horrible experience with INNOMAX and Sams club
Feb 24, 2012 9:35 PM
got this organic latex mattress from sams club.com mattress is made by Innomax. felt like hell. 

Contacted innomax. same lady tried to convince me that mattress was great for me.

tried. did not work. called her again. told me to get topper. got topper. did not work.

wanted to return mattress.

called sams club.com. asked them to take it back. talked to many supervisors to return. finally 1 said that innomax lady - same one would not take it back unless I put 146 pound mattress in a huge cardboard box that she would mail to me. I told them about me unable to lift such a heavy mattress and put it in cardboard box! sams club Supervisor told me okay that she will tell innomax to pick up mattress anyway.

weeks passed.  No one came or contacted me from innomax or sams club

In extreme frustration called sams club headquarters. talked to some senior executive. they assigned a person to help me. after  After some days of back and forth emails and phone calls.. 1 week they send a pickup company. that pickup guy when he came started to shout at me and began abusing me. it was very scary.....i did not feel safe in my own home. I felt like calling cops.

sams club.com membership is hell

Innomax company is hell.

both treated me liked shitt.

This message was modified Feb 25, 2012 by nervousbreakdown
Re: horrible experience with INNOMAX and Sams club
Reply #1 Feb 27, 2012 10:25 PM

Which organic latex mattress did you buy from Sam's and what didn't you like about it?  Was it this one?  My concern would be first identifying why it felt uncomfortable so you don't make the same mistake next time at two or three times the price.

Warehouse clubs like Sam's and Costco actually have one of the more reasonable return policies for this type of "personal" product.  If you had been able to transport the mattress back to your local Sam's store and say "refund please" instead of calling and "asking them to take it back" I don't think you would have gone through hell on earth.

Reply #2 Feb 27, 2012 10:54 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience!

We also returned a Night Therapy mattress to Sam's club- big mess. The long and short is they said it would cost too much to send someone out to pick it up, and it obviously cannot fit back in the box it arrived in. So, in the end, they just refunded the $ and left us with the mattress. Sounds nice, but in reality, an extra king sized mattress loitering around my house is the last thing I need. I finally donated it to a homeless shelter who came to pick it up- it was basically brand new- I think we'd slept on it for a few weeks.

While our Sam's experience was not nearly as awful as yours, it sure wasn't pleasant- we went round in circles for weeks and it was a huge pain!

Reply #3 Feb 28, 2012 5:05 AM
this sleeplikeadog is completely lacking in reading comprehension. If i could not lift 146 lb mattress then how could I transport it to sams club. may be you can lift 146 lb mattress and are a superman but I have really bad medical disability so unlike you superman I could not do it.  I live alone. plus they told me they would send someone to pick up but they lied. Innomax lied, sams club lied. edna from innomax is a great liar. she sweet talked me into trying the mattress and then she was trying to do that again. so superman i took a stand and refused. Ya so much for great clubs that the send people who grossly misbehaved with me just because I was returning the mattress But no problem for you superman because you would have taken them on correct?

Please take reading comprehension classes. thanks.

Reply #4 Feb 28, 2012 5:55 AM
I have to place 100% of the blame on Sam's here.  It's not like NBD sounds like some kind of raving lunatic- by the tone of his posts here, I can imagine he was nothing but calm & reasonable on the phone with the reps, yet SAM'S expected HIM to get a mattress he wanted to return into a box?!  That's BS.  SAM'S should have sent a team out to to box it up for him.  Immediately, & without the attitude. 

nervousbreakdown wrote:

this sleeplikeadog is completely lacking in reading comprehension. If i could not lift 146 lb mattress then how could I transport it to sams club. may be you can lift 146 lb mattress and are a superman but I have really bad medical disability so unlike you superman I could not do it.  I live alone. plus they told me they would send someone to pick up but they lied. Innomax lied, sams club lied. edna from innomax is a great liar. she sweet talked me into trying the mattress and then she was trying to do that again. so superman i took a stand and refused. Ya so much for great clubs that the send people who grossly misbehaved with me just because I was returning the mattress But no problem for you superman because you would have taken them on correct?

Reply #5 Feb 28, 2012 6:07 AM
Wow Sam's customer service has really taken a nosedive lately.

Dallasgirl wrote:

Sorry to hear about your experience!

We also returned a Night Therapy mattress to Sam's club- big mess. The long and short is they said it would cost too much to send someone out to pick it up, and it obviously cannot fit back in the box it arrived in. So, in the end, they just refunded the $ and left us with the mattress. Sounds nice, but in reality, an extra king sized mattress loitering around my house is the last thing I need. I finally donated it to a homeless shelter who came to pick it up- it was basically brand new- I think we'd slept on it for a few weeks.

While our Sam's experience was not nearly as awful as yours, it sure wasn't pleasant- we went round in circles for weeks and it was a huge pain!

Not pleasant to say the least. As if refunding your money in full somehow makes up for YOU having to dispose of THEIR mattress, that you no longer wanted. If you weren't so nice about it (& such a good person for donating it to charity!) you probably could have played hard ball & made them compensate you, storage/disposal fees, your time etc.

Consumers have RIGHTS!!

Reply #6 Feb 28, 2012 1:12 PM
nervousbreakdown wrote:

I can completely understand your extreme frusration. Take care friend. 

Reply #7 Feb 28, 2012 1:23 PM
JasonRatky wrote:

I have to place 100% of the blame on Sam's here.  It's not like NBD sounds like some kind of raving lunatic- by the tone of his posts here, I can imagine he was nothing but calm & reasonable on the phone with the reps, yet SAM'S expected HIM to get a mattress he wanted to return into a box?!  That's BS.  SAM'S should have sent a team out to to box it up for him.  Immediately, & without the attitude. 

