"Cool" sheets
Oct 2, 2010 1:33 PM
I dont know how to imbed a link.  But anyone ever try these sheets...

http://www.sleepys.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10551&productId=27430&catalogId=10602&langId=-1

When I was at the store I was able to feel a small sample and they really do feel cool and smooth. I was offered a free set of sheets when I bought my BR mattress set and I wanted those but she wouldn't budge on that (I got an el crappo set, figures.)  I am still thinking of trying these.  I can't find reviews anywhere and no one else seems to make them except the S-store. If I hadn't felt them w/ my own little hands I would be skeptical but they felt awesome.  Sleeping on them is another story, of course.

Re: "Cool" sheets
Reply #34 Oct 26, 2010 10:23 AM
I currently live without air conditioning, and sleep on the 2nd floor.    If you want really low price, and "cool", the cotton sheets sold by Family Dollar really are not bad.  They are thin, and cost $15 for full, $20 for queen, or thereabouts.  They have a hard finish, and I bought the taupe and the olive green and they wash up well and didn't fade.   Excellent for cheap sheets, I think.   But very thin.   I really liked them when it was sweltering hot up there. 

I really can't stand microfiber, sateen weaves, sueded finishes, jersey, or about 95% of what's out there on the shelves.  I am so glad that I have a huge stockpile of old percales, lol.

This message was modified Oct 26, 2010 by TC2334
Reply #35 Feb 20, 2012 7:50 PM
"Outlast" sheets are mostly polyester and polyester is  not cool and  there is no reason they should be so expensive
Reply #36 Feb 20, 2012 7:54 PM
If your mattress pad makes you feel lik eyou are in Iraq in july , your sheets will become irrelevant so make sure your mattress pad is 100% cotton inside and out. Outlast seems like a scam to me . there is nothing about their materials that would make them cool.
Reply #37 Feb 21, 2012 1:12 PM
Egyption cotton is probably the best alternative for sheets . Egyption cotton sheets , unlike other types of cotton sheets, don't need to have high thread counts in order to be soft .300TC Egyption cotton sheets will be more breathable and cooler than non - egyption   600 TC sheets.

Recent Posts