"My Mattress Buying Nightmare" (Learn from my mistakes!)
Jan 30, 2012 5:23 PM
Hi,

I've been posting parts of my mattress buying saga on this site for months.

Now, I have finally written the entire story on my blog...http://chronicfatigue.typepad.com/mj/

If you are shopping for a mattress, it is required reading!

Re: "My Mattress Buying Nightmare" (Learn from my mistakes!)
Reply #10 Feb 2, 2012 12:35 AM
Yeah I do have to say out of respect to thank you for serving your country and sacrificing yourself so others can enjoy the freedoms we have.  

Please don't take one person complaining as them taking your service for granted.  

But two things you should not assume:

1. Tone - You have no idea the tone of Doreen's response, this is the internet. 

2. Literal translation of certain words or phrases like 'death row'...I assumed when I read the blog post that these were no doubt 'hyperbole' to make for a more interesting read.  I personally appreciated the use of it.  

I actually work with a vet that served for over 20 years, has done a lot of tours and a different perspective of the world and people than any normal civilian could ever have.  Now that he is retired from that, he now works in the mattress industry with us trying to do his part to solve these issues in the blog post (and make a good buck doing it of course).  

What a lot of your issues stem from is an inherent lack of transparency in our industry, I hope others read the blog post if not to serve as nothing but a warning for the potentially negative experience. 

Recent Posts