Rejuvenite pillows (Latex International)
Sep 16, 2007 3:45 AM
Foam Nerd
Rejuvenite is a division of Latex International. They offer 8 different pillows, all made from NuForm, which is referred to as an all-natural Talalay viscoelastic latex. They claim some temperature sensitivity, ala memory foam.

www.rejuvenite.com

• Renewal
A low profile design with a luxuriously plush feel. Includes a white check velour washable cover.
This classic pillow is recommended for those who are stomach and back sleepers.

• Restora
A high loft design and larger classic pillow, Restora has a firm and resilient feel for those who prefer more support.
Restora, our best seller, provides maxim
um comfort and pressure relief for those who are side and back sleepers.

• Replenish
Resilient Talalay Comfort Puffs covered with a luxuriously soft velour cover, offers a down-like feel while providing superior pressure relief and plush conforming support.
Perfect for pillow scrunchers and those who enjoy the feel of down but may be allergic."

• Vibrance
A unique, sculpted, contoured shape that cradles your head and neck for proper support and alignment throughout the night.

• Zoned
Exclusive to RejuveNite, this zoned mold offers the support of a contour pillow with the classic look you love! The two custom molded support zones offer enhanced support to you head and neck.

Is this the pillow that JC Penney is selling?

• Bliss
A low profile design with a unique Talalay Latex comfort core that creates a plush feel when snuggled inside the down liner. The cover is a silky sateen stripe cotton with a 260 thread count.
Recommended for stomach and back sleepers, as well as pillow scrunchers.

• Harmony
A high loft design with Talalay Latex Comfort Puffs creating a firmer feel that combines great support with the luxury of down. The cover is a silky sateen striped cotton fabric with a luxurious 260 thread count.
Recommended for side and back sleepers and those who prefer a little more support.

• Melody
On one side you have resilient Talalay Latex that provides breathable comfort and superior pressure relief.
On the other side you have temperature sensitive memory foam providing plush cradling support.

This message was modified Nov 12, 2010 by a moderator
Re: Rejuvenite pillows (Latex International)
Reply #4 Sep 16, 2007 11:10 AM
Thank you again Haysdb for this valuable information all in one place.  I will be getting the standard plush low profile pillow and will give a review on it when I get it.  I wish it has as low of a loft as the King size Low Profile Pillow but 5.5 is close enough to 5.2 and the Plush feel hopefully will make it low enough for me since my 6" firm or medium Natural Talalay Latex Pillow from Overstock is just a bit too firm and too high for me.  I miss my old Latex Pillow from years ago that was the perfect softness and height for me.

Please let us know you you like your pillow and what you like or do not like about it after trying it out for a few nights. 
Reply #5 Sep 16, 2007 8:42 PM
This response is probably a bit premature, because we bought ours yesterday, but we loved 'em at Gardner Mattress and slept well on 'em last night.

The low-profile plush may be 5.5" when there isn't a head on it, but it does squish down. I found it squishes down to a very nice height for me when back sleeping - too low for me when side sleeping unless I stick my hand underneath (which is how I slept growing up, with a firm low-profile latex pillow as my preferred pillow).

I was a little sorry at Gardner to see that they didn't have a low-profile firm in addition to the low-profile plush (they do carry the high-loft firm, but it also squeezes down to the same feel, although maybe at a greater height as the pillow is a bit thicker to begin with). Neither of these pillows is particularly dense. Gardner also carries other latex pillows (in plastic bags, so we didn't try any).

I may well end up chucking my Costco shaped memory foam pillow...
Reply #6 Sep 17, 2007 6:24 PM
haysdb, I am quite certain the JCPenney pillow is not Nuform foam - just regular talalay. The Rejuvenite pillow we have does feel like a cross between memory foam and latex. I think you'll be very happy with the Replenish, and if it has too much loft, you can do some "surgery" on it to remove some pellets.
Reply #7 Sep 17, 2007 7:05 PM
Foam Nerd
tcdonaghey wrote:
This response is probably a bit premature, because we bought ours yesterday, but we loved 'em at Gardner Mattress and slept well on 'em last night.

The low-profile plush may be 5.5" when there isn't a head on it, but it does squish down. I found it squishes down to a very nice height for me when back sleeping - too low for me when side sleeping unless I stick my hand underneath (which is how I slept growing up, with a firm low-profile latex pillow as my preferred pillow).

