What would you do? Having big problems with Sleepys
Jun 1, 2011 9:17 PM
I'm going to sum this up because the full typed out saga is 2.5 pages long. 

We bought a Sleep to Live 600 from Sleepys.  The first mattress they delivered was defective and they replaced it.  The second one was nothing like the floor model and the mattress sloped from the blue side to the green side.  They tell us our only option is to do a comfort exchange but we get them to waive the fees.  We do a comfort exchange and get a Pure Latex Bliss Nature.  The PLB was delivered today.  The delivery guys got big dirt smudges on the mattress on the side that ever so conveniently was placed incorrectly up against the headboard.  I say incorrectly because the mattress was not oriented correctly and we can to rotate it 90 degerees.

After the delivery guys leave, I notice a bug.  I look up bedbugs on the internet and start to get very nervous when I realize the bug I saw looked like the bedbug images on the internet.  When my husband gets home, we rotated the mattress and unzip the mattress cover that the mattress came in to check for bedbugs.  When we unzip it, we notice that the foam has one very long continuous crack.

We called Sleepys and were told to call 1800Sleepys.  Customer service was already closed for the day, so we'll call back tomorrow.  We've now had issues with 3 mattresses from this company and they are unable to deliver a product that is not defective.  What would you do at this point?  Obviously I'm going to give them a chance to do the right thing tomorrow and just let us return the mattress and give us a refund, however, we all know that's not going to happen.  I'm thinking out only option is to file a credit card chargeback.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to handle this?

I should also mention that their delivery guys have gotten dirty hand prints on all three of the matresses of they have now delivered.  Do they do that on purpose because they know it will void the warranty or something?  I even asked the delivery guys to wash their hands 3 times today before I had to insist they do so before opening the plastic on the mattress.  Only after insisting did they put on gloves...

Recent Posts