Really? that original poster reply does not indicate one bit that he had attitude when h/she tried to return mattress.

On the other hand I find an extremely frustrated person who was given run-arounds for weeks by Innomax and sams club for trying to return a matttress that never worked for him/her. 

A person who has a medical disability and tried for weeks to get his/her mattress returned. It is disheartning to know how Innomax treated this customer.

On top of that h/she had to contact sams club headquarters and talk to senior executive to get the mattress returned.

And on top of that the harassment by the pickup person. and to feel you are not even safe in your own home.

His/her reply is fully understandable. It is you who is in the wrong.

And then h/she reads a reply that he/she could have just picked up a mattress that alone weighed 146 pounds my god and he/she has disability!

And to assume that s/he would not have thought about it in first place? 

I think you need to apologize to original poster. Have some decency. 

This message was modified Feb 28, 2012 by roy1
Reply #8 Mar 7, 2012 9:21 PM

Nerves, I'm no Superman but I have successfully returned items to Sam's Club. Here's a reading comprehension test.  Where did you read that when you need to return a mattress to Sam's Club they dispatch a truck to pick it up at no charge? 

Your original post says nothing about your medical disability but it does state "called sams club.com asked them to take it back."  You proceed to use customer service (and I'm willing to bet your disability) as a sword instead of a shield to plead for special treatment, resulting in a driver from Low-Bid delivery showing up and engaging in apparently unprovoked verbal abuse that caused you to fear for your physical safety. 

To call you pessimistic would be to understate the case by an order of several magnitudes but you realize we can't help you find a better mattress unless you can verbalize what it is you liked or disliked about the latex mattress you tried and returned?  

Reply #9 Mar 10, 2012 5:31 PM
SleepLikeADog wrote:

Nerves, I'm no Superman but I have successfully returned items to Sam's Club. Here's a reading comprehension test.  Where did you read that when you need to return a mattress to Sam's Club they dispatch a truck to pick it up at no charge? 

Your original post says nothing about your medical disability but it does state "called sams club.com asked them to take it back."  You proceed to use customer service (and I'm willing to bet your disability) as a sword instead of a shield to plead for special treatment, resulting in a driver from Low-Bid delivery showing up and engaging in apparently unprovoked verbal abuse that caused you to fear for your physical safety. 

To call you pessimistic would be to understate the case by an order of several magnitudes but you realize we can't help you find a better mattress unless you can verbalize what it is you liked or disliked about the latex mattress you tried and returned?  

Hmm again taking shots at a person with medical disability. Trying to provoke. What you need is a class in good manners. 

I was a sams club member too until very recently.

So I know about their return policy. Sams club does send pick up drivers if you ask, in case of mattresses. Like the op says s/he asked. They said yes. S/he called several times. told them about her/his medicaldisability. No result. Its called being played.

Now what is your game in the provokation when you say the op engaged in "unprovoked verbal abuse" with the driver? Were you present there? Are you psychic? 

and you must be a superman to lift 146 lbs alone? hmm.

and who is "we" in your last sentence. It certainly does not include people who are decent.

This message was modified Mar 10, 2012 by roy1
Reply #10 Mar 10, 2012 11:42 PM

I guess we're all equal in our online anonymity eh roy1?  Since you're theoretically not disabled perhaps you could benefit from a class in logic. 

If Sam's Clubs policy is to send "pick up drivers" for mattress returns "if you ask" why did nervousbreakdown have to talk to "many supervisors" and ultimately complain to a senior executive just to get something they do for everybody on request?

If we take the OP's original post at face value the "pickup guy" jumped out of his truck shouting and abusing poor Nerves for no apparent reason (unless of course he's paid by the evil Walton family/Koch Brothers corporate cabal to intimidate anyone who dares to exercise their right to return a mattress.)

Speaking of being played, you sound a little intense about the whole episode and the issue of disability.  Are you psychotic nervousbreakdown/roy1?

Reply #11 Mar 11, 2012 3:00 AM
SleepLikeADog wrote:

I guess we're all equal in our online anonymity eh roy1?  Since you're theoretically not disabled perhaps you could benefit from a class in logic. 

If Sam's Clubs policy is to send "pick up drivers" for mattress returns "if you ask" why did nervousbreakdown have to talk to "many supervisors" and ultimately complain to a senior executive just to get something they do for everybody on request?

If we take the OP's original post at face value the "pickup guy" jumped out of his truck shouting and abusing poor Nerves for no apparent reason (unless of course he's paid by the evil Walton family/Koch Brothers corporate cabal to intimidate anyone who dares to exercise their right to return a mattress.)

Speaking of being played, you sound a little intense about the whole episode and the issue of disability.  Are you psychotic nervousbreakdown/roy1?

let us take your line of reasoning further and see how that applies to you.

In America it is innocent until proven otherwise but since you don't believe in that you must be a communist. Agreed?

Where did I say I am not disabled?

The op whole complaint seems to be that h/she had to talk to several sups and ultimately senior executive for sams club to pick up mattress.

I don't see anywhere op has held walton family responsible for his/her experience.

But since you brought walton family in picture you must be working for walmart or sams club by your own reasoning.

Hello anyone there?

And the the pickup guy abused op. Did op said anywhere that h/she started the fight?

hello knock knock. This is Still America where it is innocent until proven otherwise. But you it looks like you don't seem to believe in that.

I sound intense because I am disabled and I hate assholes who abuse disabled people.

This message was modified Mar 11, 2012 by roy1

Recent Posts