WARNING check your Foam By Mail foam
Nov 18, 2007 3:15 PM
Most of us here know FBM (aka Foam Factory, etc.) can be quite untrustworthy. Their pink 5.5lb memory foam is really 4lb; they claim their latex is made in America (although it cannot be, since several here attest to the fact that it is not Latex International - the only US-made talalay). Now here's another thing to watch for. I've seen several posts on the cheaper-pedic thread on Fatwallet.com that report FBM almost always substitutes the lighter weight PU foam when ordering their HQ more dense foam - hoping the customer will not actually weigh it. Here's another trick. I looked on the UPS ticket for my pink memory foam, and it said 39lbs - what you'd expect a king size 5.5lb, 2" topper to weigh. But it actually weighed 29lbs (by my carefully calibrated scales.) From other older posts I've seen, they used to put the actual (lower weight), but people looked at the UPS ticket and complained. So they've gotten tricker, and now put the weight that it should be. So my suggestion is to always weigh your foam while it's in the box.

Recent Posts