Zippered Quilted Mattress Case
Dec 4, 2007 2:18 PM
Since I've decided to stay away from memory foam, does anyone know of a source for a zippered quilted mattress case around 12"? Something like SleepEZ uses in their mattresses and not a thin terry cloth. I'm not finding any of these online latex mattress companies selling just the case.
Re: Zippered Quilted Mattress Case
Reply #10 Dec 5, 2007 9:49 PM
ericgl wrote:
For my $270 it would need to be orgasmic.

Ditto...

Cancer is organic and I can live without that.
Reply #11 Dec 6, 2007 1:32 PM
I was simply pointing out the reason as to why Flobeds' more expensive, because otherwise it's like compairing apples to oranges. Organic fabrics are much more expensive to produce (and buy).

Now, choosing not to pay more for an organic cover is a personal decision.

Reply #12 Dec 6, 2007 1:55 PM
alibaba128 wrote:
I was simply pointing out the reason as to why Flobeds' more expensive

I know you were - we were just having a little fun with it.
Reply #13 Dec 6, 2007 2:05 PM
alibaba128 wrote:
I was simply pointing out the reason as to why Flobeds' more expensive, because otherwise it's like compairing apples to oranges. Organic fabrics are much more expensive to produce (and buy).

Now, choosing not to pay more for an organic cover is a personal decision.

Sorry Ali, it was a poor attempt at humor on my part.
Reply #14 Dec 6, 2007 2:33 PM
steve2u wrote:
I received this from foamorder.com on their Diamond Quilted Mattress Covers:

Subject: Re: Product information enquiry

Steve,

We can customize Diamond Quilted Mattress Covers in different thicknesses.  The thickness refers to the opening of the case that enclosed that mattresses.  For example, if you had a 6" foam mattress and enclosed it in a 6" covers then you would have an overall thickness of 8" due to the 2" pillow top.  You will appreciate the high-end luxury of this diamond quilted pillow top case. This case increases breathability and moisture wicking. It removes the "hot" sensation commonly caused by foam mattresses. They are constructed using extra loft fiberfill and 1" of premium natural resilient latex foam. They are warranted for 15 years not to flatten out or form body impressions. impressions. Compare this with big brand names that only use a 1.5 to  1.8 lb/ft3 foam for thousands of dollars more. The medium firmness pillow top adds an extra 2" of thickness. You may order this diamond quilted mattress case in any custom thickness, size, or shape.

The price for a new Eastern King Diamond Quilted Case in either a 12" or 10" is $351.85 plus shipping.

Seems a little expensive, but they do look nice.

Steve, unless I am reading it wrong, it appears if you order this from the clearance page, you can get it for $250.58 (item #4).
Reply #15 Dec 6, 2007 2:39 PM
Yeah, I actually saw one yesterday in a 13" (a little too thick - I would need to get 3 more inches of LUX) for about $207. I'll take a look again.

Hows the 20/32 ILD latex feeling?
Reply #16 Dec 6, 2007 7:48 PM
steve2u wrote:
Yeah, I actually saw one yesterday in a 13" (a little too thick - I would need to get 3 more inches of LUX) for about $207. I'll take a look again.

Hows the 20/32 ILD latex feeling?

It was a good night last night.  Previously I had 4" of Sensus 5.2# (IIRC) foam over 5" of JC Penney firm foam, and while I'd sink in deeply, I still had hip and shoulder pressure points.  With the new mattress I don't feel like I am sinking in at all yet the pressure points are gone.

I can feel the firmness of the Lux foam underneath the latex and the first night it bothered me.  The next day I ordered 2 inches more of 32ILD latex, this may have been a waste.  If I had to do it again, I think I'd get 2" of 20ILD and 4" of 32ILD, but it is tough to speculate whether it would get me that perfect feel.

Reply #17 Dec 9, 2007 5:44 AM
Thanks Steve. Now we finally know where we can find a "real" zippered mattress cover. When you consider foamorder has 1" of (presumably) soft latex in the quilting the price seems reasonable enough. It would also preclude the need to buy a soft latex topper since it's already built in. What's really nice is that apparently they will make it up in any size. Those of us who build our own mattresses often come up with thicknesses that aren't always accommodated by the ready-made options out there.

By the way, if you're still looking for SleepEZ's email address, you'd be better off calling them directly at 888-707-7533. SleepEz  is kind of low tech and sometime email doesn't get answered, but Shawn always returns a phone call. And don't let the email problem put you off from this company. They have a solid reputation on this forum and they are great to do business with-- as long as you do it over the phone or in person.

Reply #18 Dec 9, 2007 6:15 AM
I did talk to someone at foamorder and she mentioned the Diamond Quilted cases are really nice for the money. They have a zipper around 3 sides and can be dry cleaned. As far as the clearance section goes, I couldn't find an answer to what the difference is between "Excellent" condition and "Good" condition.
Reply #19 Jan 13, 2008 1:16 PM
ericgl wrote:
Sorry Ali, it was a poor attempt at humor on my part.

Alright, no offense taken!

Recent Posts