Help me put this subject to bed: Does synthetic latex offgas?
Mar 2, 2012 8:31 PM
I've read/heard so many conflicting opinions on synthetic latex and offgas potential and I really, really, really need to know:  Can it offgas or can it not?  I don't want to have to rob a bank to buy a 100% natural latex mattress, so my future as either a law-abiding citizen or convicted felon depends upon your wisdom, mattress gurus!  
Re: Help me put this subject to bed: Does synthetic latex offgas?
Reply #11 Sep 4, 2013 11:18 AM
Keep in mind offgassing occurs well beyond the time you actually smell something. I agree offgassing is an overused term. Reality is if it is made with Synthetic it is not going to be nearly as healthy for you as an all natural. IN regards to the warranty it is a complete marketing gimmick the way it is done. Blended or synthetic has a lot more mark up than all natural. The manufacturer would love it in years 11-20 if you envoke the prorated portion of the warranty. This would allow them to have you pay for the transportation of the bed to them and the old one back while at the same time bypassing the retailler for a sale. The manufactur is the big winner on pro rated warranties, in fact I am pretty sure they would encorage you to use it. Always focus on what the full warranty is and dont fall for the prorated gimmick. 

Recent Posts