Comparing Prices
Feb 13, 2010 10:47 PM

Since I'm considering replacing my mattress with a latex one, I did price comparisons between a few different companies who sell IL Talalay Latex, which I thought I'd share for those of you who are interested.

Comparison Prices for a Queen size mattress configuration, 100% natural IL Talalay Latex, approx. 8": 

SleepEZ

10000 model, consists of 3 layers (your ILD preference) x 2.8" each, for a total thickness of 8.4".

Cover: Includes a Cotton Damask zipper Cover Quilted to lambs wool.

Shipping: Free delivery via FedEx

Return policy: 90 day layer switch out policy on latex mattresses. Return any one of the layers in your mattress in exchange for a layer of different firmness. We pay shipping of new layer to you, and you pay shipping back. Shipping is approximately $30 depending on location.

Cost: $1645 

Flobeds

Posture Select model. Consists of a 2" convoluted topper, and 2 x 2-3/4" layers for a total thickness of 8-1/2".

Cover: Includes a cotton damask wool backed cover.

Shipping: If we don't ship when indicated, we pay the freight. Shipping from CA to NY $99.

Return policy: If you are not 100% satisfied with the firmness you select, we will help you re-select. Or we will give your money back. Either way you will only pay the freight.

Cost: $1799 + shipping

Sleeplikeabear

Configure your own from their selection of toppers from 14 - 36 ILD, additional $15 for 40 & 44 ILD. 2 x 3" = $882 + 1 x 2" + $314, total thickness 8".

Cover: Not included.

Shipping: Free, via UPS Ground.

Return policy: Typically a 30 day guarantee, depending on item purchased. You may receive a refund of your purchase less the total of what we paid for shipping and a reasonable fee for processing or handling your order. If you paid for shipping, you may receive a refund of your purchase less only the processing or handling fee. Must request RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization), include original invoice, and in most cases repack items in original shipping cartons. Return shipping is paid by the customer.

Cost: $1196

RockyMountainMattress

Offers only Medium Plush (16-18 ILD, 2" $210, 3" $295) and Medium Firm (32 ILD, 2" $230, 3" 320) toppers. Configured with 2 x 3" Medium Firm and 1 x 2" Medium Plush, total thickness 8".

Shipping: Toppers shipped free.

Return policy: 30-night trial on all mattresses, return policy on toppers not stated.

Cancellation policy: Orders that are cancelled within 24 of being placed are not subject to a cancellation fee. Orders cancelled after that time are subject to a fee - see website for specifics.

Cost: $850

FOAMSWEETFOAM

Natural Plus Special.  Three layers of full 3" (9" total). Choose from 4 firmness levels of your choice. 

Cover: Cotton, bamboo, and wool quilted cover.

Shipping: Free.

Return policy: Within 30 days of the invoice date, you may exchange one latex layer of the mattress - one time. We will pay for the freight charges of the exchanged layer. The customer is responsible for packaging and paying for freight charges of the returned item back to Foam Sweet Foam. Within 60 days of the invoice date, you may return the purchase. There is an 18% return fee for any returned item. The customer is responsible for packaging and shipping charges.

Cost: $1599

Arizona Premium Mattress Co.

Queen 6" 100% All Natural Talalay Latex Core. Your choice of firmness, #22 super soft, #28 soft, #36 medium and #42 firm; 2" topper #22 ILD $229

Shipping: FedEx Ground - $129 from AZ to NY.

Return policy: Core - 30 day satisfaction guarantee less all shipping costs; Topper - not returnable.

Cost: Core - $995, current sale price: $795; Topper $229 = $1149 + shipping.

This message was modified Feb 17, 2010 by narnia
Re: Comparing Prices
Reply #22 Feb 17, 2010 2:57 PM
I was just looking at the Arizona Mattress Company, I thought the queen was $1,095 with a cover:

http://www.latexmattresscompany.com/quadulpllasl.html
Reply #23 Feb 17, 2010 3:58 PM
Their Plush Latex Sleep System mattress is made with 60/40 blended Latex International Talatech® latex. My list only includes 100% All Natural Talalay Latex.
Reply #24 Feb 18, 2010 12:32 AM
narnia wrote:
Leo3 I've updated my original post and send a PM to the Admin.

Sorry about the formatting, I copied and when I pasted and the formatting got messed up, and I was trying to insert hyperlinks for all the websites but it wouldn't work for some reason. Oh well, it's still readable!

Highlight the word you want to have the URL associated with, and then go up to the toolbar above the message you are typing;  and click on the link button and enter the address, this will set the hyperlink.  (Bill posted instructions, I searched the forum).

I will try it here and see it if works:
Foamsweetfoam
it worked!  Took a few times to get it right.  I ended up just copying the website I wanted and pasted it in.

Let us know what you end up for a new mattress.
This message was modified Feb 18, 2010 by Leo3
Reply #25 Feb 18, 2010 1:26 AM
Narnia,
Something I noticed after making that hyperlink for Foamsweetfoam and visiting the website, I see they only sell natural talalay from Latex International.  That would be a higher price than blended talalay.  You might note that in your list.  Are you looking for blended, or natural?

