Is the Tempur Cloud-Luxe worth the extra $1,,000 over Cloud Supreme?
Jul 17, 2011 7:46 PM
After tons of trying mattresses out in the stores, crunching numbers, weighing the pros & cons of each mattress on paper & in real life & trying to find/talk myself into something that is not $3,500, I'm going to have to go with the Tempur Cloud Supreme or Rhapsody. I was hoping the iComfort Revolution or Dormia would suffice, but the Dormia had way too much motion transfer & the iComfort gave me the hammock feeling & I'm a skinny guy at 130 lbs.

Anyway, I think I'll buy the Cloud Supreme & try it for at least 30 days & exchange it for the Rhapsody if need be. However, before I do buy anything I wanted to see if anyone could chime in on the Cloud-Luixe. Looks like it has a layer of the HD foam under the top layer and that seems to be the only difference vs the Supreme. Is the Luxe really worth the extra $1,000?

Re: Is the Tempur Cloud-Luxe worth the extra $1,,000 over Cloud Supreme?
Reply #1 Jul 18, 2011 12:41 PM
Cloud luxe is $3,150 twin xl set  and has .75" more ES, and HD under that plus 1.25" more core foam

Cloud Supreme is $2,450 twin xl set , so $700 difference.

Both are out of my price range.  I've never had a memory foam bed before and did not want to try it up in that range.

Just going to throw this out there before you purchase,

Have you ever been able to try and 'organic' bed with latex for comfort layer?  The reason I ask is I found my way to Palo Alto, CA, the Natural Mattress Store.  At first I thought it was like 'foo foo' beds - expensive but not much comfort.  Tell you what, I could not believe how insanely comfortable that combo of 3" natural talalay latex with wool and cotton cover, all over their coils.  Their twin mattress was $1600, Queen, $2100 for Clarity.  They have 3 nice stores in Bay Area, and they want customer to try the beds, not have people call up and guess which bed to get.

Reason I didn't go this route is a twin xl mattress would have been $1750. I would likely spend $290 on box spring.  next time around, not this time though.

If you have a chance, and you have a place like this near you, I would HIGHLY recommend checking it out before getting into anything else.  There is something very special about high-quality Latex.  Latex is kinda heavy so you wouldn't want more than about 4" of it, so it's for comfort layer.

This message was modified Jul 18, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #2 Jul 18, 2011 12:53 PM
slpngoc wrote:

Cloud luxe is $3,150 twin xl set  and has .75" more ES, and HD under that plus 1.25" more core foam

Cloud Supreme is $2,450 twin xl set , so $700 difference.

Both are out of my price range.  I've never had a memory foam bed before and did not want to try it up in that range.

Just going to throw this out there before you purchase,

Have you ever been able to try and 'organic' bed with latex for comfort layer?  The reason I ask is I found my way to Palo Alto, CA, the Natural Mattress Store.  At first I thought it was like 'foo foo' beds - expensive but not much comfort.  Tell you what, I could not believe how insanely comfortable that combo of 3" natural talalay latex with wool and cotton cover, all over their coils.  Their twin mattress was $1600, Queen, $2100 for Clarity.  They have 3 nice stores in Bay Area, and they want customer to try the beds, not have people call up and guess which bed to get.

Reason I didn't go this route is a twin xl mattress would have been $1750. I would likely spend $290 on box spring.  next time around, not this time though.

If you have a chance, and you have a place like this near you, I would HIGHLY recommend checking it out before getting into anything else.  There is something very special about high-quality Latex.  Latex is kinda heavy so you wouldn't want more than about 4" of it, so it's for comfort layer.

I tried latex mattresses. They didn't feel good to me. I'm buying a King. $3,500 for Cloud Supreme $4,500 for Cloud-Luxe.

Reply #3 Jul 18, 2011 1:01 PM
tompa wrote:

I tried latex mattresses. They didn't feel good to me. I'm buying a King. $3,500 for Cloud Supreme $4,500 for Cloud-Luxe.

Ok, Just wanted to throw this out there ...

did you try the iComfort Genius?  Reason I say is because Genius is the firmest of all of them.  Top layer is the gel, but under that is a firmer layer, forgot what they call it.  I've tried Genius in 2 stores and both the same, firmer feel.

Not to harp in iComfort, but  the price is quite a bit easier than TP.

