New Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe
Sep 6, 2010 12:28 AM
Has anyone tried the new model yet?  I plan to test it out tomorrow.  Relax the back has them exclusively for a month I believe.  I'm 6' 210lb. and did not think the cloud supreme was going to offer enough support.  However, the cloud luxe is a thicker mattress and actually has a layer of hd-tempur underneath.  I'm currently considering the Rhapsody and Allura.
This message was modified Sep 6, 2010 by Brad_G
Re: New Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe
Reply #1 Sep 10, 2010 1:37 AM
This looks like an interesting bed. Have you tried it yet? I had a Cloud Supreme before I bought my Rhapsody, and it was great for my shoulders but not enough support for my hips and lower back so I was waking up with back pain. It sounds like this new Cloud Luxe might be the answer to this problem. Too late for me though, as I already bought the Rhapsody. Wish I'd have known they were coming out with the Luxe, then I'd have waited until I could compare it to the Rhapsody.
This message was modified Sep 10, 2010 by tnpd
Reply #2 Dec 4, 2010 7:12 PM
hi brad, i had a long talk with a great guy from tempurpedic about this.  i now own a deluxe which i have had for six years and still going strong. i am crazy about it. but i stopped in a store just to check out new models and i could not believe the new ones.  wow.  i could not decide between the cloud luxe and the allura.  very very different in feel.  i loved the cloud luxe but it was soft. and i just loved it.  the allura was firm. and unbelievably almost zen like in it calm steady support.

the guy at tempurpedic strongly recommended the allura to me personally given my back issues.  he said that over time the luxe might actually start to hurt me because it is so much softer.  he said the allura would do wonders in supporting my shoulders and hips.  and he said in time it would really pay off for me.  so i am passing this on to you. 

the allura, to me, anyway, seemed like it had a hugely substantial support system that would last for years.  it was like no other tempurpedic i have ever been on.   one mattress store guy who is in his thirties had two hip replacements, even at his age. he was young and vital looking and hard to believe he had so much trouble.  he swore up and down about how the allura was a godsend to him.  

even thought my deluxe is fantastic. i love it. and i have had no back issues with it even as it has softened a little in the past six years,  i am strongly drawn to the new allura.   it is right under the grand bed in terms of quality.  please really give this bed a chance.

all that being said, i have something else i want to add.  these beds are radically different from regular beds.  there is definitely a break in and adjustment period. my deluxe took me a full month. i hated it during that time. it hurt me. i met someone online that kept encouraging me to hang in there. so i did.  and it was the best thing i ever did.  that bed has been the greatest bed i have ever had. but please   just because you are having trouble for the first few weeks.....four or more,  try not to give up.  yes, if there are heat issues for some of you, then that might be a definitely deal breaker. i know it wasn't an issue for me.   i did have a celebrity and returned it immediately. i hated it. i sunk way way way into it too much.  it was hot. i hated everything about it.  but the deluxe was the most wonderful bed once i got used to it.  just a tad bit of advice from a tempurpedic owner.   that allura is luring me though.  

good luck to everybody.  remember , it is very important to chose the right tempurpedic for you. and there is one.  these beds are like nothing else. i mean nothing.  give them a chance.  visit your local stores and keep revisiting them over and over until you land it.  hope this helps.  

Reply #3 Dec 4, 2010 8:00 PM
Did you ever try any of the other HD memory foam mattresses (such as the 8 lb  Foamex venus) and have a chance to compare it with the Tempurpedics? It would be really interesting to hear a comparison if you had the chance :)

Phoenix

Reply #4 Dec 5, 2010 12:10 AM
Phoenix wrote:

Did you ever try any of the other HD memory foam mattresses (such as the 8 lb  Foamex venus) and have a chance to compare it with the Tempurpedics? It would be really interesting to hear a comparison if you had the chance :)

Phoenix

I did have the Sealy Trufoam 11" and I loved it the first few months, then hated hated hated it!  Got rid of it I hated it so bad.  So it was the opposite of what was reported here (previous poster) for the Temperpedic.  I really wonder if the TP are as good as they say, but the Sealy was rated at 5.5 lb. I believe, which is somehwhat close to the TP?  Anyway I wouldn't try a TP after that experience. 

Reply #5 Dec 5, 2010 1:51 AM
Years ago, before I bought the Deluxe Tempurpedic, I bought a Sealy latex model.  I actually was very influenced by this forum at the time. I don't even remember the name of it though. Either the Newport or the Venice Beach.  Anyway, I actually bought it. And, for me, personally, it was very painful and difficult for me to get used to.

So I actually bit the bullet and bought the Tempurpedic Deluxe, which, at the time, was not well received on this forum. I can see that now, things have changed. and I see lots of posts about the Tempurpedic.  I met a great guy on here who actually sells Tempurpedics.  I was in touch with him because I was having a very hard time with it at first.  Here are two of the comments he sent me. I actually just found them:

"Data has shown that if you are not used to a bed within 4 weeks, its not going to happen. This is why I urge you to give it a fair shake. And yes, my wife and I did not like the bed for 3 weeks. I wouldn't trade it for anything now!!" 