I was a little sorry at Gardner to see that they didn't have a low-profile firm in addition to the low-profile plush (they do carry the high-loft firm, but it also squeezes down to the same feel, although maybe at a greater height as the pillow is a bit thicker to begin with). Neither of these pillows is particularly dense. Gardner also carries other latex pillows (in plastic bags, so we didn't try any).

I may well end up chucking my Costco shaped memory foam pillow...

Which pillows did you buy?
Reply #8 Sep 17, 2007 10:22 PM
Low profile plush. Sorry, thought I'd made that clear enough from my early review.

-- Actually, I just went and looked at the container it came in, and that does say "Renewal" in small letters in the lower right corner of the front; so that's the sort we bought. Gardner only had the first two kinds from the list in the original post; each comes with a red sewn-in satin corner sash that says "Rejuvenite" and either "Low Profile Plush" or "High Loft Firm" but no further information. Given Gardner's no-return pillow policy and my wife's preference, we snipped the sash off with scissors before the first night.

FWIW, two nights of good sleep but slightly odd smell from the pillow makes me think I need to run it (or its cover) through the laundry...
This message was modified Sep 17, 2007 by tcdonaghey
Reply #9 Sep 17, 2007 10:57 PM
tc,What was Gardners price on the pillows?Which Gardner did you visit?Jeff
This message was modified Sep 17, 2007 by JCturboT
Reply #10 Sep 18, 2007 11:07 AM
They list for $69 each in std/queen, and I think $79 each for king. We bought 'em from Jerry at the Woburn store; he's there Wednesdays and weekends. We like him a lot. Note the no-return policy on pillows, however. When we went in to buy a mattress there Jerry told us not to get new pillows yet, because sometimes difficulty adjusting to a new bed is actually the fault of the new pillows.

I don't think pillow stock turns over very fast there; we noted that the handled zipper-cases the new pillows come in were beginning to break down.
Reply #11 Sep 23, 2007 2:42 PM
I bought off ebay a queen Restora and a Queen Renewal, including shipping the total for both was about $68. I used the Renewal last night for the first time. For sleeping on my back, I really liked it. It is very soft to me. I thought I would like the Restora more, but I haven't tried it yet. It seems like it would be better for side sleeping with its higher loft and firmer feel. I've used a Carpenter Perfect Pillow for 3.5 years and I have liked it but I wanted to try something new. That pillow is much firmer and more supportive, but not as luxurious a feel. I am waiting to receive a Carpenter Beyond down queen pillow that I bought for a good price. I'm also bidding on a down pillow and may buy a shredded latex pillow. So many pillows, but when you can get them for half or less, it's not so bad, plus you can never have enough pillows, especially when you have guests.
Reply #12 Sep 28, 2007 7:44 PM
Foam Nerd
My Rejuvenite Harmony pillow arrived today.  This is not a "review" as I haven't slept on it yet. These are just my "out of the box" impressions and observations.

This pillow is obviously designed for up-market retail sale as the display bag it comes in is a nice canvas zippered bag with nice rope handles. Definitely something to keep around with a pillow in it because it's just too nice to throw away.

The pillow itself does nothing to alter this initial impression of a high quality product. The first thing you notice is, it's heavy.  As heavy, in fact, as my Tempur-Pedic body pillow. In a pillow fight, you would have a decided advantage against someone waving a feather pillow. This is a pillow inside of a pillow. The inner pillow is shredded latex. The pillow cover is zippered on two sides so you can remove the cover to wash it. But calling the outer shell a cover doesn't do it justice because it's down filled.

This is a pillow for pillow squishers. You can plump it, punch it, and mould it.

My initial impression of the feel is that it may tend to feel a bit lumpy. I will have more to say about this after I have slept with it. The inner pillow is not zippered so I would have to remove some stitches to see what the latex inside looks like. I think the individual pieces are small, but they seem to cluster together and adhere to each other, creating "clumps." The Tempur-Pedic pillow is actually constructed in a similar way, with a shell, in that case of solid memory foam, with the inner portion some sort of memory foam chunks, but whatever shape they are, they tend to "flow" more than the latex. It never feels lumpy.
Reply #13 Sep 29, 2007 6:06 PM
Sooo, did you sleep on it last night?

Recent Posts