First night on celsion topper. Stage II (the bed)
Mar 30, 2010 2:59 PM
Purchased a 2” Celsion topper and zippered terry cloth cover from sleeplikeabear.com.

It was delivered yesterday and here are my impressions:

• Quality is about what I’ve seen from posted photos of latex on this forum. A few missing bits. seamed in approx center(king size)
  • Smelled frown. My wife being allergic to almost everthing I worried about putting it on the bed right away but after returning from the YMCA we changed the sheet and put it on under the bottom fitted sheet (tight fit!)
  • Smell didn’t bother either of us during sleep
  • Hard to get into terry cover, ended up getting it as best I could then flipping over so zippered edge on bottomindecision.
  • Both enjoyed the cushioning
  • My wife thought it was cooler than before without.
    • Temps are projected to be high 60’s low 70’s later this week
  • Did not notice partners moving / re-positioning during the night

We plan on sleeping in this configuration for a while then will decide on next move …I’ll post any revelations “we” observe.

Previous posted

Need latex mattress help Please
Original Message   Feb 25, 2010 3:22 pm

This message was modified Apr 8, 2010 by rjb772
Re: First night on celsion topper.
Reply #11 Apr 6, 2010 7:34 AM
It's now been 6 nights sleeping on the celsion topper and I still haven't had any covers thrown over on to me so I believe the claim that it sleeps cool. Ambient temps hit the high 80's for three of those 6 days, all three were record high temps (one even broke a 120year record) Nighttime temps dipped into the high 50's which is really hot this time of year in upstate NY. We even broke the overnight high temp on two of those nights. (AC units are still stored in the attic so these nights were sans air conditioning)

I'd say for myself and my wife this purchase is a big thumbs upyes

We did previously try an approximately 1.5" thick wool topper (my wife purchased it so I can't give details on make and cost)  but this, (the celsion) seems to sleep cooler (for us at least). I didn't like the wools tendency to flatten out under my 260+lbs so I think any air pocket(s) crushed overnight under me. Went back to a cotton mattress pad after about 6 months until we got the latex this year.

Cost of the Celsion topper is it's only drawback ($466 for a 2" eastern king) but for me not getting those extra covers thrown on and taken off of me multiple times during the night justifys the cost many times over. 

Reply #12 Apr 7, 2010 1:26 PM
Thanks for the update rjb. Great to know it does what it claims. On another thread you said:

"I'm embarking on a quest to replicate, for my wife, the feel of a Pranasleep Wahe Guru but at a significantly lower price.

This is the first step, the topper. Next comes the FloBed I've been specing out. When I'm finished I plan on being 95-98% the same feel and quality, yet I will have spent less than half.

The Celsion is only my first stepdevil"

I'm so interested in following your progress on this quest. Please keep updating as you go.smiley

Thanks,

Natalie

Reply #13 Apr 7, 2010 2:45 PM
Ouch
"I'm embarking on a quest to replicate, for my wife, the feel of a Pranasleep Wahe Guru but at a significantly lower price."

Of course that bed was designed for a deity with six arms. So, it might be hard to replicate. wink

Reply #14 Apr 7, 2010 5:07 PM
rjb772 wrote:

Purchased a 2” Celsion topper and zippered terry cloth cover from sleeplikeabear.com.

It was delivered yesterday and here are my impressions:

• Quality is about what I’ve seen from posted photos of latex on this forum. A few missing bits. seamed in approx center(king size)
  • Smelled frown. My wife being allergic to almost everthing I worried about putting it on the bed right away but after returning from the YMCA we changed the sheet and put it on under the bottom fitted sheet (tight fit!)
  • Smell didn’t bother either of us during sleep
  • Hard to get into terry cover, ended up getting it as best I could then flipping over so zippered edge on bottomindecision.
  • Both enjoyed the cushioning
  • My wife thought it was cooler than before without.
    • Temps are projected to be high 60’s low 70’s later this week
  • Did not notice partners moving / re-positioning during the night

We plan on sleeping in this configuration for a while then will decide on next move …I’ll post any revelations “we” observe.

Previous posted

Need latex mattress help Please
Original Message   Feb 25, 2010 3:22 pm

what did it smell like?  I have always loved the smell of latex.  What ILD did you say it was?

Reply #15 Apr 7, 2010 6:34 PM
rjb772 wrote:

Cost of the Celsion topper is it's only drawback ($466 for a 2" eastern king) but for me not getting those extra covers thrown on and taken off of me multiple times during the night justifys the cost many times over. 

yes
  well put

Reply #16 Apr 7, 2010 6:44 PM
Budgy can you find out how Latex International makes this Celsion topper?  What is in it?  Wouldn't they share with a mattress company person?  They are very secretive on their website about it.
Reply #17 Apr 7, 2010 7:08 PM
Im curious to know as well....but I don't really do any business with these guys on a direct level...so I am a little hesitant to ask.  They may not want to divulge any info if some of the processes used are proprietary to them as well.
Reply #18 Apr 7, 2010 8:28 PM
The ILD is 15 (trying to replicate the Pranasleep 10ILD, 2" top layer). As for the smell , it's hard to describe but initially (just out of the shrink bag) it was not something I would like to bury my nose in. Upon returning from our workout at the YMCA it wasn't quite as intense so we decided to make up the bed with it as the layer directly under the bottom fitted sheet.

Because my wife has enjoyed the difference in comfort from just this 2" topper, she has given me the "OK" to build the rest of the bed (a FloBed Natural Deluxe-Natural Talalay Latex Green Mattress). If it wasn't so late here I would be on the phone now!  I'm leaning toward F/XF/XF for both sides and believe my wife will get all the softness she says she likes from the substitution of the 2" Celsion topper in place of the FloBed 2" convoluted layer. Both have approx the same effective ILD but the Celsion is a full, non egg crate piece. Can't wait to sleep sans divet!  ( Let's see.....8:00AM PT would be 11:00AM here laugh)

Reply #19 Apr 8, 2010 11:30 AM
Just got off the phone with Dewey.....ordered the FloBedsmiley Can't wait for next Friday (when I should be getting delivery)!
Reply #20 Apr 8, 2010 4:16 PM
rjb772 wrote:

Just got off the phone with Dewey.....ordered the FloBedsmiley Can't wait for next Friday (when I should be getting delivery)!

Please keep us posted, I hope it is the bed of your dreams!

Recent Posts