Has anyone used "Foam by Mail" latex topper?
Apr 9, 2008 10:08 PM
Does anyone have experience with this company? They have great prices but I can't figure out what kind of Talalay latex they are advertising. I could get a 1" king talalay topper for under $90. I would love some feedback. Thanks----Sabra
Re: Has anyone used "Foam by Mail" latex topper?
Reply #6 Apr 12, 2008 1:13 AM
Art, That is a nice review and the latex sounds nice and we all appreciate the good review.  I really like this site where we can all share our experiences. 
Reply #7 Apr 16, 2008 3:51 AM
Thanks to this forum I purchased a foam by mail 2 inch soft latex topper and have slept comfortably since (well for about a week anyway).

I see that the OP ordered already but in case others are considering purchasing here is my story.

Originally I ordered a Simmons cal king firm spring mattress that turned out to be way to firm. After some research I went ahead and ordered a foam by mail topper. It arrived within about a week and turned out to be very comfortable. Unfortunately I have no idea if the specs are the same as foambymail.com or not, but it looks like good quality and covers the entire mattress. As stated on their website the cal king has 4 inches or so glued to make the proper size but the join is very strong and hardly noticeable.

Not sure about a full mattress, but I'd definitely recommend foam by mail for a topper.
Reply #8 Apr 16, 2008 1:36 PM
Bob, I am glad this forum helped you and it has helped me also. Thanks for sharing your positive experience with your Foam by Mail latex topper.
Reply #9 Apr 19, 2008 8:46 AM
I'm reporting back....my 1" 20 ILD Foam by Mail topper came 3 days ago. It was packaged well and magically inflated when I openned the airtight packing! It had no odor as I spread it out on top of my 2" HR eggcrate medium firm topper on top of my Sealy latex mattress that was too hard. 

The topper's texture felt just like my latex pillow (real latex vs. mixture) but had one small dark smudge in the middle of the creamy white latex color. The verdict after two nights: it's wonderful! I am sleeping so much more comfortably and so is my husband who seldom complains or praises anything. It's definitely more comfortable when we sleep on our backs and feels softer when I sleep on my side. Since it's only one inch thick, it doesn't make a ton of difference, but just enough to add the right amount of softness to an otherwise firm, supportive bed. If the bed was not so tall already, I might try another one.

I think I've now tried and returned 7 different sleep surfaces including memory foam and mattress pads of all types. I'm very, very happy with this topper and hope I have finally ended my search for the perfect night's sleep. Time will tell as we adjust.

Thank you to each one that resonded in a helpful way.  Now, if only my back didn't feel sore from gardening!

Sabra

Reply #10 Apr 19, 2008 1:05 PM
I'm so glad things are feeling good for you, Sabra. I can't remember---is this topper talalay latex? The reason I ask, I'm wondering it it would feel similar to the 1" Overstock.com talalay latex toppers many of us bought here. Of course, that one is convoluted on one side. But it's about 20 ILD, give or take. Again, I'm happy you finally found a good match! Sweet dreams! And, hire a gardener! LOL Just kidding.

*********************************************************************************
Sabra wrote:
I'm reporting back....my 1" 20 ILD Foam by Mail topper came 3 days ago. It was packaged well and magically inflated when I openned the airtight packing! It had no odor as I spread it out on top of my 2" HR eggcrate medium firm topper on top of my Sealy latex mattress that was too hard.

The topper's texture felt just like my latex pillow (real latex vs. mixture) but had one small dark smudge in the middle of the creamy white latex color. The verdict after two nights: it's wonderful! I am sleeping so much more comfortably and so is my husband who seldom complains or praises anything. It's definitely more comfortable when we sleep on our backs and feels softer when I sleep on my side. Since it's only one inch thick, it doesn't make a ton of difference, but just enough to add the right amount of softness to an otherwise firm, supportive bed. If the bed was not so tall already, I might try another one.

I think I've now tried and returned 7 different sleep surfaces including memory foam and mattress pads of all types. I'm very, very happy with this topper and hope I have finally ended my search for the perfect night's sleep. Time will tell as we adjust.

Thank you to each one that resonded in a helpful way. Now, if only my back didn't feel sore from gardening!

Sabra
This message was modified Apr 19, 2008 by BeddyBye
Reply #11 Apr 19, 2008 6:38 PM
Sabra, I am glad you are comfortable and the topper is working out well for you. How does it compare to the Overstock Topper?  How does it compare to the 1" Brylane Topper?  Thank you in advance for sharing.
Reply #12 Apr 20, 2008 11:14 PM
Beddybye and Lynn, 

The topper is talalay but I don't thinks it's Talatech talalay, simply because I think Foam by Mail would have advertised it as such. I don't know the source but it does feel and look like my Talatech pillow. I tired many toppers, but I never tried the Brylane or Overstock. By the time I found the forum, they were pretty well sold out in King size. Sorry I can't help there.

I do very much like the 1" topper I've been using. It truly does make a comfort difference in the surface feel of our bed. It's been worth the hours of reading the old forums and trial and error of products to find what works for us. I wish the same blessing for all the forum readers.

Sabra

Reply #13 Apr 21, 2008 12:32 AM
Sabra, your new wonderful topper sounds like my 1" wonderful Brylane topper that feels great over a very firm surface adding the cushion needed. I had to firm up my bed even firmer than it was when I added the topper but it feels good on my pressure points. I could not tolerate a topper thicker than 1".  I am happy for you that you found a way to make your bed comfortable and this forum helped you. It helped me a lot also and that is why I try to help others, give my input, as well as continue to learn as we all care and want to share to help others.  Thanks again for sharing for those who need a King size Latex topper.
Reply #14 Apr 21, 2008 1:56 PM
Thank you Lynn.

You have got to be one of the kindest, most encouraging people alive!

Your posts have not only informed me but kept me coming back with questions because you and others keep sharing your knowledge and helping people like me without making us feel dumb or guilty because our own research hasn't yielded what we need to know. May your thoughtfulness return to you with many wonderful, painfree nights of very deep and refreshing sleep!

Sabra

Reply #15 Apr 22, 2008 11:11 PM
Thank you Sabra for your kind words and letting me know I have been of help which means a lot to me so I will be encouraged to continue to try to share my knowledge.
This message was modified Apr 22, 2008 by Lynn2006

Recent Posts