Comparing Prices
Feb 13, 2010 10:47 PM

Since I'm considering replacing my mattress with a latex one, I did price comparisons between a few different companies who sell IL Talalay Latex, which I thought I'd share for those of you who are interested.

Comparison Prices for a Queen size mattress configuration, 100% natural IL Talalay Latex, approx. 8": 

SleepEZ

10000 model, consists of 3 layers (your ILD preference) x 2.8" each, for a total thickness of 8.4".

Cover: Includes a Cotton Damask zipper Cover Quilted to lambs wool.

Shipping: Free delivery via FedEx

Return policy: 90 day layer switch out policy on latex mattresses. Return any one of the layers in your mattress in exchange for a layer of different firmness. We pay shipping of new layer to you, and you pay shipping back. Shipping is approximately $30 depending on location.

Cost: $1645 

Flobeds

Posture Select model. Consists of a 2" convoluted topper, and 2 x 2-3/4" layers for a total thickness of 8-1/2".

Cover: Includes a cotton damask wool backed cover.

Shipping: If we don't ship when indicated, we pay the freight. Shipping from CA to NY $99.

Return policy: If you are not 100% satisfied with the firmness you select, we will help you re-select. Or we will give your money back. Either way you will only pay the freight.

Cost: $1799 + shipping

Sleeplikeabear

Configure your own from their selection of toppers from 14 - 36 ILD, additional $15 for 40 & 44 ILD. 2 x 3" = $882 + 1 x 2" + $314, total thickness 8".

Cover: Not included.

Shipping: Free, via UPS Ground.

Return policy: Typically a 30 day guarantee, depending on item purchased. You may receive a refund of your purchase less the total of what we paid for shipping and a reasonable fee for processing or handling your order. If you paid for shipping, you may receive a refund of your purchase less only the processing or handling fee. Must request RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization), include original invoice, and in most cases repack items in original shipping cartons. Return shipping is paid by the customer.

Cost: $1196

RockyMountainMattress

Offers only Medium Plush (16-18 ILD, 2" $210, 3" $295) and Medium Firm (32 ILD, 2" $230, 3" 320) toppers. Configured with 2 x 3" Medium Firm and 1 x 2" Medium Plush, total thickness 8".

Shipping: Toppers shipped free.

Return policy: 30-night trial on all mattresses, return policy on toppers not stated.

Cancellation policy: Orders that are cancelled within 24 of being placed are not subject to a cancellation fee. Orders cancelled after that time are subject to a fee - see website for specifics.

Cost: $850

FOAMSWEETFOAM

Natural Plus Special.  Three layers of full 3" (9" total). Choose from 4 firmness levels of your choice. 

Cover: Cotton, bamboo, and wool quilted cover.

Shipping: Free.

Return policy: Within 30 days of the invoice date, you may exchange one latex layer of the mattress - one time. We will pay for the freight charges of the exchanged layer. The customer is responsible for packaging and paying for freight charges of the returned item back to Foam Sweet Foam. Within 60 days of the invoice date, you may return the purchase. There is an 18% return fee for any returned item. The customer is responsible for packaging and shipping charges.

Cost: $1599

Arizona Premium Mattress Co.

Queen 6" 100% All Natural Talalay Latex Core. Your choice of firmness, #22 super soft, #28 soft, #36 medium and #42 firm; 2" topper #22 ILD $229

Shipping: FedEx Ground - $129 from AZ to NY.

Return policy: Core - 30 day satisfaction guarantee less all shipping costs; Topper - not returnable.

Cost: Core - $995, current sale price: $795; Topper $229 = $1149 + shipping.

This message was modified Feb 17, 2010 by narnia

Recent Posts