Is the Tempur Cloud-Luxe worth the extra $1,,000 over Cloud Supreme?
Jul 17, 2011 7:46 PM
After tons of trying mattresses out in the stores, crunching numbers, weighing the pros & cons of each mattress on paper & in real life & trying to find/talk myself into something that is not $3,500, I'm going to have to go with the Tempur Cloud Supreme or Rhapsody. I was hoping the iComfort Revolution or Dormia would suffice, but the Dormia had way too much motion transfer & the iComfort gave me the hammock feeling & I'm a skinny guy at 130 lbs.

Anyway, I think I'll buy the Cloud Supreme & try it for at least 30 days & exchange it for the Rhapsody if need be. However, before I do buy anything I wanted to see if anyone could chime in on the Cloud-Luixe. Looks like it has a layer of the HD foam under the top layer and that seems to be the only difference vs the Supreme. Is the Luxe really worth the extra $1,000?

Re: Is the Tempur Cloud-Luxe worth the extra $1,,000 over Cloud Supreme?
Reply #4 Jul 19, 2011 9:52 PM
No one?
Reply #5 Jul 20, 2011 2:14 PM
I bought a split King tempurpedic, one side is a rhapsody and the other side is the cloud luxe. My wife preferred the rhapsody feel and I liked the cloud luxe. I choose the cloud luxe because I thought I could feel a slight difference in support, I thought more support maybe because of the HD layer but honestly, it was all in my head, if you blind folded me, I doubt I would be able to tell the difference. If price is a factor, go with the supreme and use that $1000 for something else. Utimately for me, the price difference was very small, you can read a previous thread on why and hence I went with the Luxe.
Reply #6 Jul 20, 2011 9:21 PM
moolman wrote:

I bought a split King tempurpedic, one side is a rhapsody and the other side is the cloud luxe. My wife preferred the rhapsody feel and I liked the cloud luxe. I choose the cloud luxe because I thought I could feel a slight difference in support, I thought more support maybe because of the HD layer but honestly, it was all in my head, if you blind folded me, I doubt I would be able to tell the difference. If price is a factor, go with the supreme and use that $1000 for something else. Utimately for me, the price difference was very small, you can read a previous thread on why and hence I went with the Luxe.

So you ordered a custom Tempur? How much did that cost & how long was the wait time? I didn't know you could do that.

Reply #7 Jul 21, 2011 9:35 AM
if your not poor and humble, then whats the point? - Terence Mckenna
i think he may be talking about two twin xl put together
Reply #8 Jul 21, 2011 2:30 PM
So I am about 75 days into my Cloude Luxe. I got a good deal on it which pushed me over the edge into buying it.  I like the mattress, my wife loves it.  I am sending it back because after about 2 months the feel changed.  I think the ES foam has too much give and as it naturally degrades a little bit over time (all foam softens), I get the sensation that I am sleeping in a hole with my arms too elevated.  I now get lower back pain in the morning which forces me to get out of bed. 

I DO sleep very well on it, but the fact that I get pain in the morning tells me I should be doing something different.  I do like the bed and I do like Tempurpedics.  I am thinking of the Rhapsody bed at this point.  If you are near Boston, I will give you a deal you cant refuse on my King Size tempurpedic ;)

Reply #9 Jul 21, 2011 9:35 PM
robster wrote:

So I am about 75 days into my Cloude Luxe. I got a good deal on it which pushed me over the edge into buying it.  I like the mattress, my wife loves it.  I am sending it back because after about 2 months the feel changed.  I think the ES foam has too much give and as it naturally degrades a little bit over time (all foam softens), I get the sensation that I am sleeping in a hole with my arms too elevated.  I now get lower back pain in the morning which forces me to get out of bed. 

