New Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe
Sep 6, 2010 12:28 AM
Has anyone tried the new model yet?  I plan to test it out tomorrow.  Relax the back has them exclusively for a month I believe.  I'm 6' 210lb. and did not think the cloud supreme was going to offer enough support.  However, the cloud luxe is a thicker mattress and actually has a layer of hd-tempur underneath.  I'm currently considering the Rhapsody and Allura.
This message was modified Sep 6, 2010 by Brad_G
Re: New Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe
Reply #6 Dec 5, 2010 2:58 AM
Nice post!

I can tell that you're one of the "I love Tempurpedic" camp :)

I'm curious though, if you found a memory foam mattress that provided the same benefit, feel, and durability with different memory foam, would you feel the same or is it Tempur-pedic itself. That's why I was curious about whether you had tried any others of similar quality, density, and construction.

As you know from your previous stint here, there are a lot of people here who use memory foam in their mattress construction and they are always trying to gain insight into the unique qualities of each different type of foam and anyone who has compared them directly (rather than just generically) would have some really valuable information to contribute.

My own thoughts are (and bear in mind that I do like the feel of certain latex/memory foam combinations but in general I'm not a memory foam "fan") that Tempur was at one time the only way to really know what you were buying and because they were so widely available and had a consistent predictable feel, they were a "safe" memory foam option in spite of their much higher price.

Now though, they are not the only high quality memory foam option available and yet they remain among the most expensive. Do you believe they would be worth their premium price if there really was other equally high quality memory foams with a similar feel at a lower price?

Phoenix

This message was modified Dec 5, 2010 by Phoenix
Reply #7 Dec 5, 2010 6:35 AM
Phoenix,  I like your posts. they are informative and interesting and very intelligent.  Your interest lies in an area that is not mine however.

Your questions are so subjective and hypothetical I do not know how to reply.  In truth, I got my bed six years ago, and never have visited this forum since that time.

I have not been in the market for a mattress so I am ignorant about all that has happened in terms of memory foam etc. So I am not a good person to ask these things about.

I recently decided to order an advanced Ergo system. And that got me looking in a store to check out new Tempurpedics. I landed on that Allura which, to me is well worth the money.

But that is because I know what the Tempurpedic has done for me in my life. And I think that Allura is very very special.

I don't know about cheaper and would i buy. I can't answer that. I have not seen any of the beds you are referring to.  So I am ignorant on that subject.

What I know about is Tempurpedic. and I am in now proudly in that camp, true. You nailed me there. But I haven't investigated other memory foam beds. So I can't comment.

I love my Deluxe and the Allura caught my eye. But i do not have that much to add to that particular discussion you are referring to.  Simply because I am not that interested in other memory foam beds.

I definitely will keep my Deluxe forever. Or I might investigate this Allura, because it really spoke to me personally.  I now have a big history with Tempurpedic. And brand loyalty is a well known commodity. 

I have grown to trust Tempurpedic. so that definitely plays a part now.

If you had asked me before I bought my Deluxe, it would have been a whole different story. But now I trust Tempurpedic so much, it would take a lot for me to buy memory foam from someone else. Unless it was proven to be better and cheaper.  Right now, I have not heard of any. But that's only because, as I said, I have not been looking or have had any interest in that since I got my bed. Sorry I can't be of more help here with that. I am sure there are so me very knowledgeable people here who can comment on that much better than i can. thanks for asking though. i appreciate that.  

