Adjustable bed frame? Pros and Cons?
Aug 9, 2011 9:11 AM
I am drooling over the pictures of adjustable bed frames.  Costco has one with some sort of Latex mattress.  I could also see purchasing the do-it-yourself layers so that softness can be adjusted.  I like plush, but my spouse is a stomach sleeper. 

Currently, I pile up a few different pillows trying to get comfortable for sitting / reclining in bed where I can use my laptop.  But I can't tell if the adjustable bed frames actually raise up "enough" to do this.

Of course, the whisper quiet motor and the perfect Latex mattress (split for King) would be just the thing.  This is not something I could justify right now - but it's never too soon to start researching!

So - please post any pros and cons about adjustable frames and different brands. 

Trying to understand the difference between the motor choices.  And seems like the wall-hugger feature would be handy (to keep the night table within reach) but I don't know if something else is sacrificed for that.

Comments welcome!

Re: Adjustable bed frame? Pros and Cons?
Reply #2 Aug 9, 2011 10:00 PM
I can't think of any cons to buying an adjustable bed frame.  I was doing just what you are doing:  using all kinds of pillows to prop myself up to read in bed.  That's what dawned on me when my husband expressed an interest in buying an adjustable bed frame.  I thought he needed it because of his back surgery but I didn't.  And then I realized that the pillow propping never worked:  I almost always ended up with back aches.    Once I came to that conclusion - that we both could benefit from an adjustable bed frame - we didn't have to consider a whole bunch of mattress/box springs and were able to focus on adjustable beds.  It really simplified things in a hurry.
Reply #3 Jan 13, 2012 4:01 PM
My name is Marquita Feaster. I am a secretary from Nashville. My biggest passion is baseball, but I also enjoy music, like 'Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes' and reading books like - 'The Black Prince - Iris Murdoch'. In some spare time I like to wat
An adjustable bed is a good choice, until now I only read articles and post that tell people how wonderful and confortable are those beds. The electric motor is very silent, and you could decide the position of your bed, maybe the only cons is the price but for this kind of bed I think that all the money you use to buy it are well spent.
Reply #4 Jan 14, 2012 7:06 PM
I have had adjustable bed (plus latex mattress) for over 3 months now, can't think of any cons about the adjustable bed.  The only thing that's not perfect is that even with wall-hugger, I am still away from my nightstand somewhat, but maybe my 11" thick latex mattress has something to do with it.
Reply #5 Jan 16, 2012 11:55 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about the Eco (? I can' t remember but I think that was the name) brand wall hugger with massage and remote control. Am thinking of getting a full size to use in the living room as a La-Z-Boy! Not sure how they are to sleep on but I have had occasion to sit on them and I like that you can adjust them so you don't get tired of sitting in just one position.

I plan to buy just the base from Ebay and then buy my own HD foam plus latex topper for the cushion - cheaper that way if you shop for the foam.

Recent Posts