Rejuvenite pillows (Latex International)
Sep 16, 2007 3:45 AM
Foam Nerd
Rejuvenite is a division of Latex International. They offer 8 different pillows, all made from NuForm, which is referred to as an all-natural Talalay viscoelastic latex. They claim some temperature sensitivity, ala memory foam.

www.rejuvenite.com

• Renewal
A low profile design with a luxuriously plush feel. Includes a white check velour washable cover.
This classic pillow is recommended for those who are stomach and back sleepers.

• Restora
A high loft design and larger classic pillow, Restora has a firm and resilient feel for those who prefer more support.
Restora, our best seller, provides maxim
um comfort and pressure relief for those who are side and back sleepers.

• Replenish
Resilient Talalay Comfort Puffs covered with a luxuriously soft velour cover, offers a down-like feel while providing superior pressure relief and plush conforming support.
Perfect for pillow scrunchers and those who enjoy the feel of down but may be allergic."

• Vibrance
A unique, sculpted, contoured shape that cradles your head and neck for proper support and alignment throughout the night.

• Zoned
Exclusive to RejuveNite, this zoned mold offers the support of a contour pillow with the classic look you love! The two custom molded support zones offer enhanced support to you head and neck.

Is this the pillow that JC Penney is selling?

• Bliss
A low profile design with a unique Talalay Latex comfort core that creates a plush feel when snuggled inside the down liner. The cover is a silky sateen stripe cotton with a 260 thread count.
Recommended for stomach and back sleepers, as well as pillow scrunchers.

• Harmony
A high loft design with Talalay Latex Comfort Puffs creating a firmer feel that combines great support with the luxury of down. The cover is a silky sateen striped cotton fabric with a luxurious 260 thread count.
Recommended for side and back sleepers and those who prefer a little more support.

• Melody
On one side you have resilient Talalay Latex that provides breathable comfort and superior pressure relief.
On the other side you have temperature sensitive memory foam providing plush cradling support.

This message was modified Nov 12, 2010 by a moderator
Re: Rejuvenite pillows (Latex International)
Reply #14 Sep 29, 2007 7:16 PM
Foam Nerd
donw wrote:
Sooo, did you sleep on it last night?

I did. It takes just a bit more work to get it "configured" than the memory foam pillow, because I need to create the desired height and then iron out any lumps in the latex, but I think it's going to be an interesting combination of the supportiveness of latex and the softness of down. It doesn't quite have that conforming and yet hard as a rock feel of the Tempur pillow, but it does still have that "substantial" feel to it.

I just hope my pillow buying is over for awhile. If I can find a set of shams I like I can put my old poly fill pillows to work decorating my bed on those occasions when I feel like making it.
Reply #15 Sep 30, 2007 3:14 AM
Compared to the Natura Dream Mate pillow this Rejuvenate looks expensive. The Dream Mate is surrounded in wool and a quilted cover. Check it out. I have a standard size and it is somewhat squishy like a feather pillow. But, yes, it also can feel lumpy at times. Just depends on how you manipulate it. Here's the link to it:

http://www.homevisions.com/hvprod/prod_display1.asp?product=52488&PID=24

haysdb wrote:
My Rejuvenite Harmony pillow arrived today.  This is not a &quot;review&quot; as I haven't slept on it yet. These are just my &quot;out of the box&quot; impressions and observations.<BR><BR>This pillow is obviously designed for up-market retail sale as the display bag it comes in is a nice canvas zippered bag with nice rope handles. Definitely something to keep around with a pillow in it because it's just too nice to throw away.<BR><BR>The pillow itself does nothing to alter this initial impression of a high quality product. The first thing you notice is, it's <span style="font-style: italic;">heavy</span>.  As heavy, in fact, as my Tempur-Pedic body pillow. In a pillow fight, you would have a decided advantage against someone waving a feather pillow. This is a pillow inside of a pillow. The inner pillow is shredded latex. The pillow cover is zippered on two sides so you can remove the cover to wash it. But calling the outer shell a cover doesn't do it justice because it's down filled.<BR><BR>This is a pillow for pillow squishers. You can plump it, punch it, and mould it.<BR><BR>My initial impression of the feel is that it <span style="font-weight: bold;">may tend to feel a bit lumpy</span>. I will have more to say about this after I have slept with it. The inner pillow is not zippered so I would have to remove some stitches to see what the latex inside looks like. I think the individual pieces are small, but they seem to cluster together and adhere to each other, creating &quot;clumps.&quot; The Tempur-Pedic pillow is actually constructed in a similar way, with a shell, in that case of solid memory foam, with the inner portion some sort of memory foam chunks, but whatever shape they are, they tend to &quot;flow&quot; more than the latex. It never feels lumpy.<br type="_moz"/>
Reply #16 Sep 30, 2007 12:32 PM
Were you able to obtain the right loft for you?
Reply #17 Sep 30, 2007 4:50 PM
Foam Nerd
donw wrote:

