Dr Breus Mattress reviews???
Nov 23, 2010 10:26 AM
We are considering purchasing one of the new Dr Breus Mattresses, but I don't like the fact that I can't find any reviews about it online.

Has anyone seen any reviews for the Dr Breus Signature Mattress???

I'm sure that he's just friends with Dr. Oz and Oprah :-)

Re: Dr Breus Mattress reviews???
Reply #22 Jun 6, 2011 2:47 PM
We went into Sleepys over the Memorial Day weekend to find a new bed. We looked first at the Tempur-Pedic beds, until the salesman asked us if we have heard about the Dr Breus bed. We went through the entire presentation which was impressive but not nearly as impressive as the bed itself. After 5 minutes my wife and me look at each other and totally agreed this was the mattress we wanted.

We took delivery of our Dr Breus Signature mattress 3 days ago and we love it. Hands down the best money we have ever spent on a mattress and the people at Sleepys are to be commended for their help, and prompt delivery.

Reply #23 Jun 6, 2011 3:14 PM
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." ..... Albert Einstein
I look forward to your follow up report in about 6 months.
Reply #24 Jun 8, 2011 6:20 PM
I hope the people who actually post good reviews here  are not from sleepy's, making good reviews or from the manufactures, my statements are all true!!  The fact is that it is a gamble on what you get with these beds!!!  I would not wast my time posting here if it was not!!!!  The Dr.B bed we tried in the store we bought from was the firmest out of 3-4 other sleepy's stores of the same model, read the rest of my reviews and remember  its your  money not mine do as you will.

You have been warned if you buy one, it is your money, your good night sleep, your back, your time, you decide!

If I read reviews on this bed like mine I would have never purchased it in the first place and took 2-3 months for my back to recover.  I should send my medical bills and time wasted to Dr. B.!

Reply #25 Jun 8, 2011 8:10 PM
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." ..... Albert Einstein
"...I hope the people who actually post good reviews here are not from sleepy's..."

I kinda think you're right. At first, I gave them the benefit of a doubt, but then I noticed that they made the same posting in 2 locations on the forum. And these are their only postings ever. Where were they when they were doing their mattress search? More examples of Sleezy's as the Masters of Deceit!

Reply #26 Jun 20, 2011 10:58 AM
We recently bought the Monogram Gold King set.  It was delivered on Friday.  It was WAY softer than the one we laid on in the store.  My husband and I actually took pictures of how far we sunk into the one at the store vs. the one we received.  In the store, laying on my side, you can see the entire knee cap of my bottom leg.  At home, it's completely sunk into the bed.  My husband, who is a hot sleeper to begin with, was smothered by the bed wrapping around him and was incredibly hot.  He ended up on the sofa.  The next day we went back to Sleepy's explained the situation.  They said, it was probably a defective mattress and did an even exchange for us.  The new bed arrived this morning.  Same situation.  Took more pictures.  I sink just as much in the new bed.  We're not sure if it's a difference between the queen model in the store vs. the king that we purchased or just an incredible inconsistency with Dr. Breus in general.  I called Sleepy's this morning.  I was told to contact 1-800-Sleepy's to discuss a comfort exchange.  I did so, explained the inconsistency, and they are waiving the comfort exchange fee.  We will probably still have to choose an equal or more expensive mattress, though.  So much for just switching to the firmer model!  Although, I may be turned off from Dr. Breus in general.
Reply #27 Jun 20, 2011 4:23 PM
We have had our Dr. Breus 7 days and the 1st 4 nights were very hot. Felt like our backs were burning. I took off the waterproof mattress pad and went without for 2 nights and much better. Just put on a cotton mattress pad last night and it was fine. So comfortable is the bed but just not sure about the foam and latex contributing to heat. anyone else having an issue with that. All in all, so comfortable though.
Reply #28 Jun 20, 2011 6:29 PM
jenn4pc wrote:

We recently bought the Monogram Gold King set.  It was delivered on Friday.  It was WAY softer than the one we laid on in the store.  My husband and I actually took pictures of how far we sunk into the one at the store vs. the one we received.  In the store, laying on my side, you can see the entire knee cap of my bottom leg.  At home, it's completely sunk into the bed.  My husband, who is a hot sleeper to begin with, was smothered by the bed wrapping around him and was incredibly hot.  He ended up on the sofa.  The next day we went back to Sleepy's explained the situation.  They said, it was probably a defective mattress and did an even exchange for us.  The new bed arrived this morning.  Same situation.  Took more pictures.  I sink just as much in the new bed.  We're not sure if it's a difference between the queen model in the store vs. the king that we purchased or just an incredible inconsistency with Dr. Breus in general.  I called Sleepy's this morning.  I was told to contact 1-800-Sleepy's to discuss a comfort exchange.  I did so, explained the inconsistency, and they are waiving the comfort exchange fee.  We will probably still have to choose an equal or more expensive mattress, though.  So much for just switching to the firmer model!  Although, I may be turned off from Dr. Breus in general.

I've seen other postings remarking on apparent inconsistenciew w/Dr. Breus beds. Don't know if it's the different licensed manufacturers or what....Maybe it's just such a new product it hasn't been fully standardized across the board yet.

Reply #29 Jun 20, 2011 9:13 PM
jenn4pc wrote:

If you read my posts about my experience, it is exactly like yours, and I stand by my findings, IBC is junk!!!!!! And so is Dr. Breus beds!!!! 

I had the same experience and same options (I had to spend the same or more or buy 2 mattresses), so I purchased the The Rhapsody bed by tempur-Pedic, was the only price that I knew was fair and close (no one can price adjust this brand) and we really like it, is it worth the price, only time will tell, I still can not justify a 4,000 mattress but we so sleep better than we ever did. 

Good luck and let us know what you choose here and tell us after a few weeks if you still like it.

Reply #30 Jun 25, 2011 11:17 AM
I just had my first night on my Monogram firm Dr. Breus bed and my back pain that has been around for a long time is gone.

My question, brought up by some of the stuff I have read on these treads is, will the mattress last? I got the firm model and the tag says its 13% latex (probably top layer), 85% poly, and 2% rayon.

My wife and I are small and light but should I return the bed to sleepy's for $400? It has a 10 yr full warranty and 10 yr pro-rated.

Reply #31 Jun 25, 2011 12:41 PM
richmond123 wrote:

I just had my first night on my Monogram firm Dr. Breus bed and my back pain that has been around for a long time is gone.

My question, brought up by some of the stuff I have read on these treads is, will the mattress last? I got the firm model and the tag says its 13% latex (probably top layer), 85% poly, and 2% rayon.

My wife and I are small and light but should I return the bed to sleepy's for $400? It has a 10 yr full warranty and 10 yr pro-rated.

Interesting! I have not seen the percentages posted before. From pretty much everything I've read on this forum, polyfoam breaks down pretty rapidly, as compared to latex. So you are probably looking at a breakdown years before before the warranty is up, since that is the primary compnent of the mattress. Other posters have said that warranties are pretty much useless in most cases. The terms and conditions depend on the language used in the warranty. If you want to post that, we can try to see whether it would cover any breakdown in the poly foam.  Some of the posts have talked about technicians coming to their home and determining if or whether the warranty covered the potential claim - usually not. Consider also that Dr. Breus is a new brand and it's doubtful you'll find much reporting yet of anyone trying to make a claim under the warranty. t If you want something that is going to last ten years or more, chances are this is not it. If you know that going in, and are okay with it, then no problem. Otherwise, you might want to reconsider while you still can.

Recent Posts