"But, once again you must and I stress this, keep the bed for at least 30 nights. I sell more Tempurpedics than anyone in our organization and I bet I get complaint calls on at least half of them after only  3 or 4 nights after delivery. I have only comfort exchanged 2 this entire year!! You have about a 90% chance of getting use to it..believe me. You may be one that doesn't like the bed, but give it a fair trial period."

Am I ever glad I listened to him. He was so nice and kept asking for updates and walked me thru all my concerns. And, at least for me, he was completely right.

Personally, I will never ever sleep on anything but a Tempurpedic mattress again.  Of course, that is just me. And I am sure there are many wonderful mattresses for all kinds of people. But this is my feeling and my feeling only.

I am glad to see that Tempurpedics are now taken much more seriously on this forum.  They used to be laughed at and put down and basically disregarded. I see that has finally changed, and well to the good.  Yes, it is not for everybody. Of course, that is true. But I bet you , if you research it well, and really put your mind to it, and give it a big chance,  I think it may surprise many of you how unbelievable this mattress is.

That being said,  I think the Cloud series is very very tricky.  It is the softest. And, in the store, by far the most comfortable. I mean it is pure heaven laying on it. I think the Cloud Deluxe is beyond words.  However, I caution you,  it is only for certain body types.  If you have severe back pain, like I do, I am not saying it won't be perfect for you, it might be, but try it out a million times first.  I tend to lean now towards the Allura, which seems very firm when laying on it in the store.  But it feels very zenlike and substantial to me.  It has a deep support level that really may pay off for me personally. And seems like it will hold up forever. I would be very careful about just buying out of impulse with these mattresses.  Visit them several times I think.

The Rhapsody is right up there with the Allura.  The Deluxe is still great as far as I am concerned. I do not need a new mattress again. I am just tempted to upgrade because they definitely have come a long way in six years.  But I guess that is always going to happen.

I just feel that Tempurpedic is in a class by itself.  A real love/hate response from the public.  I do think some of that is having to give up the psychological component of what a real bed is and what it is like to get "into bed."  And then the heat issue thing. And then the soft vs hard etc.  I am not saying it is easy to buy one.  But, for me, it is not easy to buy any bed.  I am one person, that absolutely cannot stand latex.  That's just me. I tried it and did not like it. But for some of you, I am sure it is perfect and the only way to go.

We all know there is no such thing as the perfect mattress for everybody.  I am just cautioning you, when you read these reviews,  read them and take them in....yes...but don't make them gospel.  Why do I say that?  Because that is what I did with the latex Sealy. And it was a huge mistake for me.  Instead, listen to yourself. Listen to your own body. Listen to your intuition and your instinct. No matter what you read on here. If you feel deeply that a certain mattress speaks to you and then someone on here does not like it, pay attention to that, but still trust yourself. And whatever you buy, give it as big a chance as you can to get used to it. That is what I learned. Listen to that mattress guy.  Absolutely no less than four weeks.  For some of us, it seems our bodies really have to be retrained and readjusted.  Mine is one of those bodies.  Some of you will adapt much much more quickly.

I am just glad I met that Tempurpedic salesman online in this forum.  He said he took so much heat on the forum that he left. But he said, that if he really helped just one person he would be glad he put in the effort. I was that person, and I am so grateful to him, I can never express it.  Jeff, if you are reading this.....please know what a gift you gave me.  It has been a miracle in my life.  I never ever wake up with back pain again in the six years I got used to my Deluxe. I guess that is why I am looking at the Allura. But I am afraid to monkey with the Deluxe since it has been such a winner for me. And has years and years to go yet.

That Allura allures me....it calls out to me......we'll see.   Good luck everyone on whatever bed you have fallen in love with. I know this is one of the toughest decisions ever.  It took me two years to finally decide.  I wish you all well in your decisions. I only hope that your mattress is what you have hoped for. Thanks.

Reply #6 Dec 5, 2010 2:58 AM
Nice post!

I can tell that you're one of the "I love Tempurpedic" camp :)

I'm curious though, if you found a memory foam mattress that provided the same benefit, feel, and durability with different memory foam, would you feel the same or is it Tempur-pedic itself. That's why I was curious about whether you had tried any others of similar quality, density, and construction.

As you know from your previous stint here, there are a lot of people here who use memory foam in their mattress construction and they are always trying to gain insight into the unique qualities of each different type of foam and anyone who has compared them directly (rather than just generically) would have some really valuable information to contribute.

My own thoughts are (and bear in mind that I do like the feel of certain latex/memory foam combinations but in general I'm not a memory foam "fan") that Tempur was at one time the only way to really know what you were buying and because they were so widely available and had a consistent predictable feel, they were a "safe" memory foam option in spite of their much higher price.