And not to harp on Latex either, but I've tried the Laura Ashley latex at Sears, yuck, Simmons Natural Care latex, just ok.  I already spoke about the Eco-Cloud / Clarity above.  Sorry you don't have a store like that around.

This message was modified Jul 18, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #4 Jul 19, 2011 9:52 PM
No one?
Reply #5 Jul 20, 2011 2:14 PM
I bought a split King tempurpedic, one side is a rhapsody and the other side is the cloud luxe. My wife preferred the rhapsody feel and I liked the cloud luxe. I choose the cloud luxe because I thought I could feel a slight difference in support, I thought more support maybe because of the HD layer but honestly, it was all in my head, if you blind folded me, I doubt I would be able to tell the difference. If price is a factor, go with the supreme and use that $1000 for something else. Utimately for me, the price difference was very small, you can read a previous thread on why and hence I went with the Luxe.
Reply #6 Jul 20, 2011 9:21 PM
moolman wrote:

I bought a split King tempurpedic, one side is a rhapsody and the other side is the cloud luxe. My wife preferred the rhapsody feel and I liked the cloud luxe. I choose the cloud luxe because I thought I could feel a slight difference in support, I thought more support maybe because of the HD layer but honestly, it was all in my head, if you blind folded me, I doubt I would be able to tell the difference. If price is a factor, go with the supreme and use that $1000 for something else. Utimately for me, the price difference was very small, you can read a previous thread on why and hence I went with the Luxe.

So you ordered a custom Tempur? How much did that cost & how long was the wait time? I didn't know you could do that.

Reply #7 Jul 21, 2011 9:35 AM
if your not poor and humble, then whats the point? - Terence Mckenna
i think he may be talking about two twin xl put together
Reply #8 Jul 21, 2011 2:30 PM
So I am about 75 days into my Cloude Luxe. I got a good deal on it which pushed me over the edge into buying it.  I like the mattress, my wife loves it.  I am sending it back because after about 2 months the feel changed.  I think the ES foam has too much give and as it naturally degrades a little bit over time (all foam softens), I get the sensation that I am sleeping in a hole with my arms too elevated.  I now get lower back pain in the morning which forces me to get out of bed. 

I DO sleep very well on it, but the fact that I get pain in the morning tells me I should be doing something different.  I do like the bed and I do like Tempurpedics.  I am thinking of the Rhapsody bed at this point.  If you are near Boston, I will give you a deal you cant refuse on my King Size tempurpedic ;)

Reply #9 Jul 21, 2011 9:35 PM
robster wrote:

So I am about 75 days into my Cloude Luxe. I got a good deal on it which pushed me over the edge into buying it.  I like the mattress, my wife loves it.  I am sending it back because after about 2 months the feel changed.  I think the ES foam has too much give and as it naturally degrades a little bit over time (all foam softens), I get the sensation that I am sleeping in a hole with my arms too elevated.  I now get lower back pain in the morning which forces me to get out of bed. 

I DO sleep very well on it, but the fact that I get pain in the morning tells me I should be doing something different.  I do like the bed and I do like Tempurpedics.  I am thinking of the Rhapsody bed at this point.  If you are near Boston, I will give you a deal you cant refuse on my King Size tempurpedic ;)

Wish I was. I'm in PA. What kind of deal? I thought Tempur set the prices & what we see on the price tag in all stores is the price regardless.

Reply #10 Jul 22, 2011 1:30 PM
I'm in the same back pain deliemma as with my Cloud Luxe but to fair, I recently moved and I might have tweaked it during the move. Was sleeping on a aerobed until I got my bed and was getting the same back pain, now sleeping on the Cloud Luxe, I get back pain sometimes when I wake up. No pain all day but sore in the morning until I get going. The best feels super comfortable when lying in it but waking up in pain isn't ideal. So yes, we bought a split king, meaning two Twin XL beds pushed together, my wife has a rhapsody so I slept on that for a couple of days, I started to get even worse back pain. The weird thing is the back pain isn't contant, some mornings I have it and others I don't. Never experienced back pain sleeping before my move and before I got the new beds. I'm 33 and relatively fit. So I can't get relief from the soft Cloud Luxe or Hard Rhapsody... I may have to return the bed but the both beds causing back pain is perplexing me. I slept on the classic original tempurpedic for at least 5 years before I got married, so I am used to memory foam.

As for pricing, places do discount but if they get caught, they may lose their dealership. But it is possible, I got a big discount but I won't reveal it to anyone on the internet since I don't want them to get caught.

Recent Posts