pillow report: LI Rejuvenite Newform firm & JCPenney med zoned talalay latex
Sep 10, 2007 12:26 AM
First, the Rejevenite. We received this pillow free with our MyComfort bed purchase. My wife has been sleeping on it and loves it. I tried it and found it near perfect, too. It is hard to believe it is a firm, however, since your head sinks so readily into it. It has a loft of about 6.5"-7", but my head sinks to near the bottom. This is not too much of a problem, as I could "scrunch" up the pillow and it would remain scrunched. It doesn't feel like it is pushing back too much like other latex pillows, yet it has that great latex support when bottomed out, and slight bounce when head is lifted. Although I could use a little more loft to place my head higher when bottomed out, I would not want this pilow harder - I love its softness. Just a note, we received this pillow off the floor (not in plastic), so I actually question if this is a firm (the pillow could have been switched out of its cover which is labeled.) I would probably buy one like it for me, but I can't find one for less than $89. So...

I bought a JCPenney zoned latex after reading about it here ($35). Presumably, it is made by LI, as LI lists JCP as a retailer on their website. It looks just like LI's picture of their zoned - with smaller holes around the edge and larger ones in the middle. I did not find the center to be that much softer than the edges. In fact, for a pillow labeled medium, this one was extremely firm. My head would have had to weigh twice as much to sink to a level that was comfortable. Both on my side and on my back, I felt like my head was too high, leaving my neck angling slightly up - ouch! I didn't make it through a whole night. Also, comparing the two, the JCP weighs a lot more.

Looking for something in between the two, I have ordered the Simmons Beautirest talalay firm latex from Amazon for $40 shipped. The reviews said it really isn't very firm - I'm hoping that is true. I'll have it in a couple of days and will report.

Recent Posts