Okay I see on your list you say natural latex, but Sleeplikeabear sells only blended latex right now.  So you are comparing two different latex types.  Just thought you would want to know.  Unless you called them and got the price for natural, I believe they will order it for you, more than likely a higher price.

Don't know about the other vendors.
Reply #26 Feb 18, 2010 10:36 AM
Leo3, Sleeplikeabear has Latex International’s Talatech Talalay latex toppers:

http://www.sleeplikeabear.com/talatech_toppers

The 3" toppers are $441 each for Queen size. Are these blended? If so that's a lot to charge!

PS -Thanks, I know how to create hyperlink, but it's just not working for me. I tried with Firefox and IE, and I just can't get it to work!
Reply #27 Feb 18, 2010 12:27 PM
narnia wrote:
I know how to create hyperlink, but it's just not working for me. I tried with Firefox and IE, and I just can't get it to work!

HTML <a href="http://www.psacake.com/web/dy.asp">Cheat Sheet</a>
Reply #28 Feb 18, 2010 3:20 PM
narnia wrote:
Leo3, Sleeplikeabear has Latex International’s Talatech Talalay latex toppers:

http://www.sleeplikeabear.com/talatech_toppers

The 3" toppers are $441 each for Queen size. Are these blended? If so that's a lot to charge!

PS -Thanks, I know how to create hyperlink, but it's just not working for me. I tried with Firefox and IE, and I just can't get it to work!

If you know how to hyperlink it should work LOL.  I used Firefox.  Cut & paste the URL.  As Jim said in another post, you have to click post, THEN go back in and edit and enter the URL again.  It just is a strange system here.

Have you looked at Foamsource
for natural latex.

All latex prices have gone way up over the year.
Reply #29 Feb 19, 2010 10:45 AM
Thanks Leo3, I just checked prices on Foamsource and they're very expensive. A 2" Queen 100% Natural Latex topper is $349 and 3" is $529 (w/free cover).

And thanks for the tip on hyperlinks, I'll play around with that when I have time.
Reply #30 Feb 19, 2010 2:33 PM
Have you looked at sleepwarehouse? 28-30ILD natural latex $349.  Some places do not say where the latex comes from, which is suspect to me.  Some websites do not list Latex International as the supplier;  the websites that do list LI as supplier are Sleeplikeabear, Flobeds, Foamsweetfoam, Sleepeze, Foamsource, there may be more out there.  Which leads me to believe that may be the reason for the higher cost.  Note: this is only speculation and is strictly my own personal opinion.  Not subject to ridicule, LOL.  We consumers have to question if the supplier is not mentioned in the website.  They should be proud of the supplier.  Then I have no experience on other latex manufacturers quality.  So as I said this is my opinion only.

I just wonder why some latex is higher cost than another.  Maybe there are different grades of latex. Since my O-stock is a lower grader (as is FBM) as in flaws that can explain low costs.  I have no experience with any of them but O-stock latex.  Which some of my layers are excellent quality, but alas no idea of the ILD, except for the one that was labeled 24LD from LI, which is why I like LI, it was good quality; but too soft for my hip.

Which brings me to why I am rambling, I can only sleep 2-3 hours at a time, I wake up in pain from side sleeping on my hips.   But my back has been in horrible pain because of moving latex layers off and putting them in the closet, and bending over.   I am tired and need some relief.  I just changed the layers in the bed two days in a row, since I was in such pain.  I would do that again today except I am so tired I can't.
This message was modified Feb 19, 2010 by Leo3
Reply #31 Feb 19, 2010 9:16 PM
Sleepwarehouse sells Dunlop Latex. I'm not sure it's true because I have no experience with it, but I've read that Talalay is better quality and will last longer. Oddly RM doesn't state who manufacturers their latex, but as I mentioned in my other thread, my topper from RM has "Latex International" stamped on the side. I agree websites should give this information to their customers, but you know Leo3, some consumers don't take the time to educate themselves and do their homework, so they don't know the difference or even care!

What kind of flaws does your O-stock have? Even vendors who sell IL say that slight flaws and flaking might be noticeable.

As for the difference in cost, if vendors selling a specific brand/size/ILD, like a LI latex 2" #24ILD topper, then aren't they all selling exactly the same product? I would think so, and then the higher cost is just a larger mark-up. But I guess there's latex made elsewhere, like in China, that would generally be less expensive. JC Penney has very nice 100% natural latex pillows on sale for $35, and they're made in China. Maybe their latex doesn't hold up as well, but it looks like it would be comfortable.

I feel for you, sometimes I sleep only 2-3 hours at a time but that's because I have cats. I'm sure it's a lot worse when you're waking up due to pain! Have you tried a convoluted topper? It's supposed to relieve pressure, so maybe that would help you. What kind of mattress pad do you have on top of everything?

Recent Posts