Tempurpedic "Cloud" Mattress???
Dec 30, 2009 10:22 PM
Has anyone tested the new Tempurpedic Cloud series yet?  It looks like a slightly softer version of the Deluxe series, which is the one we were originally favoring.  The reasons we're leaning towards a memory foam mattress are:

1.  Our last two pillow top mattresses have been busts, as I have a bad back and constantly wake up in pain.

2.  Because I wake up in pain, I am constantly tossing and turning, which in turn wakes my wife up.

3.  90 day trial period is a great way to hedge your investment

Re: Tempurpedic "Cloud" Mattress???
Reply #40 Apr 9, 2010 3:22 PM
My husband and I bought a Cloud a couple of weeks ago and we absolutely love it. It is softer than the other Tempur versions, but it still has TONS of firmness and support at the same time.  I too, like many, have back problems and no longer have back pain when I wake in the mornings.  I wake more rested and dont toss and turn at all anymore.  Once i begin to settle in for the night, I look forward to going to bed becaue the mattress is that awesome.

Just a word of warning, the 90-day free trial has its good and bad points.  You get to sleep on the mattress for 90 days...if you change your mind and decide you don't want it...you can't just return it.  You have to trade it in on something at equal or lesser value (if you want a mor expensive mattress..they will apply the cost of the one you are exchanging and you will pay the difference.)  You can returnthe mattress as well - but are required to pay a 20% restocking fee which will result in around a $600 charge to return the mattress..  Just beware of the limitations of the "free trial". 

Reply #41 Apr 9, 2010 3:46 PM
Sclines2595 wrote:

My husband and I bought a Cloud a couple of weeks ago and we absolutely love it. It is softer than the other Tempur versions, but it still has TONS of firmness and support at the same time.  I too, like many, have back problems and no longer have back pain when I wake in the mornings.  I wake more rested and dont toss and turn at all anymore.  Once i begin to settle in for the night, I look forward to going to bed becaue the mattress is that awesome.

Just a word of warning, the 90-day free trial has its good and bad points.  You get to sleep on the mattress for 90 days...if you change your mind and decide you don't want it...you can't just return it.  You have to trade it in on something at equal or lesser value (if you want a mor expensive mattress..they will apply the cost of the one you are exchanging and you will pay the difference.)  You can returnthe mattress as well - but are required to pay a 20% restocking fee which will result in around a $600 charge to return the mattress..  Just beware of the limitations of the "free trial". 

Did you buy from direct from Tempur-pedic online? When I called they said there was no restocking fee, only the return shipping.

After reading your post, I just called TP direct at 888-225-7974. The phone number on the Kit they sent me along with a DVD and certificate for trial. The representitive I spoke with reiterated, "Return shipping only. For most models it's 175.00". He also said, "Any store that tells you there is a restocking fee is flat out lying. Though it may be the store's policy, it is NOT Tempur-pedic policy."

On a brighter note, I'm really glad you love it and sincerely hope it continues to give you painfree nights. I really loved, and I mean loved, the feel of mine and wish had worked out for me. Even though it didn't, I still have TP envy. wink

Reply #42 Apr 12, 2010 12:16 AM
I am in the market for a new bed and as have seen all the TP commercials. My husband weighs around 280, disabled, has had a leg amputated and has alot of back pain, I weigh around 300 and have pressure point pain, hips, shoulder when I try to sleep, I bought a sealy about 2 years ago and we are both are miserable, I can never get a good night sleep, I was reading about  the Cloud TP but not sure now, can anyone suggest which TP would be the best with our weights, we are on a limited budget so the most expensive isn't an option??

Thanks,

Ginger

Reply #43 Apr 12, 2010 12:56 AM
Hello Ginger,

I hate to be the one to say this.  But realistically the vast majority of the bad reviews on this mattress are coming from those that are a little bit heavier set.  I really doubt the 4.0lb foam's ability to be supportive for you, probably the only TP models that would be are the most expensive ones.  I think if you want to keep cost within reason you may want to strongly consider an all latex mattress as they can support a lot more weight and it seems like in the US the pricing is going to start in the same basic range.  You may want to check out Flobeds, or Savvyrest.  Other good options for the price look like Sam's Club or Costco (when available)

Reply #44 Apr 12, 2010 2:24 AM
I agree with Budgy, the Tempurpedic Cloud is probably not for you as at your weight, you'll both need a firmer mattress that has some resiliance to give pressure point relief.  I highly recommend trying an all latex mattress.