I'm a side-sleeper and a pillow-hugger, so yes, I was able to adjust it just the way I like it and keep it that way all night. That's something I could never do with a solid foam pillow.
Reply #18 Oct 1, 2007 2:09 AM
Myself, I was able to find the right loft, but I've since found a wonderful all-down pillow at Costco made by Pacific Feather Co. for $39. I also have a Down Surround by the same company. Something about the shredded latex just wasn't 100% satisfactory for me all of the time. It's heavier, so not as easy to punch into position like you would with a down or feather pillow. It just seems to take a little more manipulation to get the granulated latex in the right position for my head. I still like it a lot better than the solid, talalay latex, though. My 15 year old daughter sleeps on one of those and really likes it.

donw wrote:
Reply #19 Oct 19, 2007 2:13 PM
Foam Nerd
I stopped sleeping on my latex and down pillow a few days ago and switched back to my ORIGINAL fiber fill pillow. The latex can be "lumpy" and hard to mush into the right configuration, and just like my Tempur-Pedic body pillow, it can feel hard at times. I think I also prefer a lighter weight pillow. Both the Tempur and Rejuvenite pillows are quite heavy. So, over $200 later and I'm right back where I started.

If I could just find a pillow that had a wee bit more firmness than my fiberfill pillow, I'd be happy, but I've gone through every pillow at Bed Bath and Beyond and none felt any better. Maybe this is one of those cases where I need a zippered pillow cover that would allow me to transfer the contents of my fiber fill pillow plus enough from a second pillow to get the loft I want. I guess I could just try using the down filled cover of the Rejuvenite pillow. ::lightbulb coming on::
This message was modified Oct 19, 2007 by haysdb
Reply #20 Oct 20, 2007 2:11 PM
Foam Nerd
Wondering just a bit off topic...

I stuffed my old fiberfill pillow inside the Rejuvenite down-filled cover. Stuffed being the operative word. It's a bit much, but really...Not Bad. I think I might be onto something here. I  like the concept at work here of a soft shell of something that feels really good against your cheek, but may not be firm enough for an entire pillow, along with something just a bit more firm inside. What doesn't quite work for me in the case of the Harmony is the inner core of shredded latex. The second key feature is adjustability. Without the ability to adjust the loft, any pillow is going to be hit or miss, even if if feels good.

I opened just enough of a seam on the fiberfill pillow to pull out some of the fiberfill, which I put into a zip lock bag in case I need some of it back.
Reply #21 Oct 20, 2007 3:45 PM
I agree with you on the adustability, particularly with latex, since it tends to push back so much. That's why I kept adjusting the amount of shredded latex in my home-made pillow. The zippered cover makes it easy to do. I have also considered adding something like down on top of the latex shreds to make for more softness against the skin. I am happy with the loft, but the lumpiness against my face is sometimes annoying.
Reply #22 Oct 21, 2007 12:23 AM
Do you like the feel of a medium all-down pillow? I really the one by Pacific Coast Feather Co. I bought at Costco. $35.99 for a standard size. It has just the right amount of down, making it easy to conform to my head. And, it's not too lofty, nor does it go flat. I am really pleased with this pillow. I also like the Down-Around pillow, also by Pacific Coast Feather Co. That one has the feather core and is surrounded by a separate area of soft down. I got that at JC Penney for something like $24.99 on sale. Both are great pillows! Another pillow I bought over at Bed, Bath and Beyond before I purchased these is the down alternative pillow called Indulgence by Isotonic. I have the one for side sleepers with the gusseted sides. Very down-like feel. Of course, since I like my REAL down pillows so much, I'm not sure when I'll give the Indulgence a try! :-) So many pillows, so little time. I could open a store with JUST mattress toppers and pillows! I bet I'm not the only one here. <grin>

haysdb wrote:
I stopped sleeping on my latex and down pillow a few days ago and switched back to my ORIGINAL fiber fill pillow. The latex can be &quot;lumpy&quot; and hard to mush into the right configuration, and just like my Tempur-Pedic body pillow, it can feel hard at times. I think I also prefer a lighter weight pillow. Both the Tempur and Rejuvenite pillows are quite heavy. So, over $200 later and I'm right back where I started.<BR><BR>If I could just find a pillow that had a wee bit more firmness than my fiberfill pillow, I'd be happy, but I've gone through every pillow at Bed Bath and Beyond and none felt any better. Maybe this is one of those cases where I need a zippered pillow cover that would allow me to transfer the contents of my fiber fill pillow plus enough from a second pillow to get the loft I want. I guess I could just try using the down filled cover of the Rejuvenite pillow. ::lightbulb coming on::<br type="_moz"/>
Reply #23 Oct 21, 2007 3:10 AM
Foam Nerd
I came across the Pacific Coast Feather Co pillows tonight as I was doing research on down pillows. I visited a couple of BB&B stores today and really liked the feel of the down pillows the best. I especially like the idea of the Pacific Coast pillow-in-pillow designs. Macy's has a Pacific Coast SuperLoft Down Around I may go look at. I like the gussetted sides and I like the idea of a firmer core, even if the inner pillow is feathers rather than down.

This pillow-in-pillow design is already something I have some experience with, first with the Rejuvenite Harmony with it's "Comfort Puffs" latex inner pillow, and now the Harmony's outer down-filled shell with a down-alternative pillow inside instead of the latex. A feature of my arrangement is the I can customize the loft by adding or subtracting material from the inner pillow. I haven't come across any other pillow-in-pillow design with that feature.

Recent Posts