Gutting a Beautyrest Black mattress - help with latex surgery
Oct 11, 2012 3:24 PM
Hi all,

After a short 5 years, our Simmons Beautyrest Black Exquisite mattress has large sag spots where my wife & I sleep.  We've looked at new Latex Bliss mattresses and like them alot, then I came across the posts on Mattress Surgery and became curious.

The bed is basically a 12" mattress with about a 4.5" firm pillow top sewn on.  It's a real problem trying to find deep pocket sheets to fit!  After cutting a couple of inspection holes, it looks like the mattress is (from the bottom up), 7.5" of mattress springs, 2" of foam, 1" of foam, 1/2" of some cloth/mesh material.  The topper is foam with some latex in it.

We really like the feel of the Latex Bliss Entice (3.0 Hybrid) & Beautiful (Natural) mattresses and would be shooting for a similar feel.  So our questions are:

1)  Just keeping the mattress springs, what would be some suggested latex layers & ILDs ?

2)  How do you keep everything in place (zipper enclosure)??

3)  Does anyone make a Topper similar to the Entice's gel cover?

We would like to bring the height of the mattress down, so any kind of latex/foam layers in the 4 - 6" range would be fine.

Thanks for everyone's input!  Once we get everything decided and ordered, I would be happy to post pics of the surgery for others.

This message was modified Oct 12, 2012 by plasma411

Recent Posts