Cloud Supreme didn't work out....Contour Signature?
May 23, 2012 11:45 PM
So we purchased the Cloud Supreme about a month ago. Felt great in the store, was expecting some breaking in, but was actually pretty soft on delivery. My wife, side/back sleeper, 150lbs, first couple of nights, wasn't so sure, now loves it. I on the other hand, stomach/side sleeper, 180lbs, haven't had a good night's sleep yet. (except the night I tried sleeping on my back, that night I actually made it 6hrs without waking/tossing, and woke up with no back pain).

Called Tempurpedic customer service (who are excellent by the way), and the nice lady said they actually see many ppl transition b/w the cloud supreme--rhapsody---contour signature, depending on their firmness preference. 

So the choice I have to make (and I have to get it right 'cos we only get one exchange), is rhapsody vs contour signature? CS is cheaper and tried and true, and I actually like the sinking in feeling on the tempur foam in it. BUt the rhapsody has the HD material, and I liked how cooler it felt. Firmness they felt about the same for me (laying on my belly).

Any recommendations, experiences?

Thanks!

Re: Cloud Supreme didn't work out....Contour Signature?
Reply #3 Jul 21, 2012 9:26 AM
I've had the Contour Signature for 2 nights.  It is very very firm.  My neck is killing me.  It was much softer in the store.  What's up with that?  I will give it a month.  My husband is happy, but he has agreed that we have to agree on this.  Such a big decision! 

I wish I would have read more reviews before purchasing!

Re: Cloud Supreme didn't work out....Contour Signature?
Reply #4 Jul 22, 2012 3:56 PM
STietz1968 wrote:

I've had the Contour Signature for 2 nights.  It is very very firm.  My neck is killing me.  It was much softer in the store.  What's up with that?  I will give it a month.  My husband is happy, but he has agreed that we have to agree on this.  Such a big decision! 

I wish I would have read more reviews before purchasing!

They will usually feel much firmer at home the first couple of weeks compared to the model in the showroom.  The one you got delivered is brand new out of the box and the one in the showroom has probably been out there for awhile.  It will soften up to be more like the one in the showroom in a couple weeks.  If you want to speed the process up, walk on the bed each night before going to sleep, or if you have kids let them play on it some.  Hope this helps!!

Recent Posts