Help side-sleeper choose a latex topper to ease hip numbness on firm innerspring mattress. 2" or 3"? 16-18 ILD (medium-soft) or 26 ILD (medium-firm)?
Dec 21, 2007 12:28 AM
I have a pretty firm ("cushion firm") innerspring Sealy mattress that I've owned for 9 years and I often wake up with hip numbness (I'm a side sleeper).

Anyway, I was considering getting a 2" or 3" latex topper unless someone has a better suggestion.  I don't know which height is best or what ILD range I should be looking at to soften things up a bit.  I don't want to "sink in" and I don't want something that conforms to my body and makes me hot or doesn't breathe well, so that's why I thought a latex topper would be a good choice (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm 160lbs.  Again, this is going on top of a pretty firm innerspring mattress and my main objective is to relieve pressure points - particularly in my hips.

Several sites seem to offer the same line of latex toppers in both 16-18 & 26 ILD.  So, what do you think would best suit my needs...

1.  2" or 3"?

2.  16-18 ILD (medium-soft) or 26 ILD (medium-firm)?

Thanks a ton!

This message was modified Dec 21, 2007 by jkozlow3

Recent Posts