I bought mine from Flobeds, and I do think it's important to get a latex mattress from a company that allows you to tailor the firmness level of the latex to suit body weight, sleeping position, medical concerns, etc., but if you are really constrained on price there are two latex beds from Costco and Sam's Club that might fit the bill:

Costco:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11503506&search=latex%20mattress&Mo=23&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=latex%20mattress&Ntt=latex%20mattress&No=3&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

This is just the twin, they have other sizes

Sam's Club:

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=457139&pCatg=6805

and again, they have other sizes.

If you do go tempurpedic, I am tall, heavy, and have back issues.  I tried the Tempurpedics on the showroom floor for many months and basically came to the same conclusion Budgy states:  for a heavy person only the very top models will work.  Those are so much more expensive than a latex mattress, if budget is a concern, you might do better with latex.  Personally, I like it better anyway.

Reply #45 Apr 12, 2010 3:39 PM
Thanks sooooo much all, that is what I really wanted to know. I had never heard of latex but I am going to check it out. Of course my husband saw that the "Biggest Loser" uses the TP beds, but I'm sure they are the most expensive TP has.

Thanks again,

Ginger

Reply #46 Apr 14, 2010 1:27 AM
Kimberly,

Thanks so much for the links, I looked at those and also went to Flobeds.com where you said you got yours, may I ask which one you have and does it help alot on the pressure points??

Ginger

Reply #47 Apr 15, 2010 3:40 AM
Ginger,

This is a memory foam mattress for people 300-400 lbs. They also have one for people 250-300 lbs.

http://www.allmemoryfoam.com/ultra400.html

It is $1244 for queen including mattress protector and pillow.

Reply #48 Apr 15, 2010 11:02 AM
I bought the Posture Deluxe Talalay Mattress:

http://www.flobeds.com/latex/index.htm

FYI, I weigh >250, side sleeper, and before I bought the latex mattress I had terrible hip and back pain, with numbness and tingling too.  It was impossible to get a good night's sleep, I'd be tossing and turning and waking up in pain all night long, dragged out and exhausted during the day.

Now, I sleep pain free all night and sleep better than I have in years.   I do have the occasional twinge, but nothing remotely close to the pain I was in before.  The bed is a dream to lie and sleep on.  it's tough to get out of bed in the morning smiley

My configuration is currently F (32 ILD) over XF (36 ILD) over XF (36 ILD) and there is a 2" soft topper over the entire mattress.  Originally I had XF/XF/XF, but after some months I decided that was just a little too firm, and so I switched a layer with my husband, so he now has the XF/XF/XF and I have F/XF/XF.

This configuration provides plenty of support and just enough softness for pressure point relief.

The benefit of Flobeds over the Costco or Sam's Club mattress is that the mattress has three layers of latex (plus the topper).  Each latex layer can be custom ordered for the firmness you want, and if it isn't right, it's super easy to exchange layers for softer/firmer - whatever you need.  And you have 90 days to do all your switching, or return the whole thing if it isn't for you (in this respect, Flobeds equals Temperpedic).

With the Costco and Sam's Club, the price is lower but it only comes in one firmness configuration - you get what you get, though you can return it if it isn't right.  I've decided to get the Sam's Club one for my daughter, though I haven't pulled the trigger yet.  She isn't old and achy and doesn't need all the options I needed.

Whatever you do get, I would recommend getting a nice organic cotton and wool cover for the mattress.  The cotton will be soft, the wool will have anti-mite and bed bug properties, it will help keep you warm in winter and cool in summer.

Reply #49 Apr 15, 2010 12:01 PM
DeeAgeaux wrote:

Ginger,

This is a memory foam mattress for people 300-400 lbs. They also have one for people 250-300 lbs.

http://www.allmemoryfoam.com/ultra400.html

It is $1244 for queen including mattress protector and pillow.

according to the product description its 2" of "latex" over an 8" foam core.......

Recent Posts