Mattress Topper and Mattress pad
Jan 24, 2010 3:18 PM
Which mattress topper should I get?
There are:
1. visco foam topper
2. memory foam topper

How is visco memory foam topper? is it soft, hard or medium?

What other types of mattress topper would there be?
I read there is one made of latex.
From where can I buy them?

I have low back pain. It is killing me.
I have a plush sealy mattress that is 10 years old and I wake up with aches and pain and toss
and turn all night and even after laying for 12 hours or so I am still hurting all over my body.

What do you suggest top buy in terms of a mattress set?
From where?

How do I attach mattress topper to bed? I mean would it not fall off as I turn and toss in bed?
Do I need a mattress pad for the mattress topper?

That is why asking.
This message was modified Jan 24, 2010 by lowbacpain
Re: Mattress Topper and Mattress pad
Reply #1 Jan 24, 2010 6:01 PM
memory foam = visco elastic foam

In the case of foam toppers they are usually heavy enough that they will not slide around very easily, but typically you would still put your protective mattress cover over these which would also help to hold it into place.
Reply #2 Jan 24, 2010 10:17 PM
You mean to say I need 1 mattress cover for the mattress and one mattress cover for the mattress topper? Thanks
Reply #3 Jan 24, 2010 10:55 PM
You don't even have to have one mattress pad unless you want one.  I find the mattress pads make the bed harder and I don't feel the latex or memory foam, and my shoulders hurt  I use a plush blanket over the latex and memory foam, then the sheets.  But that is me.  Latex or memory foam is put right over the mattress, and it stays in place, then put on whatever you want to next.

As for the other questions do some reading on the past postings here.  Some like memory foam, some don't.  I am still deciding is I want to continue using my memory foam as it is hot.  Everyone is different.
This message was modified Jan 24, 2010 by Leo3
Reply #4 Jan 24, 2010 11:07 PM
im saying you would have only 1 protector that goes over the entire mattress and topper.  just any old protector with a fitted skirt deep enough to accommodate both pieces.   Its really a good idea to keep dead skin and oil from accumulating in the top layers over time.  Some pads are thicker and/or less flexible than others and can potentially interfere with the feel of the mattress but for most its a non issue.  If it is, maybe you could try something like Leo has done, but anything more than just a fitted sheet would that you can machine wash with your regular bedding really keeps everything a lot cleaner.
Reply #5 May 24, 2013 5:15 AM
I bought Home Couture DB Memory Foam Mattress Topper from direct bargains australia and it's really good. This store contains different types and brands of mattresses, mattress toppers & other shopping materials with unbeatable price tags. You can choose what ever you like. Great product quality & excellent customer service. I was very happy because the product shipped on time just as they said and they made sure that I was perfectly happy before completing the order.
This message was modified May 24, 2013 by a moderator

Recent Posts