Zippered Quilted Mattress Case
Dec 4, 2007 2:18 PM
Since I've decided to stay away from memory foam, does anyone know of a source for a zippered quilted mattress case around 12"? Something like SleepEZ uses in their mattresses and not a thin terry cloth. I'm not finding any of these online latex mattress companies selling just the case.
Re: Zippered Quilted Mattress Case
Reply #1 Dec 4, 2007 3:30 PM
Foam Nerd
Have you asked Shawn at SleepEZ if he would sell you one?

FoamSource is another place you might check.

Reply #2 Dec 4, 2007 3:32 PM
Thanks, I'll check both.
Reply #3 Dec 4, 2007 8:06 PM
FloBeds sell covers. On their website, enter "cover" in the search box (to the right, just below the strip with all the icons), select your size and hit "go search".

However, the description for each cover doesn't mention the actual depth of it. But ask Flobeds. They do have 12" mattresses, though, so I would just ask them.

Reply #4 Dec 5, 2007 5:57 AM
If you do find a zippered mattress cover similar to SleepEZ please let us know where you found it and what you thought of it. This question has come up before and I don't recall ever seeing an actual resolution. Thanks in advance.
Reply #5 Dec 5, 2007 7:28 AM
I received this from foamorder.com on their Diamond Quilted Mattress Covers:

Subject: Re: Product information enquiry

Steve,

We can customize Diamond Quilted Mattress Covers in different thicknesses.  The thickness refers to the opening of the case that enclosed that mattresses.  For example, if you had a 6" foam mattress and enclosed it in a 6" covers then you would have an overall thickness of 8" due to the 2" pillow top.  You will appreciate the high-end luxury of this diamond quilted pillow top case. This case increases breathability and moisture wicking. It removes the "hot" sensation commonly caused by foam mattresses. They are constructed using extra loft fiberfill and 1" of premium natural resilient latex foam. They are warranted for 15 years not to flatten out or form body impressions. impressions. Compare this with big brand names that only use a 1.5 to  1.8 lb/ft3 foam for thousands of dollars more. The medium firmness pillow top adds an extra 2" of thickness. You may order this diamond quilted mattress case in any custom thickness, size, or shape.

The price for a new Eastern King Diamond Quilted Case in either a 12" or 10" is $351.85 plus shipping.

Seems a little expensive, but they do look nice.
Reply #6 Dec 5, 2007 2:38 PM
FloBeds mattress case costs $624.00! Foamorder is looking like a good price now. I couldn't find an email address for SleepEZ.
Reply #7 Dec 5, 2007 5:10 PM
Foam Nerd
Call Dewey at FloBeds and ask about the availablility of a demo cover. I was able to buy a cover from them that had been returned under their 90-night comfort guarantee. They professionally clean them and mine looked good as new.

That said, the FoamOrder case sounds like a fair deal.

Reply #8 Dec 5, 2007 7:12 PM
steve2u wrote:
FloBeds mattress case costs $624.00! Foamorder is looking like a good price now. I couldn't find an email address for SleepEZ.

Yes, but keep in mind that Flobeds' cover is organic !!!

I don't think Foamorder's is.

Reply #9 Dec 5, 2007 7:20 PM
alibaba128 wrote:
Yes, but keep in mind that Flobeds' cover is organic !!!

I don't think Foamorder's is.

For my $270 it would need to be orgasmic.
Reply #10 Dec 5, 2007 9:49 PM
ericgl wrote:
For my $270 it would need to be orgasmic.

Ditto...

Cancer is organic and I can live without that.

Recent Posts