My new SleepEZ 13,000 mattress kit
Nov 27, 2007 7:57 PM
After much procrastination I made the call to Shawn and placed the order for a new 13,000.  I thought it would be better to go with a firmer mattress so I ordered, from top to bottom, x-firm- firm -medium -medium.

5 boxes were delivered to my house exactly 1 week later and everything arrived in great shape. Because I ordered an eastern king, the layers rather bulky and cumbersome to move and situate but eventually everything was zipped up nicely.

My wife complained after the very first night that the bed was too firm. I called Shawn and ordered a layer of soft and 1 week later it was delivered. Keep in mind that I ordered blended latex and chose not to get split sides.

I then configured the kit to x-firm- firm -soft- medium.  Once again it only took one night before she complained that it slept too firm. I then rearranged to x-firm- firm- medium- soft. We also put a Protect-A-Bed covering on over the mattress cover. I think that alone adds a degree of firmness to the bed.

While I was zipping up the cover, the zipper handle broke right off in my hand. The zipper itself still works but it is just tricky to zip it shut or open it up. I called Shawn about the broken zipper handle and he offered a warranty replacement with no hassle. I expect it to arrive at the end of the week.

My wife is now happy with the bed so no more adjustments will be needed until the new mattress cover comes and I have to take the entire bed apart anyway. I will post again on this thread and let you know the results of the warranty cover.

All things considered, we like the mattress and are glad we bought from SleepEZ. We were both skeptical and hesitant in a HUGE way about buying something this expensive sight unseen. Yes, we did order samples from Shawn beforehand but it still gives you no clue as to how well a latex kit mattress will sleep. We rolled the dice and it turned out well.  The best part is this mattress contains no polyurethane foam whatsoever!  I feel like I have successfully avoided all of the S brands!!!!!!!

One thing I would like to say is that if it weren't for this mattress forum and the internet in general I never, ever would have heard about SleepEZ or mattress kits. Glad we did because my wife and I are now sleeping better.

Recent Posts