Mattress protector for TP or generic MF
Jun 9, 2010 9:20 PM
Ouch
Anybody have any positive experiences with mattress protectors for TP or other MF mattresses? The one I was using, which worked fine with a semi-latex Serta doesn't work well with our new TP Bellafina. It interferes with the action of the foam surface.

I know that TP sells one. But, it's kinda pricey.

Re: Mattress protector for TP or generic MF
Reply #1 Jun 9, 2010 9:51 PM
I am assuming the mattress pad you did not like is a cotton terry cover with a water proof backing on it?

The Tempur pads are essentially the same thing.  I have recommended it to other people....I would check out the Dormeir mattress pads.

http://dormeir.com/

My parents use it on their Tempurs....even though it is actually thicker than a standard water proof protector, it isn't very stiff and it seems to interfere less with the comfort.  They are not technically water proof but it will keep the mattress completely dry under normal circumstances.

Reply #2 Jun 9, 2010 9:57 PM
Ouch
Yes. It's terry with a thin rubberized backing. It's called "Sleep Tite" by a company called Malouf.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035ENP5A

Have you ever heard of anybody just Scotch-guarding a TP mattress' existing cover? Maybe that's something worth looking into, as I really like the full TP feeling of just the sheet on the mattress.

Reply #3 Jun 10, 2010 12:51 AM
garypen wrote:

Yes. It's terry with a thin rubberized backing. It's called "Sleep Tite" by a company called Malouf.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035ENP5A

Have you ever heard of anybody just Scotch-guarding a TP mattress' existing cover? Maybe that's something worth looking into, as I really like the full TP feeling of just the sheet on the mattress.

I would make sure you really, really love the bed before you Scotchguard it. Would that void your entire warranty?

That mattress cover you linked to is the one I got and I like it on my latex.

Reply #4 Jun 10, 2010 1:15 AM
Ouch
The protector worked great on the springy semi-latex Vera Wang. But, it just seems to impede the more specific body contouring properties of the MF in the TP.

Good point about the Scotch Guard and the warranty. But, would they really be able to tell?

Reply #5 Jun 10, 2010 4:17 AM
cynicaljones wrote:

I would make sure you really, really love the bed before you Scotchguard it. Would that void your entire warranty?

That mattress cover you linked to is the one I got and I like it on my latex.

Isn't Scotchgard a potentially toxic substance that you wouldn't want to put your nose and lungs next to for 8 hours a day?

I know I wouldn't.

Reply #6 Jun 10, 2010 5:04 AM
jimsocal wrote:

Isn't Scotchgard a potentially toxic substance that you wouldn't want to put your nose and lungs next to for 8 hours a day?

I know I wouldn't.

Scotchgard toxicity...

Reply #7 Jun 10, 2010 7:35 PM
i definitely would avoid chemical fabric treatments
Reply #9 Jun 10, 2010 8:48 PM
Ouch
Thanks for the info guys!

Recent Posts