Natalie's New Flobed (updated with vZone pics) - New Final Review
Feb 19, 2010 6:29 PM
On suggestions of eagle2 and KimberlyH, I'm starting my own thread. I hope my experience may possibly help someone else as I continue to receive help from all the wonderful posters on this forum.

Summary from two previous posts (edited):

1)  Background (sorry, if you've already read it skip it):

60 yr old F,  5' 7", 128 lbs, side sleeper -- Fibromyalgia. Extreme pressure points in hips, (tingling, burning, numbness, pain). Currently sleeping on aTP Cloud Supreme... not really sure it's right for me (How can something feel so soft when you first lie down, and be so hard a few hours later?). Still have 6 weeks before deciding to either  exchange it for TP Rhapsody (a special "thank you" here to budgy for all his TP information) or get refund and start over. OR new option - try FloBeds and compare!

I had tried an Englander Natures Finest Latex and was in so much pain on it, I had quit the idea of latex altogether because of it (I never was able to find the exact content of that particular bed). I admit, at the time I made that decision, I was totally ignorant about different ILD's, thicknesses, customizing layers, coverings, latex actually helping with pressure points, etc.

2) Well, I did it! My new bed should be here no later than Monday. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Dewey was very nice and helpful and thanks to you all I had a list of questions, but he really answered most of them before I could ask. Which was great because I don't do phone very well, and I did do the "ah... ah... ah.." .  I went with all his recommendations except for the vZone, which we decided I could upgrade to later if needed. So my new bed is:

Natural Deluxe - Natural Talalay Latex Green Mattress

Organic Cotton & Wool Cover

Natural Talalay Latex Convolute Comfort Pad

Both sides:
Natural Talalay Latex Core-Soft

Natural Talalay Latex Core-Medium

Natural Talalay Latex Core-Firm

I told him about how informed and extremely helpful you've all been, (though I think most of you spoke with Dave who was unavailable) Dewey was glad to hear about how impressed I was about this great forum.

These large purchases always scare me, but he assured me if for any reason I didn't love the bed, I would only be out the shipping cost of sending it back, which is very reasonable. Eagle, you are so right about how reassuring it is to deal with the owners!

I do realize no bed is going to cure my fibromyalgia and all the issues it creates, but I am hoping this bed will provide some relief and comfort... without all the rules the TP demands you follow.

--------------------

Great posts to read for anyone interested in FloBeds:
  <a href="http://www.whatsthebest-mattress.com/forum/just-bought-new-flobeds/6556-A-1.html">Just bought a new Flobeds</a>   
  <a href="http://www.whatsthebest-mattress.com/forum/please-help-me-figure-which-flobed-buy/9416-0-1.html">Please help me figure out which FloBed to buy</a>

Just received an email from Dewey - my new FloBed is on it's way so I will update when it arrives Monday. I'm just so excited, I couldn't wait to share!.
Natalie

This message was modified Jul 15, 2010 by Natalia

Recent Posts