I DO sleep very well on it, but the fact that I get pain in the morning tells me I should be doing something different.  I do like the bed and I do like Tempurpedics.  I am thinking of the Rhapsody bed at this point.  If you are near Boston, I will give you a deal you cant refuse on my King Size tempurpedic ;)

Wish I was. I'm in PA. What kind of deal? I thought Tempur set the prices & what we see on the price tag in all stores is the price regardless.

Reply #10 Jul 22, 2011 1:30 PM
I'm in the same back pain deliemma as with my Cloud Luxe but to fair, I recently moved and I might have tweaked it during the move. Was sleeping on a aerobed until I got my bed and was getting the same back pain, now sleeping on the Cloud Luxe, I get back pain sometimes when I wake up. No pain all day but sore in the morning until I get going. The best feels super comfortable when lying in it but waking up in pain isn't ideal. So yes, we bought a split king, meaning two Twin XL beds pushed together, my wife has a rhapsody so I slept on that for a couple of days, I started to get even worse back pain. The weird thing is the back pain isn't contant, some mornings I have it and others I don't. Never experienced back pain sleeping before my move and before I got the new beds. I'm 33 and relatively fit. So I can't get relief from the soft Cloud Luxe or Hard Rhapsody... I may have to return the bed but the both beds causing back pain is perplexing me. I slept on the classic original tempurpedic for at least 5 years before I got married, so I am used to memory foam.

As for pricing, places do discount but if they get caught, they may lose their dealership. But it is possible, I got a big discount but I won't reveal it to anyone on the internet since I don't want them to get caught.

Reply #11 Jul 24, 2011 12:45 AM
moolman wrote:

I'm in the same back pain deliemma as with my Cloud Luxe but to fair, I recently moved and I might have tweaked it during the move. Was sleeping on a aerobed until I got my bed and was getting the same back pain, now sleeping on the Cloud Luxe, I get back pain sometimes when I wake up. No pain all day but sore in the morning until I get going. The best feels super comfortable when lying in it but waking up in pain isn't ideal. So yes, we bought a split king, meaning two Twin XL beds pushed together, my wife has a rhapsody so I slept on that for a couple of days, I started to get even worse back pain. The weird thing is the back pain isn't contant, some mornings I have it and others I don't. Never experienced back pain sleeping before my move and before I got the new beds. I'm 33 and relatively fit. So I can't get relief from the soft Cloud Luxe or Hard Rhapsody... I may have to return the bed but the both beds causing back pain is perplexing me. I slept on the classic original tempurpedic for at least 5 years before I got married, so I am used to memory foam.

As for pricing, places do discount but if they get caught, they may lose their dealership. But it is possible, I got a big discount but I won't reveal it to anyone on the internet since I don't want them to get caught.

Send me an email then? victrola901 @ yahoo . com - Without the spaces obviously. The split king is a nice idea, but I don't want a seam in the middle of my bed.

I got to try the Luxe & Supreme back to back today. Definitely felt the difference, but is the Luxe worth $1,000 more? I am not so sure. I was expecting the Luxe to be a tad more firm than it was due to it having the HD foam layer.

I also tried all the spring mattresses in the store. A couple pillowtops were not too bad & I know they have wiggle room on price. Still no idea what I will end up buying. This is a lot of $ & the retailers or manufacturers do everything they can to not let you make an informed decision. I guess I could always buy a pillowtop spring & if it does not work for me, exchange it for the Cloud Supreme & then if still no good, exchange that for the Luxe & then just return it all together if I am still not satisfied. No matter what I do, I will keep my current mattress in case I do have to return whatever I buy. Can't be caught with no bed.

Reply #12 Jul 24, 2011 1:38 AM
Pillowtop mattress get poor reviews.  The foam in the pillowtops breaks down quickly.  Do not purchase a pillowtop mattress.
Reply #13 Jul 24, 2011 10:45 AM
Just adding my vote to what sleepswithcats says. Do not buy a pillowtop. As tempting as they are, that cloud-like feeling will very quickly deteriorate. You'll end up sleeping in a hole and go through hell trying to get your warranty honored.

Recent Posts