurethane foam covers a HUGE amount of materials, including memory foam... which does not break down as fast as other types of polyurethane foams.
  • Sleeping hot many times is the individual but could also be the fact that being on a new support system that has eliminated (hopefully) many pressure points in your body. If you used to sleep with a lot of pressure points in your old bed or the bed sagged so much that your muscles were constantly working, your hands, fingers and toes were constantly cold, etc. and now find yourself level, supported, fewer to no pressure points (which result in more relaxed muscles, and inrease in blood flow) you will absolutely be hot for a few weeks as your body adjusts to this new healthier sleep you are experiencing. Think of the difference between a treadmill and an elliptical machine. Many treadmill enthusiasts could go "miles" on the treadmill but when confronted with the elliptical for the first time, found themselves limited to a much shortetr distance and or time. Why? More controlled and effective muscle usage and building. Same thing in a truly supportive (and comfortable) bed. Greater blood flow, more oxygen through deeper sleep and as a result much more healing throughout the body... deeper sleep means more internal working to prepare you for the next day. As all athletes can attest, you can adjust to the new routine and you lose the negative effects you experienced in the beginning.
  • Do your research on sleep and science and then see if the retailer's actual mattresses live up to YOUR expectations

Sleep Well "loel"

PS

Read Dr. Breus' blog on his website and focus on the science and effects of sleep... leave the manufacturing of the products to manufacturers.

FYI - Donald Trump doesn't even sleep on his own mattresses he sleeps on a Gardner Mattress from MA.

Reply #39 May 14, 2012 4:46 PM
In July 2011 I began my search for a new bed.  Trying to research, check websites, consumer product reports, personal reviews etc.... in an effort to  educate my self before such a major purchase. 

It was extremely hard to find many reviews on any of the Dr. Breus mattresses which are (or were?) sold by Urban Mattress in Colorado. 

I ended up purchasing a Cal King size Dr. Breus Signature Platimum.....(just one step up from the Signature Elite.... (my previous review had the models wrong)  such a sorry costly mistake!!!.... after tax was $4K

Since it was a Cal King, I was told up front that it was a "special order" so NO returns.... But,  I thought I was safe as I spent along time in the store during a couple of different trips and taking my time and laying on the mattresses for 30 min or so at a time.  Both the Platimum and  Elite and  were very comfortable in the store.  NO SINK HOLE feeling. 

I don't know what happened between the floor model and the one I ultimately received. (I am guessing poor assembly and lacking quality control)... again Cal King "Special Order".... 

It is way too soft (much more than the store model felt),,,, but the real problem is the SINK HOLE .  Both my husband and I sink in the "holes".   We are so, so disappointed in this very expensive mattress.  I have some lower back problems and due to this "sink hole" and therefore no support to the lower back, I wake up "crippled" each morning until I am up on my feet then my back loosens up. 

This is not a review from a brand new purchase, I purchased the mattress in August 2011.  Beware! Beware!  I have truly been suckered... by Dr. Breus and Urban Mattress.

I am now starting my a search for a new mattress, as I cannot continue to sleep like this. 

Reply #40 May 14, 2012 4:52 PM
AlexC wrote:

Awful, terrible.

I paid a boatload of money and cannot get a single good night's sleep. the mattress bows in like a canopy.

The company is essentially a hoax, the whole "Sleep Journal" thing is a scam, they never return your communcations once they sell you the mattress. Essentially the opposite of what they advertise.

I agree!!!

Reply #41 Jun 19, 2012 10:21 PM
We have owned our Dr. Breuss Mattress for about 1 1/2 years.  We were told it is the top of the line.  A queen size that set us back $2800 plus taxes.   I've always been very careful with my purchases to avoid getting suckered.  But this time....dealing with a product that I'm not familiar with....it REALLY happened.   It is too soft.....sinks in the middle.  My wife and I find ourselves battling for the middle of the bed.  I wake up every morning more tired than I was when I went to bed.  I spend the first 30 minutes of every morning in excruciating pain before I work out the kinks that this mattress causes.  I get better sleep....better rest.....and wake up with much less pain if I spend the night in my recliner.  Yep.  We got suckered.  And we really cannot afford to purchase another mattress.  Wonder if I contacted an attorney if there would be enough dissatisfied purchasers of this pile of junk to justify a class action.  Talk about fraud......wow!  I am so ashamed of letting myself get defrauded like this.

If you are shopping for a new mattress.......be very, very careful.  I wish we had been more so.

Recent Posts