Dr Breus Mattress reviews???
Nov 23, 2010 10:26 AM
We are considering purchasing one of the new Dr Breus Mattresses, but I don't like the fact that I can't find any reviews about it online.

Has anyone seen any reviews for the Dr Breus Signature Mattress???

I'm sure that he's just friends with Dr. Oz and Oprah :-)

Re: Dr Breus Mattress reviews???
Reply #7 Dec 30, 2010 8:44 PM
We bought the Signature after comparing between memory foam and latex options.  This bed seemed to be the best value.  It took about a week to adjust, we woke up sore at first but now its the best nights sleep I've ever had.  There is a temperature regulating feature my wife liked.  Overall it seems to work because neither one of us are waking up hot, compared to our old pillowtop.

Overall, I'd recommend it!  Don't expect immediate and overnight satisfaction because it took us some time but in the end its worth every penny.

Reply #8 Jan 17, 2011 1:10 PM
We bought a Dr. Breus bed 25 days ago and it still smells really intense. The first 2 weeks I could only sleep on it for half the night, then I would cough and move to the other room. I have slept well on the bed, but I have almost lost my voice from the odor. I have opened the windows in my room, which isn't that logical since it is about 20 degrees here. Does anyone know how long this smell will linger? How bad is it for me? What can I do about it? 
Reply #9 Jan 24, 2011 8:27 PM
I REALLY wanted to buy the Dr. Breus mattress, in fact, I did buy one.  Unfortunately, where I live, the only place I could buy it was Sleepy's (who I bought my last mattress from, and had customer service issues with).  Long story short, Sleepy's customer service advised me to decline the delivery (which was 2 hours late) when there were fingerprints on it (which would have voided my warranty), and they would deliver one the next day. But  they wouldn't guarantee what time, so I would have wasted yet another day waiting for the delivery truck.   Their customer service supervisor made no effort to make sure I didn't have to wait all day, and was quite condescending, so I cancelled my order.   I would buy this mattress again, though, if I could through another vendor.  There aren't many reviews because it is fairly new, people aren't familiar with latex mattresses, and this bed is only available through a small number of vendors.
Reply #10 Feb 12, 2011 10:45 PM
We bought this bed about 3 months ago. At first we loved the bed. But now it has already developed body impressions and started waking up with back and neck pain.  This was the reason we got rid of our last bed. So today we returned it and bought a tempurpedic cloud luxe. It just cost to much to develop body impressions that quickly. I would not recommend the Dr Breus Signature Mattress.
Reply #11 Feb 13, 2011 6:59 AM
someguyk7 wrote:

We bought the Signature after comparing between memory foam and latex options.  This bed seemed to be the best value.  It took about a week to adjust, we woke up sore at first but now its the best nights sleep I've ever had.  There is a temperature regulating feature my wife liked.  Overall it seems to work because neither one of us are waking up hot, compared to our old pillowtop.

Overall, I'd recommend it!  Don't expect immediate and overnight satisfaction because it took us some time but in the end its worth every penny.

I am hoping you're right - I just spent my first night NOT sleeping well at all on my new expensive Dr Breus...I'm so upset I could cry - after spending over an hour trying it out at the store, it's no where near as comfortable as the one I tried.  It's a huge investment and I can't afford the expensive return policy so I'm giving it the week you recommend...ugh

Reply #12 Feb 16, 2011 1:58 PM
ddsvi wrote:

We bought this bed about 3 months ago. At first we loved the bed. But now it has already developed body impressions and started waking up with back and neck pain.  This was the reason we got rid of our last bed. So today we returned it and bought a tempurpedic cloud luxe. It just cost to much to develop body impressions that quickly. I would not recommend the Dr Breus Signature Mattress.

Just curious. How were you able to return the bed after 3 months? I made the mistake of buying this in Nov. before finding this forum. Sleepy's has only a 21 day exchange. 

Mine also has body impressions and is very uncomfortable.  

Reply #14 Mar 30, 2011 9:29 AM
Hi! I too began to wonder about the authenticity of some of those negative posts when I was in the market for this mattress. The reviews said very little about an actual purchase - like where the mattress was purchased, or the needs of the person sleeping on the mattress - and  it always seemed to be the same negative comment – “it sags” – which I found odd, since my research found that the mattress manufactures in general offers a warranty which specifically addresses and outlines “sagging”  (FYI, I believe the Dr Breus Mattress offers a 20 Year warranty). I am pretty confident that if these people were to have their mattress inspected, and it truly does sag it would be replaced, and statements like “is a gamble on what you get” are completely False!

Also, I did find reviews on several shopping websites, and just this one site carried this mattress at 4.75 out of 5 stars: (http://www.sleepys.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/MCategory_10602_25801_-1_10551&mn) .

I know it can be frustrating asking for advice and help and only finding dead end. I would encourage you to trust in your chiropractor who understands your needs for proper mattress fitment. Possibly ask him/her if there is a comparable mattress that you could find locally, and then go and try it out. Get all the specifics of the bed you like, and then compare the specs online to get the best deal. Hope that helps! 

Also Below is what was posted in another thread to give you some factual information when doing online research about this bed

1. This is from Dr Breus Website http://www.thesleepdoctor.com/the-dr-breus-bed/
“The Dr. Breus Bed™ is constructed using three primary ingredients: tempsense™, along with multiple layers of natural Talalay Latex and High Density, Soy-based Poly-foams. These materials are manufactured in the United States… The Dr. Breus Bed™ has a 20 year limited warranty…”

2. The Talalay latex used in the beds are manufactured by Latex International. More info about sleeping on latex and their website http://www.latexfoam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70&Itemid=81

Reply #15 Apr 4, 2011 7:06 PM
These Dr.Breus beds are JUNK (and that is not the word for them), and very overpriced!!!!!!!

I owned one and there is absolutely no consistency in the manufacturing of these!!!!!

Also for all your input whomever even considers these junk, way overpriced beds, I wrote a review (or tried to on the sleepy's web site) and they called me and gave me a $75 gift card to (basically in a round about way) keep my bad review off their site!!!!!   They are the only sellers of these beds (that I could find when I purchased one) and make big $$$$$$$$$ from these beds so you will never ever see a bad review (as I wrote here) on these beds on their site!!

I do give my 2 sales people (April mostly) and my sleepy's regional manager a big THANK YOU for getting this POS mattress out of my house and get me into a Tempur pedic RhapsodyBed that is working out to be the best mattress I have slept on to date at no exchange cost to me at all, from my experience with them Sleepy's is a great company!

This message was modified Apr 4, 2011 by dfran1
Reply #16 Apr 5, 2011 8:56 AM
Hi I just purchased a Dr. Breus Monogram Gold Eurotop.  I was worried after seeing some of these reviews but woke up this morning with a great night sleep and no lower back pain which i was experiencing with my last mattress.  I find the bed to be extremely comofrtable with great support as well.  If this bed holds up i will be a very happy customer.

Recent Posts