This message was modified Dec 5, 2010 by everyman
Reply #8 Dec 5, 2010 8:48 AM
Wow, what positive affirmations for the Deluxe Tempurpedic from "Everyman".  Reassuring since i just purchased one, however,  i am having pretty bad low back pain after sleeping on it for only 3 nights.  First night was great then back pain started.  I understand your recommendation to give it a full 30 days, but isn't this an ominous sign of having low back pain right off the bat or is this part of the adjustment period?  I love the feel of the deluxe, very comfortable everywhere but my low back.   Do you have any insight on this Everyman?!  Thank you!
Reply #9 Dec 5, 2010 1:47 PM
ahindt, hang in there. i hated it for four weeks.i was ready to send it back too. but that guy jeff kept saying he and his wife hated it also. he told me to persevere and it was almost like clock work.  at the end of 4 weeks it just changed for me and all of a sudden my aches and pains went away.  now, of course, i am not a mattress salesman like that guy was. so i do not have any experience with anybody personally, except me and that guy. but he said i'd grow to love it. and i did after four weeks. i know that seems like forever with you. but your body is adjusting to a whole new way of sleeping. and of getting acclimated to the sleep surface. i know it is scary. and i know how you must feel, like this is impossible.  but i am telling you i had terrible complaints at first and it is too soon to tell.  i know that back pain is the worst thing imaginable. and if you are tempted to send it back, please do so.  but i can only tell  you that i had terrible pains at first and hated the bed. mistrusted the bed. and thought it was not going to work at all. if i can find some of what i wrote to him i will be glad to post it. i saw his letters to me.  but i can't seem to find mine to him.  let me see if i can so you can see how badly i felt. but if i can't find them, please know it hurt me tremendously.  when he wrote back to hang in there i was skeptical to say the least. but i think i had to keep it at least for thirty days.  so i kept doing it. try not to be discouraged. he said three or four days was nothing and you could not tell even in two weeks or three weeks. so try to let his words guide you.  he had only two comfort exchanges in an entire year and he sold tons of them.   describe where your pains are.  talk to me about them. i am interested. and i would love to help you through this.  i am no expert, mind you.  he at least had tons of experience.  but i remember he said he and his wife both did not like it for at least 3 weeks, maybe four. just think, this could turn out to be the best bed  you ever slept in.  how severe is the pain ahindt?  you can private message me here if you want to keep a running dialogue. or just keep it here in the forum. either way, i am here for you.  i truly hope this works out for you.  i know you absolutely can't see how it will, but i was the exact same way. i remember that. i thought it would be impossible.  if that is any help.  let me know. write back. thanks.
Reply #10 Dec 5, 2010 2:00 PM
OK, THANKS  for the encouragement!  I will hang in there.  I'm afraid the deluxe may be too soft and not offer enough lumbar support(as i feel my hips sinking in too much), but i will give it some more time.  I had extremely high hopes for this mattress.  Hopefully i will not be disappointed!
Reply #11 Dec 5, 2010 2:29 PM
In all honesty, I am not sure that the Deluxe is for you if you feel that way. That does not mean any Tempurpedic would be that way for you.  Stay clear of the Clouds. I would seriously look at the Allura and the Rhapsody.  Those two beds are very supportive. The guy I talked to yesterday and the guy with the hip replacements who is only 30 years old said the Allura is a godsend to him. He said that the neck and hips would be supported very much more than even my Deluxe. At least check it out in the store and see what you think. I am strongly considering the Allura, even though my Deluxe is fine for me.   Let me know what you think about it. I am very interested. The guy emphasized three times how supportive the Allura is for necks and hips and still soft for them.  I am going to a store today to try it again.   But hang in there with the Deluxe. It worked beautifully for me in about a month. I was hating it up until then. And I almost sent it back several times.
Reply #12 Dec 5, 2010 2:48 PM
by the way ahindt,  i had to really find the right pillow for it too. that was a huge problem and hurting my back. consider that. i also walked all over the bed. the woman at tempurpedic told me to do that. i don't know if it will make it too soft for you or not.  but it helped me. i just know i hated it for four weeks. and lo and behold, he became magical. i firmly believe that there is the right tempurpedic for you. the deluxe may in face be too soft.  did you try the allura or rhapsody. or some of the somewhat firmer ones?  you should at least familiarize yourself with them.   i am so sorry to hear of your back pain.i know how debilitating it can be. i had a simmons beautyrest that aligned me for awhile and then i woke up in pain every single day.  i bought a sealy reflexions venice beach latex that almost put me in the hospital.  and the deluxe from tempurpedic was a nightmare for me for four weeks. so i do understand how disappointing all this is. but i did have remarkable turnaround in four weeks. i hope that works.  if it does not, i strongly suggest you looking into the allura or rhapsody.  or i guess you can just return it and get your money back. but i would certainly hang in there for 30 days.  you have barely slept on it yet.  did you walk on it?  to loosen it up? i know what you mean by soft.  but it still gives me the support i need. and i have terrible hip and back problems.  and make sure you have the right pillow. i absolutely hated hated hated the neck pillows from tempurpedic. they were totally wrong for me. i love the classic or comfort pillow. i forget the name.  it is the one that looks like a normal pillow but has a big indentation right in the center of it.  that is the pillow i swear by.   of course, this is all very subjective for all of us. i am just giving you my experience.  

Reply #13 Dec 5, 2010 4:26 PM
"Your questions are so subjective and hypothetical I do not know how to reply."

In not knowing how to reply you actually did reply :)

It's a shame that you didn't have the chance to try other options (for the sake of other forum members) but if I was in your shoes I would probably have the same brand loyalty you did. In a way I do except my brand is more generic (local and regional manufacturers and "do it yourself" constructions) than specific.

I think that in many cases brand loyalty is well warranted in the case of a good quality manufacturer as it certainly can save a lot of research and time in making choices and decisions, even if it does cost more.

Thank you for your equally open and responsive replies.

Phoenix

This message was modified Dec 5, 2010 by Phoenix
Reply #14 Dec 5, 2010 5:11 PM
Well because TP is so high in cost is why I chose Sealy at the time, unknowing that Sealy was on the way down because of their low quality.  Never anymore S brands in my house.  The salesman at the time gave me his opinion that Sealy was just as good as TP, and it was comparable to the 5.5 lb memory foam, so he said.  This was over 2 years ago now.

Also the smell of memory foam will forever turn me off.  Not sure if TP smells as bad as Sealy but my guess is it does.   But I can fully respect those that like them.  If they would list the ILD more clearly at the showroom for each mattress that would help.

But I am into build it yourself for now.  Like anything reallly works for us problem people, LOL.

I am glad for those that are able to use TP and love them.

This message was modified Dec 5, 2010 by Leo3
Reply #15 Dec 7, 2010 8:03 PM
I've had my Rhapsody for 3 months now, and still love it. I didn't realize how much I loved it until I went away for a few days and slept on a spring mattress and woke up sore every day, and could hardly get comfy so I didn't get much sleep. Ever since I've been back on my Rhapsody, I'm sleeping so good again!

Most of the smell is gone from my TP now. There's still a slight smell but not bad. Compared to the memory foam sold at Walmart, which I had a pillow of the same brand that still stinks 5 years later, the TP smell dissipated much faster.

I still haven't tried the Cloud Luxe. Next time I'm near a mattress store, I'm going to check it out, just out of curiosity.

Recent Posts