Will new bed work with latex mattress?
Oct 26, 2007 8:15 PM
We just got  a new bed, which I chose to support the SleepEZ 10,000 mattress we have on order. One of the reasons I chose the bed was that it came with the flexible euro slat base built in. From my research, this seemed like the best support for latex mattresses.

Well, the bed arrived and it now has a "new configuration" which swapped out the 14 or 16 flexible bent slats for 10 flat slats, with about 4-5 inches of space between them. The business that sold me the bed is looking into replacing the slats with the "old" configuration - I am waiting to hear back (and crossing my fingers).

Question is, will the new slat system work with the mattress we have ordered? My fear is that there is too much space between the slats. I am thinking that if needed I could add a simple wood frame on top of the existing slats, and then put a set of flexible slats from Ikea on top of that. The bed is an Eastern King, so it needs additional center support. Of course, I would prefer not to have to go through all of that.

I am really looking forward to the new mattress - my aching 8 mo. pregnant body demands it!

Recent Posts