Adjustable bed (Leggett & Platt) Owners question
Feb 28, 2010 1:56 PM
I responded to someone who has an adjustable base and latex over that and asked where they got it, but more importantly which one?  Didn't respond though.  I went to Leggett & Platt's website, and there are many, many varieties of adjustable bases.  My main concern is being quiet, I don't care about the massage part, I want it to go up and down as far as it can, but I want it quiet.

Also I hate to go into a mattress showroom and ask about that only.   I really feel like they would bug the heck out of me to buy one of those crummy S mattresses or T mattress.  I am searching to buy on the internet, but I can see why I can't find any, they must weigh  a ton?  I saw Flobeds Faqs say if you order an adjustable bed you might want to keep that as the shipping was really high like $400 if I remember correctly.  I couldn't tell what Flobeds adjustable base really was, it didn't look like a L&P base, but it was expensive.

I also read somewhere here that Flobeds suggested buying it locally as it would be cheaper, so that is what I would do if I can find a dealer I can tolerate.  I haven't enjoyed buying beds at all locally.  Always a waste of money and the sales pitch is overwhelming.  I just wish I could avoid that part.

But if I am getting a new bed I want the adjustable base.   I saw Costco's 5 adjustable beds, unfortunately you have to order their mattresses, and their latex mattresses on those has foam in them so those are out for me.  I do want layers I can change out.

Recent Posts