Please help buying new latex bed!
Jan 14, 2011 12:55 AM
My wife and I are looking to purchase a latex bed.  We have been to our local bed stores and found the one that we like.  We both liked the Pure Latex Bliss Nutrition 11” model. 

The Pure Latex Bliss Nutrition 11” model we were looking at consists of (from top to bottom):

470 Gram Weight Viscose Blend Mattress Fabric

Milliken Fire Retardant Layer

4” Pressure Relieving Natural Talalay Latex Rubber

6” Supportive Natural Talalay Latex Rubber

1” Stabilization Base Foam

We were looking for better price then what they are offering at $2249.99 mattress set with foundation or $1979.99 as mattress only.  While looking for a deal we stumbled on this great forum.  So we have spent a couple of days of reading the forums and looking for ideas.  In reading the forums we came across couple of manufacturers.

They are:

Custom Sleep Design (www.customsleepdesign):  They are offering an 11” mattress set for $2299 or mattress only for $2179.  Their construction consists of 6” base core, 3” middle layer and 2” topper layer.

The Mattress Factory (www.mattressfac.com):  They offer their 11” model for $2299.  Their model consists of choice of soft/medium/firm 5” HD foam base core with 6” Talalay Latex (36 ILD ONLY) on top.

Both of the above options are priced above Pure Latex Bliss.  In the forums we were reading that there are alternatives out there that are better priced than Pure Latex Bliss model.  And that we should be using “S” stores as a testing ground to figure out what kind of bed we like.  Does anyone know what other options there are out there?

We live in Central New Jersey.  Is there anything within 3 hours driving distance that we should check out?  Or is there any reliable mail order that we should be considering?

As a side note:  Does anyone know how Custom Sleep Design quotes prices for their beds?  I read in the form that someone got an Eastern King for $2499 with foundation, delivery and 2 King Latex Pillows and that is without any negotiations.

Thanks for your help!

Recent Posts