Now though, they are not the only high quality memory foam option available and yet they remain among the most expensive. Do you believe they would be worth their premium price if there really was other equally high quality memory foams with a similar feel at a lower price?

Phoenix

This message was modified Dec 5, 2010 by Phoenix
Reply #7 Dec 5, 2010 6:35 AM
Phoenix,  I like your posts. they are informative and interesting and very intelligent.  Your interest lies in an area that is not mine however.

Your questions are so subjective and hypothetical I do not know how to reply.  In truth, I got my bed six years ago, and never have visited this forum since that time.

I have not been in the market for a mattress so I am ignorant about all that has happened in terms of memory foam etc. So I am not a good person to ask these things about.

I recently decided to order an advanced Ergo system. And that got me looking in a store to check out new Tempurpedics. I landed on that Allura which, to me is well worth the money.

But that is because I know what the Tempurpedic has done for me in my life. And I think that Allura is very very special.

I don't know about cheaper and would i buy. I can't answer that. I have not seen any of the beds you are referring to.  So I am ignorant on that subject.

What I know about is Tempurpedic. and I am in now proudly in that camp, true. You nailed me there. But I haven't investigated other memory foam beds. So I can't comment.

I love my Deluxe and the Allura caught my eye. But i do not have that much to add to that particular discussion you are referring to.  Simply because I am not that interested in other memory foam beds.

I definitely will keep my Deluxe forever. Or I might investigate this Allura, because it really spoke to me personally.  I now have a big history with Tempurpedic. And brand loyalty is a well known commodity. 

I have grown to trust Tempurpedic. so that definitely plays a part now.

If you had asked me before I bought my Deluxe, it would have been a whole different story. But now I trust Tempurpedic so much, it would take a lot for me to buy memory foam from someone else. Unless it was proven to be better and cheaper.  Right now, I have not heard of any. But that's only because, as I said, I have not been looking or have had any interest in that since I got my bed. Sorry I can't be of more help here with that. I am sure there are so me very knowledgeable people here who can comment on that much better than i can. thanks for asking though. i appreciate that.  

This message was modified Dec 5, 2010 by everyman
Reply #8 Dec 5, 2010 8:48 AM
Wow, what positive affirmations for the Deluxe Tempurpedic from "Everyman".  Reassuring since i just purchased one, however,  i am having pretty bad low back pain after sleeping on it for only 3 nights.  First night was great then back pain started.  I understand your recommendation to give it a full 30 days, but isn't this an ominous sign of having low back pain right off the bat or is this part of the adjustment period?  I love the feel of the deluxe, very comfortable everywhere but my low back.   Do you have any insight on this Everyman?!  Thank you!
Reply #9 Dec 5, 2010 1:47 PM
ahindt, hang in there. i hated it for four weeks.i was ready to send it back too. but that guy jeff kept saying he and his wife hated it also. he told me to persevere and it was almost like clock work.  at the end of 4 weeks it just changed for me and all of a sudden my aches and pains went away.  now, of course, i am not a mattress salesman like that guy was. so i do not have any experience with anybody personally, except me and that guy. but he said i'd grow to love it. and i did after four weeks. i know that seems like forever with you. but your body is adjusting to a whole new way of sleeping. and of getting acclimated to the sleep surface. i know it is scary. and i know how you must feel, like this is impossible.  but i am telling you i had terrible complaints at first and it is too soon to tell.  i know that back pain is the worst thing imaginable. and if you are tempted to send it back, please do so.  but i can only tell  you that i had terrible pains at first and hated the bed. mistrusted the bed. and thought it was not going to work at all. if i can find some of what i wrote to him i will be glad to post it. i saw his letters to me.  but i can't seem to find mine to him.  let me see if i can so you can see how badly i felt. but if i can't find them, please know it hurt me tremendously.  when he wrote back to hang in there i was skeptical to say the least. but i think i had to keep it at least for thirty days.  so i kept doing it. try not to be discouraged. he said three or four days was nothing and you could not tell even in two weeks or three weeks. so try to let his words guide you.  he had only two comfort exchanges in an entire year and he sold tons of them.   describe where your pains are.  talk to me about them. i am interested. and i would love to help you through this.  i am no expert, mind you.  he at least had tons of experience.  but i remember he said he and his wife both did not like it for at least 3 weeks, maybe four. just think, this could turn out to be the best bed  you ever slept in.  how severe is the pain ahindt?  you can private message me here if you want to keep a running dialogue. or just keep it here in the forum. either way, i am here for you.  i truly hope this works out for you.  i know you absolutely can't see how it will, but i was the exact same way. i remember that. i thought it would be impossible.  if that is any help.  let me know. write back. thanks.
Reply #10 Dec 5, 2010 2:00 PM
OK, THANKS  for the encouragement!  I will hang in there.  I'm afraid the deluxe may be too soft and not offer enough lumbar support(as i feel my hips sinking in too much), but i will give it some more time.  I had extremely high hopes for this mattress.  Hopefully i will not be disappointed!

Recent Posts