Has anyone used "Foam by Mail" latex topper?
Apr 9, 2008 10:08 PM
Does anyone have experience with this company? They have great prices but I can't figure out what kind of Talalay latex they are advertising. I could get a 1" king talalay topper for under $90. I would love some feedback. Thanks----Sabra
Re: Has anyone used "Foam by Mail" latex topper?
Reply #1 Apr 9, 2008 10:14 PM
Sabra wrote:
I would love some feedback.

Or . . . YOU could utilize the forum search feature to review previous related contributions.
Reply #2 Apr 10, 2008 9:21 AM
I bought from them a few months ago. The service was good and the prices even better. The 1" queen topper I received is light brown in color. It does not look anything like the almost pure white pillows I have or the white 1 1/2" topper I bought from Brylane over a year ago. It also does not have that silky feel when I rub my hand over the bare latex. I believe this may be synthetic latex, but that is just a guess on my part. The quality is very good and it is nice and cushiony. In fact, it feels like a softer ILD than my Brylane topper. The queen size was slightly over sized for my bed and hangs over the edges about 1/4 inch on all sides. This actually give my bed a nice look when it is made because the corners are nicely rounded. Hope this is what you needed.
Reply #3 Apr 10, 2008 9:36 PM
Sillymom, Thank you for sharing your experiences with Foam by Mail to help others make their own decision.  I hope the topper is helping you get more comfort since it is a shame that some of the big name Mattress companies make products of inferior products that do not last long but use their advertising techniques to think you are buying something great.  I am sorry about your bed. That is why I will always have a mattress I can unzip and see what is inside and adjust or upgrade without buying a whole new mattress. It sounds like it is a nice topper just not natural and not Talalay Latex so I most likely would be allergic to it.  But maybe others witihout allergies would like the topper since it sounds comfortable.
This message was modified Apr 10, 2008 by Lynn2006
Reply #4 Apr 10, 2008 9:43 PM
WE bought a Full 6" Core in the Medium with a 2" SOFTTtOPPER FOR MY 9 YR old son's bed a few months ago from Foambymail. The quality seems fine, the shipping was fairly quick, it takes about 3 or 4 days for them to ship out but it will come UPS.
If you want a sample piece they will mail you one but it took about two weeks to get that. 
The full Core and topper are very nice. The color like the previous poster stated is a little different. I wouldn't call it brown, but a very very light beige/yellowish color. It is very similar to a Talalay Restonic Mattress I looked at in a store as far as color goes. They claim it is USA Talalay. I wouldn't get too hung up on that, the quality is good and it will last for a long time.
I plan to buy a 2"King topper for my Dunlop Mattress simply because the price is so good it is easy to take a chance, and I already know the Full size was great!

Hope this helps!!!
Art
Reply #5 Apr 11, 2008 11:47 PM
Based on what you guys wrote, I'm going to try a 1" 20 ILD topper on top of my 2" HR eggcrate on top of my Sealy latex mattress. I just ordered the topper from Foam By Mail. My bed has a lot of foam but I have good support and so-so softness. Once I try the topper I hope to have the softness too. I'm already waking up without pain in the mornings for which I am so thankful. Like so many here, I'm looking for the finishing touch that will make it an almost perfect mattress. I'll let you know how the topper works.
Reply #6 Apr 12, 2008 1:13 AM
Art, That is a nice review and the latex sounds nice and we all appreciate the good review.  I really like this site where we can all share our experiences. 
Reply #7 Apr 16, 2008 3:51 AM
Thanks to this forum I purchased a foam by mail 2 inch soft latex topper and have slept comfortably since (well for about a week anyway).

I see that the OP ordered already but in case others are considering purchasing here is my story.

Originally I ordered a Simmons cal king firm spring mattress that turned out to be way to firm. After some research I went ahead and ordered a foam by mail topper. It arrived within about a week and turned out to be very comfortable. Unfortunately I have no idea if the specs are the same as foambymail.com or not, but it looks like good quality and covers the entire mattress. As stated on their website the cal king has 4 inches or so glued to make the proper size but the join is very strong and hardly noticeable.

Not sure about a full mattress, but I'd definitely recommend foam by mail for a topper.
Reply #8 Apr 16, 2008 1:36 PM
Bob, I am glad this forum helped you and it has helped me also. Thanks for sharing your positive experience with your Foam by Mail latex topper.
Reply #9 Apr 19, 2008 8:46 AM
I'm reporting back....my 1" 20 ILD Foam by Mail topper came 3 days ago. It was packaged well and magically inflated when I openned the airtight packing! It had no odor as I spread it out on top of my 2" HR eggcrate medium firm topper on top of my Sealy latex mattress that was too hard. 

The topper's texture felt just like my latex pillow (real latex vs. mixture) but had one small dark smudge in the middle of the creamy white latex color. The verdict after two nights: it's wonderful! I am sleeping so much more comfortably and so is my husband who seldom complains or praises anything. It's definitely more comfortable when we sleep on our backs and feels softer when I sleep on my side. Since it's only one inch thick, it doesn't make a ton of difference, but just enough to add the right amount of softness to an otherwise firm, supportive bed. If the bed was not so tall already, I might try another one.

I think I've now tried and returned 7 different sleep surfaces including memory foam and mattress pads of all types. I'm very, very happy with this topper and hope I have finally ended my search for the perfect night's sleep. Time will tell as we adjust.

Thank you to each one that resonded in a helpful way.  Now, if only my back didn't feel sore from gardening!

Sabra

Reply #10 Apr 19, 2008 1:05 PM
I'm so glad things are feeling good for you, Sabra. I can't remember---is this topper talalay latex? The reason I ask, I'm wondering it it would feel similar to the 1" Overstock.com talalay latex toppers many of us bought here. Of course, that one is convoluted on one side. But it's about 20 ILD, give or take. Again, I'm happy you finally found a good match! Sweet dreams! And, hire a gardener! LOL Just kidding.

*********************************************************************************
Sabra wrote:
I'm reporting back....my 1" 20 ILD Foam by Mail topper came 3 days ago. It was packaged well and magically inflated when I openned the airtight packing! It had no odor as I spread it out on top of my 2" HR eggcrate medium firm topper on top of my Sealy latex mattress that was too hard.

The topper's texture felt just like my latex pillow (real latex vs. mixture) but had one small dark smudge in the middle of the creamy white latex color. The verdict after two nights: it's wonderful! I am sleeping so much more comfortably and so is my husband who seldom complains or praises anything. It's definitely more comfortable when we sleep on our backs and feels softer when I sleep on my side. Since it's only one inch thick, it doesn't make a ton of difference, but just enough to add the right amount of softness to an otherwise firm, supportive bed. If the bed was not so tall already, I might try another one.

I think I've now tried and returned 7 different sleep surfaces including memory foam and mattress pads of all types. I'm very, very happy with this topper and hope I have finally ended my search for the perfect night's sleep. Time will tell as we adjust.

Thank you to each one that resonded in a helpful way. Now, if only my back didn't feel sore from gardening!

Sabra
This message was modified Apr 19, 2008 by BeddyBye

Recent Posts