Oh noooooo! My right lower back pain is baaaaack! :(
Oct 26, 2007 2:42 PM
Okay, I've been putting off reporting this because I was hoping it was just temporary and would go right away. So far, it hasn't. My right lower back is hurting again! But the ovarian cyst is out, as well as the ovary! Phantom pain?

I was pain-free in that area immediately after the surgery, as well as a good several days after I got home. THEN, after sleeping, I noticed I would wake up with that same pain in my right lower back. Hmmmm....my mattress felt comfy. None of the same lower back pain when I felt like my coils were causing a slight hammocking effect. No, none of that. I could turn comfortably in bed without feeling the need to pry myself out of a hole. So WHY is my back hurting only in this area??!!

Last night I decided to put the new 2" 4lbs. memory foam topper on from SleepWarehouse. It wasn't over my weight-lifting limit. (I don't think.) So, I took off the 1" Overstock latex which was under my Cuddle Bed fiberbed. Under that is the 1 inch 32" ILD latex layer. I left that and added in the soft latex' place, the memory foam. Feels denser than the cheap 1" stuff from Overstock. I put the Cuddle Bed over that and went to bed. A different feel than the latex, for sure. More of a "thud" rather than a "bounce". But comfy nonetheless. I slept fine, except once in awhile I would feel that right sided back pain if I moved a certain way. But, again, none of the lower back pain I had with the flexible coils. I did feel the memory foam was more comfortable when I laid on my back vs. my sides. Could be that I still have small, healing incisons and "innards".

Anyway, when I'm able to, I might try putting my thicker fiberbed over the memory foam or even my new featherbed. I have to wait to lift those, though. Way too heavy.

I still don't understand what's causing this back pain. I mentioned to my Gyn and she recommended seeing a Physical Therapist as soon as I have the clearance from her and the other doc. Not sure if that would help. I'm thinking more on the lines of a Chiropractor.

In the meantime, I sure hope I'm going to spend the rest of my life tweaking the toppers on my mattress....or what's inside, either. Sheesh.

By the way, haysdb, I don't feel it's the thin plywood over my coils causing this at all. I don't feel myself bottoming out onto the rigid surface. And, just the fact that I'm not having that same hammocking-type back pain is encouraging.

So, we shall see! I honestly wish it was fallout from my surgery and that it will go away in time. Wishful thinking, I know!

Recent Posts